• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Remeber this?

~Nidoking~

Team Aqua Admin
Thomas the tank engine and friends.
A classic in its own right, and a show that most of you watched.

It was one of my fave shows.I watched a new one and after sitting thourgh not more then the first 2 minutes,I turned it off and said to my self "What the flip."

It was sugercoated and waterd down.I read up on it and found out that many Classics such as Duck,BoCo,Oliver and Duke were removed.
The reason being advertising.
I did more reserch and Came across many New engines Including Hank the Usa engine.

Not wanting to be racist or what ever,but what right does an American engine to be on Sodor?Sodor is a britsh Show,and as such only needs U.k engines.

But lets not refelect on This.We need to reflect upon 1-5 the GOOD era.

Cyan

Mortal
Not wanting to be racist or what ever,but what right does an American engine to be on Sodor?Sodor is a britsh Show,and as such only needs U.k engines.

An American engine was mentioned in the Duke's story in the books. He got turned into a boiler, unfortunately.

Ah, fond memories. I remember this show fondly. I have a huge book that has all of the original stories by the Rev. W. Audry and I amassed a large number of wooden trains when I was young.

I found Sir Handel and the other engines on his line like Skarloey and Duncan to be my personal favorites.

PokemonHero

I can see the future
Ah, fond memories. I remember this show fondly. I have a huge book that has all of the original stories by the Rev. W. Audry and I amassed a large number of wooden trains when I was young.

I have that book somewhere in my house. *Runs off to find it* Yep, here it is. He wrote a lot of these stories. And we also have a Thomas the Tank Engine train we've been running around our Christmas tree every year since I was really young.

I still have a large collection of the videos narrated by George Carlin and Ringo Starr. I remember a few years back during spring break, my brother and I watched the eleven videos we amassed during our younger days.

I guess I got into the Thomas the Tank Engine series because I have family connections to the railroad. I've had a few relatives who worked on the railroads in Western Maryland.

Cyan

Mortal
I still have a large collection of the videos narrated by George Carlin and Ringo Starr. I remember a few years back during spring break, my brother and I watched the eleven videos we amassed during our younger days.

Back up. I remember Ringo narrating and playing Mr. Conductor (He sang a 'Lumberjack Song' parody), but you lost me at Carlin.

Wait, wasn't Carlin Mr. Conductor in the American show?

PokemonHero

I can see the future
Back up. I remember Ringo narrating and playing Mr. Conductor (He sang a 'Lumberjack Song' parody), but you lost me at Carlin.

Wait, wasn't Carlin Mr. Conductor in the American show?

Yep. Carlin was Mr. Conductor on Shining Time Station from 1991 until 1993. He was also the American narrator for Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends from 1991 to 1998.

oddsok

(^^,)
My 3 year old brother loves Thomas so much. He has a huge amount of wooden engines and a heap of track. He also has all the DVDs of the earlier seasons. He can't get enough.

Mewtwo152

Not dead yet.
I loved that show! I still have a heap of wood trains. Why the hell are the new trains cheap plastic?
best memory: I never could watch the episode when Thomas thought Percy was a ghost, because I'd get scared. 8O

Andywoo

Banned
Ah yes, memories. I guess I didn't appreaciate the sceneary etc. of the whole set, but now that I do build models (wagons, carriages etc.) one really appreaciates what an amazaing job they did to make it that authentic.

The show was pretty good too!

Honsy

Screaming Narwhal
Haha. Oh god...I remember.

I never knew that Ringo narrated it until early this year. *shock and horror!*

WishmakerX

Event Master Hunter
Ha, I loved this show when I was like 2-3 years old. I had All the freakin' toys and everything, but did have a friend that liked it more and had more crap than me.

HoennMaster

I think I'm going to regret this, but here is goes.

This was my favorite show when I was younger. I had tons of the VHS', two backpacks stuffed full of the toys, and plenty of other merchandise. My favorite character is Henry. I don't even know why, he just is. And now onto regret....I still like the show and it makes a nice little get a way once and a while.

KetchupO

tωisted
I loved this show when I was 6 : O

Watching it now, I never understand what was so great about it.
It's actually kinda boring & dull xD

Cap D. Blue

ボルトチェンジ
My previous enthusiasm for this show got passed on to my younger cousin. Granted, he's four, but still...

I still have my old wooden trains, and take them out from time to time...

Only to have my Bionicle figures demolish the track in an epic battle to determine the fate of trainkind.

mockingjay

swift and lol
I used to watch it, but it got boring for me. I also used to think that fat guy in a black suit was called the Phuck controller or something like that.

Synthetic

They changed the tune! WTF. I guess my biggest beef is it feels too shiny and plastic looking now. And now it takes place on some random island...? I'm disappointed. v__v

This always seems to happen; they're destroying all our childhoods, one remastered series at a time.

Cipher

Nothing to be done
Two words: Ringo Starr.

And am I remembering correctly that this show had a character obsessed with nickels? Named Schemer?

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
They changed the tune! WTF. I guess my biggest beef is it feels too shiny and plastic looking now. And now it takes place on some random island...? I'm disappointed. v__v

It always took place on an island.

This always seems to happen; they're destroying all our childhoods, one remastered series at a time.

Postman Pat, Fireman Sam, Noddy....*sniffles* I mean, wtf is with the new Postman Pat? It's absolutely awful!

I used to love Thomas the Tank Engine, except for the episode where Percy pushed the trucks on to Bulstrode and sank him. I used to be scared of that one. T_T

I still have my old wooden trains, and take them out from time to time...

Only to have my Bionicle figures demolish the track in an epic battle to determine the fate of trainkind.

We have so much to discuss.

~Nidoking~

Team Aqua Admin
It always took place on an island.

Postman Pat, Fireman Sam, Noddy....*sniffles* I mean, wtf is with the new Postman Pat? It's absolutely awful!

I used to love Thomas the Tank Engine, except for the episode where Percy pushed the trucks on to Bulstrode and sank him. I used to be scared of that one. T_T

We have so much to discuss.

If you watched the Usa Bulstrode,Carlin Hiccuped in it.