• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Research Reward - Encounter

Vroomer

Day 1 I got “Visit 3 new Pokestops.” The encounter reward was Ponyta. Looking on Reddit, everyone with that Research got that same encounter reward.

My encounter reward for today’s “Battle in a gym” was Mankey.

Two days ago, I had “catch 3 bug Pokémon” as my research two times. One had an encounter reward, one had an item. Caught 3 bugs, got 2 rewards.

Anyway. What have you all encountered with your rewards for research?

Sprinter1988

I have encountered Doduo, Grimer, Electabuzz, Pinsir, Magmar, Ponyta and two Houndour. It's actually the first time I've obtained a Grimer through any means other than hatching one from an egg, and the first time I've caught either Doduo or Pinsir for at least a year.

Pluski

I have encountered Ninetales, Ponyta, Pikachu and two Numel through research rewards so far. I'm very happy with Numel, as I've never found one before.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
There's an actual list of everything you can find from Researches atm. Not sure if they will ever change or rotate but I hope they do.

For example "Catch 3 fire, grass, or ground types" is always a Numel encounter. "Battle in a Gym" Can be Mankey or Houndour iirc. "Catch 3 Poison types" can be Grimer, Gastly, or Bulbasaur. There's a bunch of others as well that I can't list off the top of my head though.

Vroomer

Visit 3 new stops - encounter - Ponyta
Visit 6 new stops - encounter - Aerodactyl
Hatch 5 eggs - encounter - Chansey
Catch a Dragon type - encounter - unknown
Catch 5 flying type - encounter - unknown

I’ll update when I get the rewards.

Last edited: