1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

remake of all the old games for DS

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by White_Boy_95, Feb 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. White_Boy_95

White_Boy_95 New Member

i think the remake of all the old Pokemon games such such as yellow, blue, red, leaf green, fire red, ruby, sapphire and emerald for the DS would be a great way to capture the joy of the old games.

keep all the original designs eg, Pokemon yellow Pikachu is your starter Pokemon and only Pikachu fallows you around.

there's already a remake of silver and gold what happened to the others?

2. Monochromatic

Monochromatic A.k.a: Nemo

LeafGreen and FireRed are remakes in their own right. HG and SS somewhat already capture Kanto. The next remake should, and probably will be, Hoenn. Perhaps after Gen VI is released.

3. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

That won't happen. It'd oversaturate the market. Plus, the DS is a dead console.

4. I would love to see remakes. Gen VI style on the 3DS, of course. Gen III is my favorite, so I would love to play an updated version of that, and I've always wanted to see a remake of Yellow.

You know what else would be cool? If they released any of those games for the Virtual Console on the 3DS. It probably won't happen -- it would be hard to reprogram games that rely so much on communication for a new system -- but I would play any of them in a heartbeat.

5. Meeker

Meeker It needs a fence.

I's like to see some Gen. 4 remakes for 3DS (though I don't have one yet), along with remakes of R/S/E.

6. ShoesThief

ShoesThief Thief of Shoes

Well I too think that FR/LG are remakes along with SS/HG. I'd like to see RS remakes formatted to the DS/3DS just because that's a game i'd like to see and i'm working on my HG game. As for D/P they already have it on the DS

7. RaZoR LeAf

RaZoR LeAf Night Terror

Constantly remaking the older games would start to reek of desperation. Leaf Green and Fire Red were great remakes at the time, but even now they are looking dated considering the leaps in 3D technology on hand held devices. What's next? A remake of a remake?

8. randomspot555

randomspot555 Well-Known Member

You can still FIND new 4th gen games, including the Sinnoh games, in some stores. There's no need to remake games that are readily available.

HGSS had Kanto and there's really no need to re-visit Kanto unless you give it a brand new purpose.

9. Excitable Boy

Excitable Boy is a metaphor

Just toss them all on the Virtual Console and call it a day.

C'myan, GameFreak and Nintendo. You know we have money, and you know we'd give it to you if you did that.

10. Nibbles4Ever

Nibbles4Ever 1 more day ^^

They already made remakes for gen 1 and 2 they won't do it again >.>

11. Dew Watatsumi

Dew Watatsumi Water Type E-3

It would be cool, but I highly doubt that they would remake the mother/earthbound series games

12. Ver-mont

Ver-mont Well-Known Member

No, that would be overkill.

The remakes we have capture the essence of Gen I and Gen II already, there's no need to do them again.

Out of all the games you mentioned, I can only see Ruby and Sapphire getting remakes, and I don't even think they're much necessary.

You can always simply go back and play the old games again if you miss them.

13. SilverFox

SilverFox So sly

I wanted the R/S remakes on the DS that was all the gens would have been for DS because all the characters from Hoeen look old and outdated compared to everyone else. Now if they are gonna be remade then all the chracters will have updated sprites and everyone from Gen 1, 2, 3, and 5 would be the old and outated ones.

14. Cutty

Cutty Forever now

They of course can integrate the remake in the new game/gen. Like a post game that would take us to older region.
    At least Hoenn.
    Im losing my hope of R/S/E remakes btw.

15. Bolt the Cat

Bolt the Cat Bringing the Thunder

I'd rather have BW2 style sequels than straight remakes. There's more potential for interesting Pokedex and region design changes then.

16. KeldeoCool

KeldeoCool The Sword of Justice

It would be cool. But, as Satoshi says in most of the interviews, he is most likely going to keep on the "new ideas". But, it would be cool to see Pikachu follow you one more!

17. BurningWhiteKyurem

BurningWhiteKyurem Well-Known Member

The only problem is that BW2-style sequels can only work for certain storylines (it was fantastic because N's/Ghetsis' story was open-ended, and we didn't know the full potential of Kyurem, and how it came to be from the indigenous Unovans' perspectives, and Unova as a whole was underdeveloped and quite bland, which BW2 fixed). I mean, you could argue that RBY-GSC was fantastic because the Johto-Kanto storyline meshed beautifully.

I don't know if it would work for a story like regions like Hoenn and Sinnoh given that there isn't much open-ended after the Team Magma-Aqua and Hoenn's Elite 4 are beaten. Plus, I personally would find it weird if new pokemon designs were suddenly discovered after we solidified the pokedex for that region.

18. Excitable Boy

Excitable Boy is a metaphor

what

Not only has Tajiri not done any interviews recently, he hasn't worked on any of the games past Gen I like at all.

You could say that about Hoenn or Sinnoh, though. Archie/Maxie and Cyrus aren't exactly behind bars, and it's not as if there's no potential for new villians, or even new myths/forms to older Pokemon. Like how Unova had added areas to compensate for the fact that BW1 were arguably the shortest main series games yet (if you consider GSCHGSS only complete when 16 Badges are obtained and/or Red is defeated), perhaps Hoenn's vast amount of ocean could get smaller and another land route or two added, or Sinnoh's huge amounts of mountain could've crumbled/been grown over/had humans alter them to make it easier to get around.

They did that for Unova. I don't think GameFreak really cares.

19. Ditto B1tch

Ditto B1tch Well-Known Member

A remake of a remake is fine for me as long as it is launched in a very further future.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  20. BurningWhiteKyurem

BurningWhiteKyurem Well-Known Member

Yeah, you can say that Archie/Maxie aren't in jail but their dialogue from Emerald certainly seems to suggest completion in that they've learned that their plans were disturbing the balance of nature and simply abandoned their Teams/Plans. That's the thing, BW1 was the shortest and most painfully linear Pokemon game whereas Sinnoh and Hoenn were interesting and unique designs, thus I don't really see how to improve on these regions and bad teams to make a sequel feasible to play.

I was talking about considering new additions to an old region's pokedex (from what I interpreted anyway). If Bolt meant that regions get Pokemon that are indigenous to other regions then that's fine since I liked the huge variety of Pokemon not only for collectibility, but also for strategic battling (no more 3 Yamasks etc).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.