• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Renewed Pokemon Emerald Team (RMT)

Reddyll

Hi Guys, I've gotten very bored and sick of the 4th and 5th generation pokemon games. So, i went through my GBA box and found my emerald and fire red games. I've played leaf green 100 times, so i didnt want to follow the same story line again. So, i want to start playing Emerald. I need help with my team and im not so sure if i should use a starter. So far the plan is:

Lets Assemble the team first, then figure out the moves :)

-
257.gif

Has a much better move pool and tm's able to learn than Sceptile and Swampert. Has a good coverage for a fire-type, and a overall nice starter. I tend to not really use my starter.

-
264.gif

Don't really like this pokemon, just want to use him as a HM slave for surf. Very helpful Pick-Up ability though.

-
282.gif

I used to love this amazing beauty, but after a while i kept using her. And she's been getting more and more boring. Fun pokemon to use through.

-
342.gif

Love CRAWDAUNT 65% he's in my team. Just a typical fave hoenn region pokemon.

- Thinking of/ FUN pokes

310.gif
306.gif
219.gif
286.gif

319.gif
326.gif
332.gif
335.gif

346.gif
348.gif
359.gif
214.gif

i really dont know who to put in my team at all. Help me make my team :).
Movesets and items as well guys. Battle frontier tactics tips using this team if possible.
No legendaries or traded/evolved pokemon.

Added Help Info (cantab):

You might be better off asking in a thread. It's been a while since I played Emerald.

If it's just for a story run then it doesn't matter that much what you use. That said, I'd tip Torchic as the best starter. Mudkip is OK but once it evolves to Marshstomp it gets a 4x grass weakness which makes it a bit too easily KOed sometimes. I'm not a fan of grass types in general, though there's nothing particularly wrong with Treecko.

A Zigzagoon with Pickup is worth having, just remember to regularly check it and take the item off. You can raise it to battle and it does OK, or just use it for a HM mule.

Skarmory's not bad, takes hits like a champ. If you're not using a grass type you will want an electric, and Magnemite's a good pick, the resistances the steel typing brings it are always nice.

Abra's done well in every game I've used it in. Even if you can't trade to fully evolve it Kadabra has plenty enough power.

Don't be tempted by Sableye, its stats are rubbish.

Last edited:

Reddyll

Ok, so no one is answering this thread so im thinking its too much and too confusing. So with the help of M4zz, I have a few guidelines to follow.

- Avoid doubling-up on types. The more diverse your team is, the more successful your team will be in pinch situations. However, this doesn't mean stacking your team with six Pokemon, all of whom are double typed. Be diverse and the game should flow smoothly.
- Try to remain at least 4 levels above the competition. This tends to require additional grinding, but having the strength advantage will definitely pay off, as it makes the battles easier.
- Don't use TM's until you're capable of cloning them at the Battle Frontier. This gives Pokemon access to niche moves that would otherwise end up going elsewheres.
- Avoid using Pokemon like Beldum, Bagon, or other Pokemon that reach their final forms at around level 50, but can only be obtained late-game. This makes completing the team difficult. However, if you're up to the challenge, go for it.

I've also decided to use Blaziken and Ludicolo as my core pokemons, since I can get both of them early in-game. My other favorites to join the team are Aggron, Claydol, Altaria and Zangoose (fav of mine).
I have move sets for these members but the pokemon in my previous post still apply, excluding Flygon, Salamence, Shiftry and Metagross.
RULE: No more than one of the same item, no egg moves.

Guaranteed Members (In Order of Obtaining):

257.gif
@ Focus Sash
- Bulk Up
- Brick Break/Sky Uppercut
- Earthquake/Dig
- Flamethrower/Overheat

Mostly offensive Blaziken, Bulk Up to give each moves the added power and defense needed. Brick Break, just a normal offensive and reliable fighting-type move. Earthquake to give Blaziken that extra coverage if needed. And Flamethrower, who doesnt want this move on a fire type. Just a normal offense set, may be dumb. Items are random. Help me improve him.

272.gif
@ Leftovers
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Swords Dance
- Giga Drain

Modified the normal set of Surf, Ice Beam, Rain Dance and Razor Leaf. Another move set similar to Blaziken, overall offensive set with one supporting move. Surf is there for HM uses, and is actually one of my favorite water-moves. Ice Beam is to cover the likes of flying-type, my favorite ice-type move, hands down. Swords Dance is to support Ludicolo with extra coverage when facing tougher opponents. Its worked for me in the past and it should work now. And i dont need to explain Giga Drain.

Movesets with no explanation (unsure)

306.gif
@?
- Toxic/Earthquake
- Thunderbolt
- Protect
- Iron Tail

334.gif
@?
- Dragon Dance
- Sky Attack/Rest
- Fly
- Dragon Claw

335.gif
@?
- Shadow Ball
- Strength
- Swords Dance
- Return

344.gif
@?
- Ancientpower
- Rapid Spin
- Psychic
- Ice Beam/Shadow Ball/Cosmic Power/Calm Mind

Emeraldfan

Focus Sash doesn't exist.

Blaziken
Hasty/Naive
~ Flamethrower
~ Sky Uppercut
~ Slash
~ Bulk Up

is fairly easy to get, and doesn't waste any TM's. You could replace Slash with Return (you can get more of those TM's). Double STAB + normal for unresisted coverage.

Swords Dance is useless since you're not running any physical moves.

Ludicolo
~ Surf
~ Ice Beam
~ Mega Drain
~ Filler

Surf is HM and STAB, Ice Beam for coverage, and as a TM you can get more than once. Mega Drain is lvl up. (Giga Drain is TM)
It doesn't learn anything more useful pre-E4.

Also, Zangoose isn't available in Emerald.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Giga Drain is better than Mega Drain.

Manectric gves you an Electric Typing , though it lacks a Movepool to go with it.

• Manectric @ Leftovers
• Modest
• Static
- Thunderbolt
- Bite / Crunch
- Thunder Wave
- Roar / HP [Ice]

A few of these moves require Breeding , but aren't necessary unless you want to widen your Movepool.

Zangoose can use Brick Break > one of your STAB's to give you unresisted coverage with Shadow Ball.

Ditto B1tch

257.gif
@ Focus Sash
- Bulk Up
- Brick Break/Sky Uppercut
- Earthquake/Dig
- Flamethrower/Overheat

Mostly offensive Blaziken, Bulk Up to give each moves the added power and defense needed. Brick Break, just a normal offensive and reliable fighting-type move. Earthquake to give Blaziken that extra coverage if needed. And Flamethrower, who doesnt want this move on a fire type. Just a normal offense set, may be dumb. Items are random. Help me improve him.

Focus Sash doesn't exist. You misspelled the name of an existing item (maybe Focus Band).

272.gif
@ Leftovers
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Swords Dance
- Giga Drain

Modified the normal set of Surf, Ice Beam, Rain Dance and Razor Leaf. Another move set similar to Blaziken, overall offensive set with one supporting move. Surf is there for HM uses, and is actually one of my favorite water-moves. Ice Beam is to cover the likes of flying-type, my favorite ice-type move, hands down. Swords Dance is to support Ludicolo with extra coverage when facing tougher opponents. Its worked for me in the past and it should work now. And i dont need to explain Giga Drain.

Swords Dance is useless in this moveset because Ludicolo wasn't taught any physical.

335.gif
@?
- Shadow Ball
- Strength
- Swords Dance
- Return

You'll need somebody else to obtain this Pokemon, Zangoose isn't availabe in Emerald.

Swords Dance is useless since you're not running any physical moves.

Ludicolo
~ Surf
~ Ice Beam
~ Mega Drain
~ Filler

Surf is HM and STAB, Ice Beam for coverage, and as a TM you can get more than once. Mega Drain is lvl up. (Giga Drain is TM)
It doesn't learn anything more useful pre-E4.

Why Mega Drain? You should suggest Giga Drain, it's more powerful.

I didn't understand very well what kind of help are you requesting. It was going to be a pleasure helping you out, but you need to be more clear.

Last edited: