• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rental Pokemon Strategies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I need help beating the Poke Cup (Poke', Great, Ultra, Master), Little Cup, Prime Cup, Challenge Cup (Poke', Great, Ultra, Master), Gym Leader Castle and Rival using only rental pokemon. Can you show me how to beat them using rental pokemon?

dusk456

Dark Lord
There is no way to do that if you don't cheat. Now don't ask me how to do that cause I don't know.

133tSneasel

Hi! I need help beating the Poke Cup (Poke', Great, Ultra, Master), Little Cup, Prime Cup, Challenge Cup (Poke', Great, Ultra, Master), Gym Leader Castle and Rival using only rental pokemon. Can you show me how to beat them using rental pokemon?

You are going to have to use Unevolved Pokemon, because usually the evolved ones have horrible movesets. Look at Haunter, Exeggcute, Kadabra, Graveler, and then maybe Lapras, Kangaskhan, Jynx, I think, and Electabuzz and Magmar....

Houndoomsday2

A dog in heat.
I agree. Get pokemon at their lower levels. Or form 2/3. They have more accurate moves. They might not OHKO as often as the evolved forms, but they dont miss as often either. ;)

MidnightTheMightyena

Money for nothing
There is no way to do that if you don't cheat. Now don't ask me how to do that cause I don't know.

...?!

Really? I've beaten gym leader castle before with all rental pokemon. You don't have to cheat to do it. You just have to use the right pokemon. I know I used hitmonlee, kadabra, umbreon and some others.. I want to say kangaskhan.

I've beaten all of the gym leader castle (Round 1 only though) with rentals, and it took me roughly half a decade. It's NOT easy. I've had this game since 2001 I think, and 7 years later, using only rentals, I'm still not halfway through the game. It's fiendishly difficult.

Shiny Rokon

I'm going through this game at the moment with rentals, as a bit of a challenge and it is very hard!! Rental pokemon differ from stadium to gym leader castle, the best rental pokemon have at least one attack which matches their element, complimentary moves which aren't repetitive, high accuracy moves (since lets face it the computer cheats), ones which have combo moves and also different types of moves, like more than one element. Make sure their moves suit their stats, don't go for a pokemon with lots of physical attacks and no attack stat to use them. I have done all the way up to the rival in gym leader castle round 1 with rental pokemon so far, the little cup, the challenge cup lol they pick them for you, the poke or nintendo cup up to master ball and will head to the prime cup next. Let me know what your up to (if your still doing it) and i can tell you what i used to get through it. I just finished poke cup ultra ball division using gengar, jolteon, moltres, omastar, onix and skiploom. Skiploom funnily enough saved me the most.

Bobby Emerald

The Poke-expert
Anybody gotten through Round 2 yet? I still need help with pokeball cup on that one, I've beaten everything else except challenge cup.

133tSneasel

Anybody gotten through Round 2 yet? I still need help with pokeball cup on that one, I've beaten everything else except challenge cup.

Keep reseting, eventually you'll get some good Pokemon. It took me a little while to beat it.

Status
Not open for further replies.