• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Research Projects on Poni Island! Find the Island Kahuna!! (1047)

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
You rather we discuss daikon radishes or something.
Nah, just the actual episode. I've got no idea what the context is of half of the things in your post, but I do know that Charizard has nothing to do with this episode and that Ash already realised at the beginning of the episode that Poni's Nurse Joy wasn't the same Nurse Joy as the one from either Akala or Melemele.

I'll just throw in something else. I liked the bit of continuity with the main character's pokémon liking or disliking the radishes. The ones that liked it early on in the episode when they first tried it were the same ones who were also eating them at the end of the episode when everyone was having dinner, while the pokémon that didn't all ate berries instead.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Nah, just the actual episode. I've got no idea what the context is of half of the things in your post, but I do know that Charizard has nothing to do with this episode and that Ash already realised at the beginning of the episode that Poni's Nurse Joy wasn't the same Nurse Joy as the one from either Akala or Melemele.
Yes, he realized that...now, not before when he met Akala's Nurse Joy and was surprised she looked the same as the Melemele's Nurse Joy.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Hapu, dearie, how about you actually let Ash and his friends speak before screaming at them about being thieves and attacking them

No?

We gotta do this the stupid way and lower the intelligence of everyone involved?

I mean, I get that Alola sucks the IQ out of people in it to sustain itself, but come on...

Lol love it twilight!

p96822

Evolve me please
thinking about it, I still feel like Ash and Hapu conflict is kind of force and I think the writers could have come up with another way of her thinking of Ash was a radish thief

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Hapu, dearie, how about you actually let Ash and his friends speak before screaming at them about being thieves and attacking them

No?

We gotta do this the stupid way and lower the intelligence of everyone involved?

I mean, I get that Alola sucks the IQ out of people in it to sustain itself, but come on...
Ok this actually got me lol. Bothers me how she’s still a respectful character in game (to the MC & Lillie at least) but here she’s assumes the worst.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Ok this actually got me lol. Bothers me how she’s still a respectful character in game (to the MC & Lillie at least) but here she’s assumes the worst.

Because in the games, Hapu met you and Lillie before you gone to Poni Island. She kind of knows you and knows you won't cause trouble.

In the anime however, they are all strangers to her and will be treated like strangers she want's gone!

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
thinking about it, I still feel like Ash and Hapu conflict is kind of force and I think the writers could have come up with another way of her thinking of Ash was a radish thief

What's wrong with a farmer being mad that someone stole their crops? It's literally their livelihood.

Ignition

Because in the games, Hapu met you and Lillie before you gone to Poni Island. She kind of knows you and knows you won't cause trouble.

In the anime however, they are all strangers to her and will be treated like strangers she want's gone!
Yeah but she didn’t know you on Akala yet she didn’t assume the worst. Even then she still could’ve been respectful

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Yeah but she didn’t know you on Akala yet she didn’t assume the worst. Even then she still could’ve been respectful

True, but try having your yard raided, having your stuff stolen then have visitors trespassing on your property while you are trying to figure that out.

Obviously you wouldn't talk about this to strangers or give signs about it when you are away from home. But when you are at home, assuming the worst is the better option most of the time! *Cocks gun as I watch the grass grow.*

Ignition

True, but try having your yard raided, having your stuff stolen then have visitors trespassing on your property while you are trying to figure that out.

Obviously you wouldn't talk about this to strangers or give signs about it when you are away from home. But when you are at home, assuming the worst is the better option most of the time! *Cocks gun as I watch the grass grow.*
I totally understand the notion because I’d probably do something similar. I’m just not a fan of how they made her stick to just Poni and be ignorant to anything/anyone outside instead of traveling around in her own version of the Island Challenge like the games

AuraGuardian448

Aura Guardian
Pikachu taking another lost not too long after its against Zerora triggered me a bit. Pikachu had been on its longest and most impressive undefeated streak (that experience consistency) this generation compared to the last few for a while, up until Zeraora. I passed that off, for reasons, but then it takes another lost not too long after that fight. Sure Golurk is a ground and ghost type (not like Pikachu hasn't done well against types its weak against—see Excadrill), and it was better than to lose in a trial, but I'd rather have let Torracat or Rowlett lose that one. I've just really been lauding this generation for Pikachu's portrayal (having exceeded that of even XY&Z, easily too), outside its battles with Mimikyu and Tapu koko (not like Pikachu lost official battles to them, interruptions and all) but especially with its short-term performance against Buzzwole, but another lost not too long after its previous is worrying me.

Of course that's not what the whole episode is about, and that's not all I have to say about the episode, but that's just what I wanted to say, considering Pikachu's depiction this generation.

Vipsoccermaster

A fine episode. Current personalities of Hapu and Ash were just wrong here, especially for an introduction for Hapu. Plumeria was just there to tease us. So we'll get into the exciting parts for the research projects...they'll need to pass and ace them to graduate from the Pokémon School. Team Skull's antics at the end were just as hilarious as other encounters with them. They're the real Poni Island Radish thieves.

But I would not want to taste the raidishs, as they are said to be spicy. Too spicy. Just look at Pikachu and Popplio.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Am I the only who thinks Hapu sounds like Georgia?