• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Reshiram or Zekrom?

Reshiram or Zekrom?

• Reshiram

Votes: 32 50.8%
  • Zekrom

Votes: 27 42.9%
  • Kyurem

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Although I like both and the story behind them (and the fact N used one of them, depending on the version you played), Reshiram stands out a little more to me. It was also the box legendary that I chose (I played Black and its sequel, though the dragon duo weren't the mascots of B2/W2).

FloatzieDPPT

playing Version X
Although I like both and the story behind them (and the fact N used one of them, depending on the version you played), Reshiram stands out a little more to me. It was also the box legendary that I chose (I played Black and its sequel, though the dragon duo weren't the mascots of B2/W2).
Like Zekrom is cool and all but it feels really edgy tbh. I do remember the first episode of the BW anime when Zekrom messed pikachu up.

The older I got, the more i liked Reshiram and less i liked Zekrom.

Both designs are great though and are my favorite box-art legendaries.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Reshiram is the superior choice.
reshiram because it's elegant, majestic and white.
brooo racism is bad
don’t be racist :))

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
(My country was exploited by the british for 200 years. How could i possibly be racist? Lmao)
yeeaaahhhh that was a pretty sucky time

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Like I like them both for different reasons (and also together because of how they contrast each other), but like with the Mega Charizards, even though I do like 'em both, I can easily "pick" one over the other, and in this case it's Zekrom.

I'm a sucker for Zekrom's design. While some might find it edgy, I absolutely love the sharpness of its design, making it look "mechanical" without actually being mechanical, most obviously with its tail looking like a generator but not completely. Even further proven with its black with "blue lines" color scheme when it glows, evoking "Tron lines". Basically it looks "sci-fi"/"futuristic", something Zekrom is associated with what with Black City and the White(?)/Black 2 version of Opelucid City.

Another one of the details I like is how it looks like it has big hands but it actually also has small claw hands just like Reshiram.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Zekrom, TheCharredDragon covered it well but I like how it does the mecha look and without going too far with it and I love the little nods and details it has to man-made power and thunderstorms. The color contrast with the deep black body with blue lightning was also a nice touch as blue is rarely used with Electric Types and it makes it pop out more. Another thing I'll point out about that is I love the sprite work with it, Reshiram also has a really solid sprite animation but Zekrom's I like more because the way it's designed reminds me of a thunderstorm:

Spr_5b_644.png

The blue highlighting that deep black is like lightning across a dark stormy sky to me. It's so visually catching and as a meteorology fan I just adore it.

I love both of these two though, great designs and concepts all around and one of my favorite set of Cover Legendaries in the franchise.

Akashin

Both of them are among my favorite Legendaries, easily, but Zekrom takes it for me. I don't have anything of note to add that haven't already been covered by TheCharredDragon and Taodragon, but its design really captures the theme of the games to me.

I'll take White Kyurem over Black Kyurem anyday, though.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I prefer Zekrom over Reshiram, although Reshiram still looks great, regardless. I simply find Zekrom's design and type combination to be more exotic and interesting.

treatyofversigh

I’ve always preferred Reshiram. I like how it looks a little fluffy but also pretty. I like Zekrom fine, but I’m not usually into the more mecha/modern-ish style. Plus, I played Black first, so Reshiram was my first box legend for gen 5 :)