• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Reputation is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asuka

Banned
What I mean is they pretty much say screw your opinion, your wrong but in a nicer way so it isn't trolling when the intent is still trolling.

For instance, after I wrote that post, I got negative rep't for whining instead of reporting it to a mod even though I was just making a general statement which wasn't about anything in particular.

"Right. Because anyone who tries to rep with "f u" is really going to get away with it if the staff find out. So instead of whining about it, why not report it to the staff so they can remove it?"

See its little things like this. I mean how hard is it to take two seconds to respond to the post or send me a message saying this instead of just neg repping me??

How hard is it to take a few seconds and report the problem to the staff? That seems to be what other people are telling you and yet you don't seem to be taking their advice. Your constant whining is why people are giving you bad rep, so maybe it's time to stop complaining about it out in the open like this?

Shymain

Shaymin Lover
@1rk Exactly! People are negging us because of their ignorance, not our faults!

@Asuka: He didn't get that rep, as he just said, he was using a general statement. You're sorta being unreasonable. And you obviously didn't read the post he quoted, because he said that he was using that as a general example.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I love how now I'm complaining by just discussing rep now. Tell me, what is the point of this thread if we can't actually mention rep in anyway shape or form?? You people really need to learn the difference between complaining and discussing.

Oh and discussing rep in the rep thread is in no way shape or form spamming.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
i think this topic has run its course. we will decide if rep is going to stay soon. if you have any CONSTRUCTIVE SUGGESTIONS in the meantime you may use the serebiiforums suggestion thread but if it devolves into more whining and/or not reading the first post like this topic you'll just get infracted there.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
added a short guide on reporting rep to the FAQ to hopefully answer some questions that people had

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
quick updates:

the rep levels have been updated. when you mouse over someone's rep bar these are the messages that will now display:

User is banished to the Distortion World (-300 and below)
User is a Team Rocket Admin (-100 and below)
User joined Team Rocket (-50 and below)
User is flailing like a Magikarp on dry land (-10 and below)
User could be a hero or villain (between -9 and 9)
User is on the road to Viridian City (10 and above)
User has a few Gym Badges (50 and above)
User is the talk of Kanto (100 and above)
User has taken down Team Rocket (200 and above)
User has awakened a legendary Pokemon (350 and above)
User has beaten the Elite Four (500 and above)
User has cleared the Battle Frontier (750 and above)
User is stronger than Red (1000 and above)
User knows more than Professor Oak (1500 and above)
User is a Pokémon and Forum Master! (2000 and above)

we also changed the rep power thresholds so you will get another rep point for every 50 reps instead of for 100

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
another "update," with the changing of power values we realized that your negging power is only half of your pozzing power (rounded up). there's no way to change this but i guess it means that overall people's reps will rise because good is more powerful than bad if you have a high score

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
another small change made

i changed the daily rep limit to 10 and the spread limit to 20. so now you can only give 10 reps per day but you also only need to give 20 reps before you can rep the same person again. the idea was to force people to use the system more, but especially in smaller subforums, it can be hard to find 40 people to give rep to period, so we changed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.