• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Reply notification

danburite

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN
I don't know how to describe this too well, so i'll keep it short and sweet.

I find it to be an incredible pain to have to subscribe to EVERY thread I post on, just to see if someone replied to me- especially when I might not even get a reply!
Sites like www.deviantart.com manage to notify users when someone makes a reply to one of their posts, so is there a way that Serebii users could get a message (perhaps a Private Message automatically sent by the server) when someone uses the "quote" button on our posts?

I don't know how these forums are coded, so I don't know how easy it'd be, but if it's possible, it'd be an absolute godsend. :)

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
When you reply to a topic, the post icon gets a black dot on it. You don't have to subscribe to every thread you post in to remember which ones you have.

danburite

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN
When you reply to a topic, the post icon gets a black dot on it. You don't have to subscribe to every thread you post in to remember which ones you have.

Yes, but you still have to check every page to see if someone has replied to you. The black dot shows up when you've posted, and there's the open envelope icon for new replies, but that doesn't tell you if someone has specifically replied to you.
There's been many occasions when a thread i've posted on has gotten dozens of replies, but no-one is specifically saying anything to me.

NEO GOHAN

OVER NINE THOUSAAAND
these forums aren't like dA. it can't detect exactly who someone might be replying to, even if there's a quote in their post. you just have to live with it in a place this big.