• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Remember the Name! (A Journey Fic rated PG)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoc15

Leon is Pro!
Author's Note:
Have you ever wondered if a Shedninja could overcome it's own shortcomings? Ever dreamt that a Metapod was actually good? Well these questions will not be answered! Yayz! But the point is that the mysteries in surrounding events in this journey fic will always have an explanation, whether
it is insane or not. And before I start this fic, which will be after this post, I'll give you a little outline about the plot! Even more yayz! Well, in this newly and never explored region called Geoaoore (odd name, isn't it?), a trainer by the name John(it's a man!) gets his first Pokemon and wants to spread his name across the land (henceforth, the title Remember the Name!). So let's start!
-Stoc15

REMEMBER THE NAME!: A JOURNEY FIC RATED PG

Current Table of Contents
Prologue: A New Dawn!
Chapter 1: Oh That Rival!

Last edited:

Stoc15

Leon is Pro!
Prologue:
A New Dawn
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm going to get a Pokemon! I'm going to get a Pokemon!" John Melachony chanted across his room.

He had been doing this for about 7 hours, and he did not realize that to get his first Pokemon, he had to be there about 2 hours ago.

"Johnnnn! Didn't you wanna get a Pokemon?" John's mother yelled to him from downstairs.

John looked at the time. It was 11:00! "Holy crap I am late! See ya' mom!" He said rushing down the stairs out door as quick as possible.

"Ya' know he could of' gotten breakfast," she said depressed.
John was at the Unversity of Pokemon in about 5 minutes after he discovered he was late. "I need a Pokemon, please!" He said to the man in a tough, burly brown jacket.

"Uhhhh, how can I put this to you in terms that don't make you mad.... you'll have to get the most useless one I have left," the man said.

"Please! I'll get anything!" John moaned to the man.

"Okay... Here you go," The man said as he handed a Poke Ball to John.

"Let's see what is!" John said very encouraged. A flash of light appeared and then FWOOSH! The light dissapeared revealing a metalic like Pokemon turned sideways.

"A Beldum?! You gave me a Beldum! Of all the Pokemon you have you gave me a Beldum!"

"Ya' should of seen the look of the kid who got a Magikarp," the man said shrugging trying to smile.

"Just who do you think you are?!"

"....The professor."

"Oh...." John said very displeased.

"Hey Professor! I got your task taken care of! One Ether to your demands," A boy roughly about John's age said in a gruff tone. "Hey! Who's this boy?"

"Don't treat the professor like that!" John yelled very angered.

"Since when have you treaten me nicely?" The professor asked.

"Since now! You may of given me a Beldum, but I still got a Pokemon so I respect you! And I won't let that arrogant punk like him insult you like that!"

"Arrogant punk, eh? I'll show you who's the arrogant punk in a battle!"

To Be Continued.....

Last edited:

Stoc15

Leon is Pro!
Chapter 1
Oh That Rival!
"Prepare for victory, Beldum!" John said to the little floating metallic Pokemon as it got in it's battle stance.

"End this quickly, Magby!" The boy yelled as a flash of light from a Poke Ball disappeared and a little red creature with a yellow mouth and afroish hair emerged.

"The name is John. What is your's?"

"Tim."

"That'll do- for a enemy who I will crush!"

"Urrrrrr.... Magby, attack that little weak Beldum with Flamethrower!" A gushing amount of flames where headed straight for Beldum.

"Beldum head straight through it with Take Down!!!"

"What?!" Tim and the Professor gasped. Beldum is a steel type, so Beldum will take serious damage from that Flamethrower.

Beldum sent itself right through the flames like they were nothing and BAM! The impact of Take Down hit Magby straight into the wall.

"Ya' did good Magby, I love you. As for you John, time to fear my second Pokemon!" Another flash of light appeared as a tall, beetle-like figure emerged.

"What is that?"

"That my fine young trainer is a Beezlebud, the Beetle Pokemon. It's an exclusive Pokemon from this region. I'd make sure you avoid it's Tackle attack- It has quite the impact," the professor explained to John.

"Beezlebud, start up Bug Buzz!" Tim commanded the beetle-like Pokemon as it started dancing around as the floor shook.

"Beldum, spin around Beezlebud a couple of times!" Beldum spun as fast as it could and Beezlebud was dancing as fast as ever, soon weared out.

"Beezlebud, hurry!"

It was too late. "Beldum, finish it up with a Take Down!" The full impact of the attack hit Beezlebud and soon Beezlebud was motionless.
"You're a good tactical battler, John. But don't get your hopes up, I will beat you next time we meet," Tim said as he walked out of the University of Pokemon.

"Now young trainer, there are a few matters to be solved. My name is Professor Cal, just if you were wondering. Next, I'll give you this," The professor said.

John received the POKEMON TRAINER STARTER KIT!

"What is in the Pokemon Trainer Starter Kit?" John asked.

"For starters, it has 5 free Poke Balls, a manual on competive battling, a manual on being a co-ordinator in contests, a Pokedex and some Poke Cards, as well as 5,000 Poke Dollars!"

John received 5 POKE BALLS, THE COMPETIVE BATTLING GUIDE, THE CO-ORDINATORS GUIDE, A POKEDEX, 596 POKE CARDS AND 5,000 POKE DOLLARS!

"What are Poke Cards?"

"Well you see, the Pokedex is totally blank upon receving it, but Poke Cards add in the data through a slip-in are on the side of the Pokedex. I suggest you add in Beldum, Magby and Beezlebud," Professor Cal explained.

"Okay, well it's time I set off! Goodbye Professor Cal!" John said walking out the door.

"Goodbye John!"

To Be Continued
Next Time on Remember the Name!
John has his first Trainer battles and conversation with his soon-to-be traveling companion! Also it's money spending galore!
Chapter 2: A Trainer's Average Day!

xXPorygonXx

Sort of active
Hey, here's some advice: Read Advice for Aspiring Authors. How do I know you didn't? If you did read, you would've known that the first post must contain a prolouge or chapter, and you can't multi-post chapters in a row.

Your description is non-existant for the first chapter, as it's completely dialouge. Describe what the proffessor and John look like. Who are they? What do they look like? What is a Beldum, and what does it look like? Etc. Otherwise, unless we are given information on their appearances, we won't know what they look like.

Your plot needs work. The main character receives a Beldum which is apparantly unaffected by the incredibly hot flames that would've otherwise completely obliterated any other Pokemon. Plus, it's rather odd that he would've been able to work well with a Pokemon he got five seconds ago. You also mentioned that this bug-Pokemon is exclusive to this region. ...which one? You mention it outside of the chapter, but it needs to be said inside the chapter so we know. Why is it exclusive to there? Why is John getting a Pokemon? What is this University?

Please go read AAA and rewrite this according to the rules.

Last edited:

Psychic

Really and truly
Hey, here's some advice: Read Advice for Aspiring Authors. How do I know you didn't? If you did read, you would've known that the first post must contain a prolouge or chapter, and you can't multi-post chapters in a row.
Actually, it's the Fan Fiction Rules which plainly state...well, the rules of posting on their forum.

You're right on your second point; if there's no actual story in the first post, the fic gets closed instantly (and no, a chapter index and even a summary do not count).

However on your third point you are incorrect; if nobody has replied to one chapter, it is completely within the writer's rights to post the next one. (It's just not advised that you post them within a few hours - or even days - of each other because you're not giving anyone the chance to read it if you just keep throwing chapters at the rapid-fire.)

In any case, please read the Fan Fiction Rules on posting in this section.

~Psychic

Status
Not open for further replies.