• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Requiem: A Tragedy One-Shot Contest!

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Not that I'm in charge of anything here, but I'm pretty sure the deadline for submissions is February 15th, so you still have time.

Assuming you're asking the same question I did (if not, then ignore me... XD), here's what they said:

I should just post those two chapters that made all those people cry xD but I dont think we're allowed to.

I have another idea anyways but is it okay if it is 'affiliated' with my fic? No prior knowledge of my fic is needed as it's a flashback for a future character, but he IS still a character in my fic.

Also, which person do I send the finished product to?

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
I have another idea anyways but is it okay if it is 'affiliated' with my fic? No prior knowledge of my fic is needed as it's a flashback for a future character, but he IS still a character in my fic.

Also, which person do I send the finished product to?
Should be ok, if no knowledge is needed, I'd say. Although he judges will need to clarrify that, I think it'll be ok...

And you send it to any of the judges, and they should send it to the others. There's more about it on the first page - PM's work, I'd say e-mail too.

I'm in this contest too - wasn't planning to, but when inspiration bites, and the story turns out to be tragic, and you then notice the competition... why not? Never tried tragedy before, so I can get my first 'attempt' judged!
...although when I first checked here, I *had* thought it said Jan, not Feb... silly me.

katiekitten

The Compromise
Correct, bob! We just need to be able to understand it without having read the story, which is why the fandom is limited to mainly Pokemon, Digimon and others - because not all of us read/watch the same things and wouldn't know what's going on. :)

And Bob we'd love to have your entry! *hugs and cookies*

MW, (Or MD, now~) Nice name change! :3

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
What is with everyone changing names?
Anyway, I've submitted it to Sike Saner already. :) That was a lot of editing there...

Bay

YEAHHHHHHH
What is with everyone changing names?

Haha, I know! o_O

Anyways...I think I have to withdrawal this contest. :( Midterms are coming and I have to focus on those. Also, I'll most likely be busy doing other work/university stuff (like reapplying for financial aid). I would have worked on my entry during my winter break but then decided my original idea wasn't going to work (wasn't able to kink out the plot holes I said earilier). I then have another idea I could use, but I don't think I'll be able to finish it on time because of my busy schedule. >.>

However, I look forward reading the entries when they are posted :)

Last edited:

Araleon

Chill
Hi, I'm Araleon, and I'm new to actually writing a fanfc, or one-shot. Do not take that into account if I'm allowed to enter. Speaking of which, am I allowed to enter. I have an entry about half way done. Thanks!

Araleon

Last edited:

Saffire Persian

Now you see me...
Hi, I'm Araleon, and I'm new to actually writing a fanfc, or one-shot. Do not take that into account if I'm allowed to enter. Speaking of which, am I allowed to enter. I have an entry about half way done. Thanks!

Araleon

Yes, you're allowed to enter. Anyone who wishes to is.

Griff: As long as you like. There's no limit. However, there is such a thing as going overboard. Make it as long as you need to get a story done.

Brian Random

I WAS FROZEN TODAY!!
I sent in my entry... although, I don't know if I'm going to win this... I don't think this is my best work... this could possibly my worst work... and the worst thing is... *pretends to be really emotional* I don't know how to read! ToT *suddenly stops being hysterical, acts normal again* Heck bless the world. ^^

duncan

Well, originally I had no plans for entering (like I don't have enough fics going on right now), but for some reason an idea popped into my head and I went with it. So yes, I'm entering and should have mine submitted in the next day or so, or however long it takes to edit it right. Good luck to everyone else, BTW, and I look forward to reading everyone elses.

Jean de Kotennoh.

Toujours en écrivant
Random note - I'm withdrawing my name from the entry. What with my current fic, planning for another to be released sometime towards the end of February, my habit of devoting WAY too much to Reviews, and to top it all off, S-C-H-O-O-L (also known as the Ninth Circle of Hell >_<), I'm simply not going to be able to swing a well-written tragedy. And I've never written a one-shot before, and it was very slow going, so it's probably for the best. Less stress for me.

And such a terrible loss for you poor judges. [/blatant sarcasm]

Anyways, maybe some other time, eh? Good luck to those who have managed to stick with it!

~Jean

katiekitten

The Compromise
If you've got an idea, go ahead and go through with it! *hugs*

...Guess what time it is!

It's the 'Competition-is-ending-in-little-over-a-week-where-on-earth-are-our-entries?' Post. x3

So far, the entrants are:

Bobandbill
Brian Powell
Duncan
Luphinid Silnaek
Saphira_Thorn

Lots of luck and cookies to them. x3

You others, though... *breathes in*

Get writing, ya scabbard sea dogs! *pummels with cookies*

x3 Best of luck.

Last edited:

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
I would like to enter! I haven't written fanfiction in ages, but I might submit an old one shot of mine
Will it still count for the contest even though I put it on SPPF like a year and a half ago? I highly doubt anyone remembers it

purple_drake

E/GL obsessed
My fic's been done for quite a while too, mostly it's been held back for betaing reasons. ^^ Dun worry, it'll get in.

It's kinda... long, though. ^.^;;; I seriously didn't think it'd end up being as long as it is. Sorry!

Saffire Persian

Now you see me...
I would like to enter! I haven't written fanfiction in ages, but I might submit an old one shot of mine
Will it still count for the contest even though I put it on SPPF like a year and a half ago? I highly doubt anyone remembers it

Umm.. I don't think we could accept that, it wouldn't be fair to the other entrants, so I'm going to say no. The other judges can comment about their preference on the matter, though. Still, you're perfectly free to write a new one.

Ejunknown

be creative
...I've started writing it again, I'll give it a hard slog and see how it goes. I should have it in for the deadline. Dear gawd, it takes me forever to write such little amounts. XD; It's kind of... odd, and probably over dramatic and waaay too fast moving/confusing, but I'll try to improve it in the editing. XD; *gets to work*