• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Release Date Discussion

BCVM22

Does it say anything that this individual, whose “streak of accurate information” you are championing, is dropping “hints” so completely vague that you have to do two backflips and a cartwheel for it to mean anything at all and even then it’s still impossibly vague?

Again, that’s a feature of these know-nothings, not a bug.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Does it say anything that this individual, whose “streak of accurate information” you are championing, is dropping “hints” so completely vague that you have to do two backflips and a cartwheel for it to mean anything at all and even then it’s still impossibly vague?

Again, that’s a feature of these know-nothings, not a bug.

It says just asuch both ways. Because realistically, sometimes leaking info can get you in trouble. So vague backflip hints is the name of the game.

You can choose the believe or not, as can I or anyone. I'm just sharing. And trying discuss.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I don't believe that the games will be announced in a general Nintendo Direct.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.

I'd be surprised as well if they were. That said..... Technically they were weren't they? We just haven't heard anything really major since.

BCVM22

It says just asuch both ways. Because realistically, sometimes leaking info can get you in trouble. So vague backflip hints is the name of the game.

But what's more realistic and more likely: that some random individual on YouTube actually has a pipeline to inside information but has to frame it with ridiculous vague statements like "lucky number 13" so as not to blow their cover? Or that these random know-nothings are exactly what they appear to be and simply enjoy the clicks and the attention that their unique brand of lukewarm snot attracts?

The common sense of the matter has to chime in and be heard at some point, no?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

There's a very slim chance that they could use this direct to announce an announcement.
Like maybe, "Watch out for a Pokemon Direct coming soon", or something. Regardless, the Pokemon anniversary is near anyway.

I still think February is the best month to announce the games if it's releasing in November. 9 months is a good coverage for an entry title to a new generation. XY and Sun/Moon also had around 9 months of coverage, between announcement and release.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
But what's more realistic and more likely: that some random individual on YouTube actually has a pipeline to inside information but has to frame it with ridiculous vague statements like "lucky number 13" so as not to blow their cover? Or that these random know-nothings are exactly what they appear to be and simply enjoy the clicks and the attention that their unique brand of lukewarm snot attracts?

The common sense of the matter has to chime in and be heard at some point, no?

I'd agree. That said if your gonna try to throw common sense in there let me ask this.

What's more likely that someone has a pipeline of insider info and is slowly on occasion sharing this bits and avoiding specifics to keep himself and others from getting I'm trouble (on multiple occasions)

Or

They were lucky many recorded times, enough that many other insiders and well known sources trust this person to be right.

I get the idea of exercising caution to avoid getting hyped for something that may ultimately prove false, but denying something because it's basically not an official release of info seems boring and to far the opposite.

BCVM22

I'd agree. That said if your gonna try to throw common sense in there let me ask this.

What's more likely that someone has a pipeline of insider info and is slowly on occasion sharing this bits and avoiding specifics to keep himself and others from getting I'm trouble (on multiple occasions)

Or

They were lucky many recorded times, enough that many other insiders and well known sources trust this person to be right.

The latter. Absolutely the latter. Most things are more realistic than this fictional idea of the mystical Internet insider who has all the information we crave and is willing to share it with us. In this form it’s pure wish fulfillment. It is especially realistic that some rando has spent enough time saying enough baseless things that might or might not end up being true, that end up being vaguely close enough to the truth, that they dupe enough people into inventing credibility for them.

but denying something because it's basically not an official release of info seems boring and to far the opposite.

Boring? What does that have to do with anything? I was unaware there was an excitement quotient we were required to meet.

The truth is often boring. How many times have we seen people try and invent fake-outs that are specifically as juicy and as outrageous as possible, which end up being nowhere remotely near the eventual reality?

The notion of “we should dedicate discussion time to this otherwise obviously false attempt at information because it sounds exciting” is precisely how these charlatans find an audience in the first place.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Well, looks like I was wrong.

This might still be just an "announcement for an announcement" especially since this direct will focus on the next FE title, but none of us should expect much beyond a teaser with concept art and the titles as the Pokémon Day is still very soon. However, even if we just get the titles that would still be sufficient.

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
I think we’ll get some stuff in the Direct and more in a separate Pokémon Direct next week on the 20th/21st (in Japan).

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I think we’ll get the reveal soon after the Pokemon Day events, or perhaps later, with a release date of exactly November 15, 2019.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

Not that I'm saying they will be, but I mean they've been breaking a lot of conventions lately. They never released new Pokemon mid generation. Until USUM. They never debuted on new hardware with anything other than a new generation. Until LGPE. And Pokemon has been showing up more and more in general Nintendo Directs and at E3, so the segregation between Pokemon news and general Nintendo news has been slowly eroding. It's not entirely out of the question that they could be announced in a general Direct this time.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Welp, I was partially correct after all. Now we wait for the 26-27th.

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
I think we’ll get a Pokémon Direct next week on the 20th/21st (in Japan and Australia). They usually happen a week after Nintendo Directs or so.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Pretty much went the way everyone expected, no Pokemon.

.....and I'm back to having a broken heart that SE still isn't bringing FFVIII to switch.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I guess we will be getting a Pokemon announcement pretty soon though. Remember I mentioned the guy who says the Pokemon games would be in this direct. Well he got that wrong and the Pikmin 3 HD release but he did get Boxboy, Super Mario Maker 2 and a 2D Zelda game quite right. That's far more accurate than some Pokemon release. So it got me thinking, if he got that right and he was confident about Pokemon, it's quite possible that the Pokemon games are at a stage where their ready to be announced sometime soon in February or the next month early on. So while we don't see a Pokemon game announcement now, we may see one sometime later but sooner than we think.