• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Repealing age of consent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raddaya

My Little Ponyta
The topic has changed. It is now "should the age of consent be lowered?" or "should there be an age gap law?"

To the latter, I vote yes. I also vote that the parents have nothing to do with ANY of this. Zero. Zilch. Two consenting human beings who are perfectly able to choose for themselves. No need to bring parents into it.

Clipps

Beginning Trainer
Ranqeet: You are either a kid or a teen that hasn't grown up or you are a pedo. So it's okay for a 8 year old and a 28 year old to have sex, as long as it's consentual? And parents have all saying in everything you do until you are 18.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
He was agreeing to an AGE GAP LAW. Meaning an 18-year-old won't get arrested for having sex with a girl a few years younger than him. That does NOT equal pedophilia. The age of consent law is still intact, but with exceptions.

Sadib

Time Lord Victorious
Even though this thread is a little old, I still think that this debate has lots more to be discussed. People who are under the age of consent need to be punished for having sex. If they don't, the age of consent is completely meaningless and should be repealed.

Celestial Moth

Guardian of the Tree of Time
Even though this thread is a little old, I still think that this debate has lots more to be discussed. People who are under the age of consent need to be punished for having sex. If they don't, the age of consent is completely meaningless and should be repealed.

I have to agree that if the law within anything isn't reinforced it offers very little towards those that the law was intending to be held upon.
But this is like saying that your not aloud to have sex until your 16 or whatever the age is were you live. But this is fair enuf i think, because the young people
having sex these days don't fully understand the meaning behind it, nor the possible ramifications of their actions.
For example, i no a young person who was 14 turning 15 at the time and because of the problems within her familiy (ect) she believe she was old enough for many things.
Including sex, now she had the right to do this but obviously she didn't really think things over because she actuly got pregnant and gave birth to twins,unintentionally, at the age of 15....

But with that said... I've meat people and i use to be one of these people also, that could explain things that adults couldn't conceive nor even process.
If this gets misunderstood i refer to creating thoughts or expanding upon concepts that others couldn't at a young age. So if one is underage, yet can contemplate things
that even their elders can not, then this begs questions upon the laws that restrict young people from doing things. But these restrictions or laws are their for a good reason, because if a young person who doesn't understand something yet is exposed to that thing or adult theme, its been proven that on a psychological level the being exposed to whatever it was could be impacted in a very negative way. Though obliviously if the kid is intelligent enough and has the understanding of one beyond his/her years then theirs very little that exposure can do.

I honestly feel that these laws are good. One will always have a desire to seek out or even participate in the forbidden regardless of weather that desire is fueled by the restriction itself. But these forbidden things where made by those with a higher understanding, so that people who do not understand are not harmed by things that the young people shouldn't be exposed to for logical reasons.

Profesco

gone gently
Profesco used Hi Bump Kick!

Status
Not open for further replies.