• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Replacing Ash With A New Protaganist

How many of you want Ash to be replaced?

• Total voters

deliaketchum

Given Ash has taken backseat in the recent Pokemon series. Do you wish to see this trend continue or have Ash replaced completely with new protaganist?

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
I love Gary's continuity tho. They have handled him so well and are utilising his character perfectly, showing his knowledgeable research side plus also his teasing side against Goh reminiscent of his past self but being used by him not just to bully but to push him forward
Gary is perfect continuity
Gary has been by far the best handled returning character in journeys and even in general imo.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3

UnovaMaster

The only being that is capable of replacing Ash is:

- A complete blank slate in terms of record/skill/personality, most preferably younger than Ash or outright a part of the next-generation.
- One who's more associated with Pikachu and can carry them without feeling like a total copy of Ash/Pikachu.
- One towards whom Ash will play an influential role upon and whose development is not rushed to smithereens and inconsistent.

No current introduced character fits that criteria as of present.

What silly council of criteria is this?

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
The only being that is capable of replacing Ash is:

- A complete blank slate in terms of record/skill/personality, most preferably younger than Ash or outright a part of the next-generation.
- One who's more associated with Pikachu and can carry them without feeling like a total copy of Ash/Pikachu.
- One towards whom Ash will play an influential role upon and whose development is not rushed to smithereens and inconsistent.

No current introduced character fits that criteria as of present.
*Looks at Lei* :p

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Literally the first choice I had in mind, but I didn't list it because he's not yet 10 and capable of being a trainer. The only way Ash is replaceable is if they go a Naruto-Boruto route, not necessarily with a father-son relation.
If journeys is Ash's last series I'd love the next one to be about an aged up 20 year old Ash, the world's strongest trainer and Pokémon world champion, mentoring/inspiring Lei to be the very best like his big brother. He can have a Pikachu from Alola and have it have different perspectives then a Kanto one considering they have different evolutions, maybe one Alola starter and that's it, and then he starts his journey in the newest region yet. I'd like it much better tbh. And it won't be as big a timeskip as say having Ash's hypothetical child be the next head.