• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Requiem: A Tragedy One-Shot Contest!

Brian Random

I WAS FROZEN TODAY!!
It's a good thing that the deadline has been extended because it gives a chance for others to make their work better. Me? Even though it gives me time to improve, I don't think I can... for the time being anyway. Good luck to you guys.

Ejunknown

be creative
...I have two different tragedy one shots started, but not finished. XD I would be shot by the judges if I try to splice the two (as they are both completely urelated, how like me. XD), so I'll try to pick one. XD *scuttles off*

Last edited:

katiekitten

The Compromise
*rolls shoulders* Deadline is tomorrow! Let me see those entries, entries needed. xD; Thanks goes to everyone who has entered so far! *hands out cookies*

As for those who haven't... *prepares cookie gun*

I'm not staying up all night reviewing these things for nothing. xP

Last edited:

Ampris

Slip slidin'
Hi there. I'm just here to say that I'm very sorry, but it looks like I'll have to drop out of the contest. I had planned on using these last few pre-deadline days to their fullest and get my story finished and semi-polished, but something has come up and I won't be able to finish. I really am sorry, and very disappointed that I won't be able to compete in yet ANOTHER contest, but I just can't help it. Sorry. =(

*bows out*

purple_drake

E/GL obsessed
Okay, so I've finished and sent my entry on to Sike Saner--and it really is official this, time. Honest! ^.^;;

Only, it occurred to me while I was prepping it that I was automatically assuming that the contest would cover both angst and tragedy, since they're under the same umbrella... except that nowhere does this thread mention 'angst'. My entry, I think, is more angsty than tragic... although there is tragedy involved... I mean, it's the tragedy which causes the angst, so...

Uhm. Yeah. ^.^;; Guess I was just wondering--would I get marked down for that?

EDIT: So I just looked 'em both up in the dictionary, and apparently my fic is more tragic than angsty, according to the definitions in there. o_O Go figure.

N'ways. ^.^;; G'luck, everyone!

Last edited:

purple_drake

E/GL obsessed
ACK, I just realized! Is it tomorrow at midnight the deadline, or did I already pass it? o_o Oh god, I finished my one-shot but I was editing thinking the deadline was tomorrow! x-x

Well, no one's said anything about the contest being over yet, so one would assume that it's not. Although I had the same thought, which is why I sent mine in a day early, just in case. XD

Saffire Persian

Now you see me...
ACK, I just realized! Is it tomorrow at midnight the deadline, or did I already pass it? o_o Oh god, I finished my one-shot but I was editing thinking the deadline was tomorrow! x-x

Go ahead and turn it in late tomorrow. I'd rather have an edited draft of a one-shot than a rough. I don't think any of the judges will argue with me, here.

Psychic

Really and truly
Yeah; I am VERY confused about the deadline here, and went in thinking I had an extra day when purple_drake reminded me that masterwannabe is Australian like her, and their time zone is really different from those in the Americas. So thanks to me not taking that into account (as well as changing my story for the fifth time XD) I'm still rushing to finish it up and get all the editing done. Oh, and decide on the character's last name already. XD

Also, big thanks goes to Sike for trying to help me, but not knowing herself when the deadline is. I give her props for trying. Also, lemonade.

~Psychic

Draco Malfoy

-REaction
Well, I said GMT.

Just use one of those clocks on the internet. Go to Google or some other search engine and type in "GMT Time and Date" and you should get a gage on the current GMT time and date. XD

As of this post, the current GMT time/date is the 6:18 A.M., 25th of February.

So the dead line is approximately 18 hours from this post so there. XP

Hope that cleared up some confusion.

Last edited:

Burnt Flower

Horror Mistress
I submitted my entry! WOO-HOO! I'm really happy because this is the first real one-shot contest I have participated in; I haven't written anything for the longest time. :p

And damn, I still feel oddly stupid about the whole GMT confusion. XD

Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:

Ejunknown

be creative
...I thought it ended at midnight GMT of the 25th. *headesk* I'll try to get it to you as soon as possible today, although it seems it's going to be late either way. XD;

Edit: Aaaand I was confused? Never mind, I'll get it in by midnight GMT. XD

Last edited:

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
Well, it looks like I'll have to withdraw from this contest. I thought I could finish a fic in time, but I guess I just couldn't come up with a good tragedy story without a chaptered fanfic to set up a story to be hit by the tragedy. ^_^;

Anyhow, even though I couldn't finish, thanks a lot judges for extending the deadline! I appreciated that. :)

I don't mean to rush things, but does anyone know when the next one-shot contest will come around? I'll probably give it that one a shot.

Draco Malfoy

-REaction
Should have done this earlier. 'Scuse me.)

Dead Line is now CLOSED.

All entries sent in before this post are Accepted. All others are NOT.

Here's the list of entrants BTW:

Psychic
purple_drake
Brian Powell
duncan
elyvorg
Saphira_Thorn
Burnt Flower
Griff4815
Luphinid Silnaek
.Bright Side.
bobandbill

If you're not on the list when you swear you sent your entry in via PM or likewise, then give us a holler using the thread. Same applies if due to some wacko messed-up confusion, you're on the list when you're not meant to be. XP

katiekitten

The Compromise
One final entry is just getting sent in, it was submitted via livejournal last night due to forum lag. So add Ejunknown to the list. x3

Saffire Persian

Now you see me...
One final entry is just getting sent in, it was submitted via livejournal last night due to forum lag. So add Ejunknown to the list. x3

Yeah, it was, MWB. So add Ejunknown to the list.

Burnt Flower

Horror Mistress
I have a question about how the fics will be reviewed. Will the reviewig system have the same categories like the Pokemon Battle one-shot contest like Ideas/Plot, Description, Character, Layout, Spelling/Grammar, Entertainment, etc? Or will it be entirely different?

katiekitten

The Compromise
...I think it depends on the reviewer. We haven't decided on a set way to review, us doing it individually for the most part. I know mine was going to be different, but as I've only reviewed one so far I can incorporate that with the rest. :3

Draco Malfoy

-REaction
Burnt Flower: Each judge does their own thang. As simple as that. XD No uniform judging system is needed because I trust the other judges enough to give them the individual right to do their own judging their own way, with fairness and no nepotistic bias.

And with the Eju thing, I contacted the other judges about that. I have a few qualms with it being too short. It doesn't reach over two pages unless I use a mega big font. O.O;; This isn't a vignette contest but a one-shot contest. I wasn't asking for much - just over two pages. One-shots aren't that short. I know the rule is lenient but I am a little bit fussy about that kind of thing.

Araleon

Chill
I sent my story to Sapphire Persian I think, I know I sent it in, but my name wasn't on the list.

Araleon