• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rename a Pokémon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
Here's one I just got today:

Gorebyss = Amorebyss (Amore + Abyss)
Going from Gorebyss's Pokédex entries, I'd say no.

Woopman said:
Almost no one knows why it's called Wooper.
An astute observer would note that its Japanese name, "Upaa," is phonetically equivalent to "Wooper."

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Kitakykukou is too long to be a name either. 10 character limit folks. :/
Hell, I don't even think the Japanese version could fit that either with their 5 character limit. :/

Budew to Rosebud
I seriously thought that it was going to be called Rosebud to go along with Roselia and Roseraid.
[img139]http://www.nakedauthors.com/uploaded_images/citizen_kaneRosebud-766723.jpg[/img139]

Woopman

Wooptrainer
An astute observer would note that its Japanese name, "Upaa," is phonetically equivalent to "Wooper."

But not everyone's an astute observer. :/

Besides, Axolotl pets are called "Wooper Rooper" in Japan. That's where the name comes from.

I still think we need something more Axolotl-ish. ^.^

Engarde is really a great name for Gallade.

POKEMONISDUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drifblim to Blimpadow (Blimp + Shadow)
Why? Because I think Drifblim is too weird of a name so I would change it to Blimpadow..

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Just two wiled ones I recently made:

Espeon- Senseon (Sense + Eon)
Umbreon- Shadeon (Shade/Shadow + Eon)

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
Chansey is "Lucky" anyway. In Japan.
GO JAPAN
And in Japan "Japan" is "Nippon." Go figure.

Tri hawk

Say no to Poké-drugs
Rename Palkia to Palk-eye-ah. Thus resembling my original pronounciation of the Pokemon.

It still doesn't click with me.

espeon_155

Pokemon Prof.
Not so good with the naming but maybe Wimsar to Audsar, the word before it has more meaning with saound and stuff. Plus Wimsar? Weird name...

Shadow Eeveelution

DracLord Dread
Not so good with the naming but maybe Wimsar to Audsar, the word before it has more meaning with saound and stuff. Plus Wimsar? Weird name...

Wimsar????????????????

Darkfall

Abuses SHIFT + ENTER
Onix > Tectonix. (Good ol Memorial Pillar)

I just think it sounds cooler, I mean, Onix is a bit boring right? Tectonix (Tectonic Plate + Onix) makes it sound a lot tougher and is generally a more awesome name IMO.

Aviano

I dropped my balls
Gallade to Engarde
Keeping "Garde" to match Gardevoir in both name and to be French, and En garde! is a phrase commonly used in sword fighting, which is what Gallade is primarily known for.

Engarde is now offically the second new name that's actually better then the original one. Kudos to you.

the master123

Ive Gotta bad feelin
Hmmmm maybe i would change Blissy to Glissy yeah i know its not the best.
Then again it would go good with a shiny Blissy.

AuraWolf

Neji and Tyki fan
You can't seriously think Kitakyokukou is better then Suicune. I thought Suicune was hard to pronounce...

Well excuse me for being differnt >-<
And unlike you I can pronounce the name "Kitakyokukou".Please keep your opinions to yourself (sighs)

zipzap713

@Peteyism
I'd rename Piplup as Penya.
Why? Because when I drew a Penguin Pokemon a few years before DP was announced, that is what I named it.

Status
Not open for further replies.