1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Research Reward - Encounter

Discussion in 'Pokemon GO Discussion' started by Vroomer, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Vroomer

Vroomer Well-Known Member

Day 1 I got “Visit 3 new Pokestops.” The encounter reward was Ponyta. Looking on Reddit, everyone with that Research got that same encounter reward.

My encounter reward for today’s “Battle in a gym” was Mankey.

Two days ago, I had “catch 3 bug Pokémon” as my research two times. One had an encounter reward, one had an item. Caught 3 bugs, got 2 rewards.

Anyway. What have you all encountered with your rewards for research?

2. Playful Latios

Playful Latios @Soul Dew

I have found Magmar, Ponyta, Voltorb, Doduo, and Pinsir. At least they are guaranteed to have at least a 10 for each of the IVs.

3. Sprinter1988

Sprinter1988 Well-Known Member

I have encountered Doduo, Grimer, Electabuzz, Pinsir, Magmar, Ponyta and two Houndour. It's actually the first time I've obtained a Grimer through any means other than hatching one from an egg, and the first time I've caught either Doduo or Pinsir for at least a year.

4. Pluski

Pluski Well-Known Member

I have encountered Ninetales, Ponyta, Pikachu and two Numel through research rewards so far. I'm very happy with Numel, as I've never found one before.

5. Erron Black

Erron Black The Pretender

There's an actual list of everything you can find from Researches atm. Not sure if they will ever change or rotate but I hope they do.

For example "Catch 3 fire, grass, or ground types" is always a Numel encounter. "Battle in a Gym" Can be Mankey or Houndour iirc. "Catch 3 Poison types" can be Grimer, Gastly, or Bulbasaur. There's a bunch of others as well that I can't list off the top of my head though.

6. Vroomer

Vroomer Well-Known Member

Visit 3 new stops - encounter - Ponyta
    Visit 6 new stops - encounter - Aerodactyl
    Hatch 5 eggs - encounter - Chansey
    Catch a Dragon type - encounter - unknown
    Catch 5 flying type - encounter - unknown

I’ll update when I get the rewards.

Last edited: May 12, 2018