• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Replacing Ash With A New Protaganist

How many of you want Ash to be replaced?

• Total voters
Yes please! I want a new protagonist (girl) who just started her journey in the new region and wants to defeat the pokémon league, and her friend (boy) wants to do contests.
I'd support this, Maybe Gen 9 Anime would make it with the female protagonist who did the feminine version of Pokemon league while the male friend would do contests.

Who would object to such idea?

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
I don't want Ash to be replaced until the series truly ends with him achieving his goal. Plus Pokemon was the first anime I ever watched when I was a kid and even though it's been 22 years and if Ash gets replaced it will really feel to me like I'm very old and the kid inside me will cease to exist. I know it will happen one day but I just don't want it to happen now so I vote for Ash to continue being the main character.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
Her dub voice, gags, dialogues and much more
Only because it bothered you with dubbing?

I like her character there, even the Polish dubbing of this character charmed me a lot.

Don't forget about Iris, 8 years ago she was the most hated character, and now fans probably like most of them, just because she helped Ash's Dragonite to have full strength to fight.

deliaketchum

Only because it bothered you with dubbing?

I like her character there, even the Polish dubbing of this character charmed me a lot.

Don't forget about Iris, 8 years ago she was the most hated character, and now fans probably like most of them, just because she helped Ash's Dragonite to have full strength to fight.
Honestly, i never liked the gag with clemont. If i remember correctly, when she asked meowth about his story, her attitude there was quite annoying. It is small thing but these things add up a lot.

I dont mind her as a main character if they change her personality.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
I dont mind her as a main character if they change her personality.
If she's going to be the main character, she won't be gagging because it's not gonna be to travel with her brother again, just because she's become a pokemon trainer and has to find new friends and travel together on her own.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
nah. I like how Ash is becoming stronger now, not just resetting after every series. I like the continuity the show is starting to have too. It might be a bit disappointed to have him sidelined, but at least he's getting better.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Nah, Hilda would be better as a new main protagonist :D
I'd rather an Original female character coz Hilda being the Main character will frankly make no sense marketing wise or production wise.
Also Ash and Serena's kid being the MC just can't happen. It's not because those who aren't a fan of amourshipping dislike it, it's because there will have to be atleast a 20 year time skip. Like Ash atleast would have to be 20 to be believable to have married someone and had a kid (as someone who's turning 19 this year that thought makes me shudder lol) and he must be 30 when his child finally begins their journey as a 10 year old.
A 20 year old timeskip isn't feasible. Remakes and all will constantly happen of old games and they will have to promote that and showcase old characters from time to time. A 20 year difference will be detrimental to that!

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
While I'd prefer Ash to stay, Journeys has warmed me up to idea that Goh could take his place as the new protagonist. I've said this before, but I can see future generations showing him traveling to new regions to catch & research newly discovered pokemon while he's accompanied by a new trainer taking on that generation's equivalent to the gym challenge. This way, Goh can still stay (somewhat) relevant while the new character(s) would fix the issue most fans had with Ash as the protagonist for so many years

Last edited: