• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Renaissance in New York

Bardische

Elegance.
Okay, this is my first competitive battling team for Black and White! Yay :D

BTW, this is SOLELY Black and White things, so no old gen ones for now :O

Sprites courtesy of Veekun :D

547.png

Erufuun
Item: Focus Sash/Choice Scarf
Ability: Mischievous Heart (Non-damaging moves gain +1 priority)
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 Speed ~ 252 Hp ~ 4 Sp.Def
- Taunt
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Cotton Spore/Toxic/U-Turn

The Lead Annoyance. A +1 Taunt will surely ruin guys like Aerodactyl and Azelf, so this is a plus. Spreading Leech Seed like a disease is also a good thing. A Sub that's always there? Yes please.

Now, Cotton Spore can help cripple fast sweepers like Azelf (non-lead ones) and basically fast and hard-hitters. Otherwise, if Erufuun decides to stay in, Toxic can help in damage. If I worry for other Taunt Erufuuns or something, U-Turn can help me "Slip Through" the battle. LAME.

620.png

Kojondo
Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Regeneration (Recovers an undetermined amount of health when switching out)
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 Hp
- U-Turn
- Hi Jump Kick/Jump Kick
- Meditate
- Stone Edge/Ankle Sweep

To be honest, I thought he would make a good sweeper when I realized he was another glass cannon. God. U-Turn helps in squirming out of situations like a Salamence or Shanderaa. I would be careful about a Flame Body one, though, but that ability is sorta gimmicky. Shadow Tag Shanderaa is for the win, now.

Hi Jump Kick is such a blessing, but Jump Kick is a better alternative for something more accurate. Either way, they are both risky but the payoff is phenomenal.

Meditate is...just there...to be honest.

Stone Edge for Flying-types like Wargle or Gyarados, and maybe Skarmory, and Ankle Sweep for fun :D

563.png

Desukan
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Mummy (When hit by any physical attack, opponent's ability turns into Mummy. I dunno if mummified opponent that gets hit again will spread it)
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 Defense, 252 Special Defense, 4 Sp. Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Haze
- Evil Eye
- protect

The classic WoW.

Haze is something that sets it apart from Dusknoir. Being an obvious wall, the likes of Gengar and Shanderaa have no time to annoy but do have time to attack. Desukan has all the time it needs. Look at those sexy defenses. It prevents the opponent from setting up on it, especially things like Bulk Up Guts Rohpushin or whatnot.

Evil Eye is extremely useful in most cases, as you'd be spreading WoW like wildfire (get it?) every time. protect is another classic. Damage for them, healing for you. Yay.

Heatran loves eating your sarcophagi.

567.png

Akeosu
Item: Sitrus Berry/Focus Sash
Ability: Weak-kneed (When this pokemon's health drops to about half of the total, its attack decreases)
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 Hp
- Acrobat
- Stone Edge
- U-Turn
- Dragon Tail/Earthquake

Hello flying Slaking. My Akeosu can survive hits for some reason. Acrobat destroys everything that doesn't resist it. Focus Sash in tandem with this move is a risky option, because priority will shoot this bird out of the sky.

Stone Edge is the classic STAB.

U-Turn to get away from it all.

Dragon Tail is an option to rid yourself of some ugly wall that loves eating your rocks and laugh at your bird's ability to glide in the air like a spandex-wearing circus freak.

Earthquake will enforce the classic QuakEdge as well.

589.png

Shubarugo
Item: Occa Berry/Leftovers/Focus Sash
Ability: Shell Armor
Nature: Brave
EVs: 252 Atk, 126 Def, 126 Sp.Def, 4 Hp.
- Megahorn
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head/Reversal
- Fast Guard/Counter

I had fun with this thing so much. Megahorn is a blessing. It makes it look like a bulkier Heracross. Swords Dance is the main form of upping Attack. It helps.

Iron Head is another STAB, while Reversal would be powerful to anything that cuts its health down.

Fast Guard blocks priority, while Counter surprises anything that tries to Flare Blitz it into oblivion.

516.png

Hiyakki
Item: Sitrus Berry/Liechi Berry/Salac Berry
Ability: Gluttony
Nature: Jolly
- Acrobat
- Waterfall
- Ankle Sweep
- Claw Sharpen

My gimmick mon. Gluttony helps in activating it quite early so Acrobat can have decent coverage, especially against things like Celebi or whatnot.

Waterfall is STAB.

Claw Sharpen helps increase its power, especially if it held a Salac Berry.

Ankle Sweep can help insure you are faster, I think..

Well, hope you guys enjoyed my team! Any comments would be appreciated. Seeing as this is a new metagame, I can take ANY form of criticism. Yes.

BTW, these are all my sets I have worked hard on. And if I happen to have a Smogon set or whatever, then sorry, these pokemon have stuff that about half of everyone else would probably think about as well >_>

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
Not going to rate the whole thing right now, but I may do so later. I just wanted to comment on something that really jumped out at me for now.

I noticed that you have Erufuun possibly Scarfed and running a load of Spe EVs. This seems to be, unless I have misunderstood the ability, in heavy contradiction with Mischievous Heart. The ability gives you automatic priority over normal moves, and as at least 3 of the moves in your moveset are non-attacking, you essentially have a full set of priority moves to fire off. This is confusing because priority bypasses Spe, yet you invest in it. To solve the problem, I recommend you go with the Focus Sash, and run a Spread of 252 HP / 116 Def / 132 SpDef / 8 Spe, Careful. This is an EV spread tailored for maximum defensive potential; HP is maxed, naturally, as it boosts up both of your defensive stats together while only requiring investment in one of them. As for the Def and SpDef investments, they have been tailored to be virtually identical except that there is a slight bias on the SpDef side; this allows you to force Download Pokémon to get an Atk rather than SpAtk boost. The 8 Spe outspeed any other leads like this one running only 4 Spe.

As I said, I may do a full rate later. Hope it helps.

Another Form

Master of all forms
It seems that Kojondo could lose meditate (with such weak defenses it would never get any real use) and instead learn fake out for a priority move that would get a good amount of use seeing as how often Kojondo switches out.

Edit to my earlier post: Seeing as how Kojondo also has access to detect, there would be no reason to teach it quick guard.

Last edited:

Bardische

Elegance.
Not going to rate the whole thing right now, but I may do so later. I just wanted to comment on something that really jumped out at me for now.

I noticed that you have Erufuun possibly Scarfed and running a load of Spe EVs. This seems to be, unless I have misunderstood the ability, in heavy contradiction with Mischievous Heart. The ability gives you automatic priority over normal moves, and as at least 3 of the moves in your moveset are non-attacking, you essentially have a full set of priority moves to fire off. This is confusing because priority bypasses Spe, yet you invest in it. To solve the problem, I recommend you go with the Focus Sash, and run a Spread of 252 HP / 116 Def / 132 SpDef / 8 Spe, Careful. This is an EV spread tailored for maximum defensive potential; HP is maxed, naturally, as it boosts up both of your defensive stats together while only requiring investment in one of them. As for the Def and SpDef investments, they have been tailored to be virtually identical except that there is a slight bias on the SpDef side; this allows you to force Download Pokémon to get an Atk rather than SpAtk boost. The 8 Spe outspeed any other leads like this one running only 4 Spe.

As I said, I may do a full rate later. Hope it helps.

This is really reasonable. The scenario I had in my head was what if Erufuun was up against another Mischievous Heart user. The point of the EVs was to completely ensure Erufuun would get the Taunt first. The 2nd fastest users of Mischievous Heart are Torneros and Boltros . Both at base 111, while Erufuun is at 116. The 3rd fastest is Lepardas, at 106.

I really thought of Erufuun's capability. I feel that its offensive stats were meh, but also thought its defenses were good. But its Speed is where it shines, and being the fastest user of Mischievous Heart will give it a place as the fastest user of Taunt in the metagame of Generation V.

IIRC, Azelf and Aerodactyl (two very common Taunters of Gen IV) have no priority, so Erufuun pretty much doesn't need any investment, in my opinion.

The only true flaw of this set is U-Turn. It's not boosted, so things like Gengar and base 120+ mons will kill it. So I guess your EV spread would be good but maybe try and switch the EVs for Hp to Speed and vice versa.

Another flaw is being a Taunt bait if it goes completely passive. Especially if either Torneros and Bolteros happen to have a Choice Scarf and Erufuun a Focus Sash. It WILL get screwed.

I really hope my thoughts would help you understand the situation most of us will try to prevent.