• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Reshiram or Zekrom?

Reshiram or Zekrom?

• Reshiram

Votes: 32 50.8%
  • Zekrom

Votes: 27 42.9%
  • Kyurem

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I like all three when they are separated but when it comes to Black or White Kyurem in battle, I have to choose White because I enjoy Ice Burn’s animation more than Freeze Shock and like how it causes the Burn Status and I find there are far too many moves that can cause Paralysis. Look wise I like Black Kyurem more for its sleeker design.

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
If it's going to be between Reshiram and Zekrom, I'm going with Zeke here. Zekrom puts his power to great use, and is different enough from Kyurem-B that Zekrom stays in ubers, while Kyurem-B terrorizes OU.

Reshiram, on the other hand, doesn't really have enough to make it great compared to the other Fire Ubers. It doesn't have Stealth Rock weakness, yes, but it gets absolutely nailed by the universally used Earthquake. In addition, the arrival of Kyurem-W hammered the nail on Reshiram's coffin. A dragon-type that can use his signature move as well as nail Water-resists would make Kyurem-W the more often used choice compared to Reshiram.

If we include Kyurem into the trio competition...I still say I have to pick up Zekrom. Kyurem-W's Freeze Dry is good for dealing with Water Types, but it really is only Zekrom that can regularly deal with King Kyogre.

As for aesthetics, I suppose I will go with Reshiram, who has a more consistent white color all throughout. That makes his shiny golden rings all the more standout better, compared to his brother "What do you mean you're shiny?!" Zekrom who only gets a different shade of black somewhere (...is that even possible?) and tiny, hard to see change of his head tip going from blue to green.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Reshiram is my personal fave of them, and further helping was my experience of getting a perfect nature (Modest) on the first Reshiram I ever caught in Black.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Zekrom for me. White Kyrem afterwards.

I just love the design. White Kyurem also looks fierce as hell. Everytime I see a regular Reshiram I just want to smack it on the snout. Black Kyurem just looks wonky to me with the unnecessary goatee..

Yeah, I'm like that..

(My country was exploited by the british for 200 years. How could i possibly be racist? Lmao)

Sorry in advance if this sounds harsh. I'm not saying you're racist, but in EXAMPLE the idea of still holding some grudge (however minor) against generic British people today, then that actually is somewhat racist. None, -well, maybe not none, looking at you Lizzie- of the current British have ever done anything that still has directly to do with that time period or at least the choices that were made then by the upper echelon's of the British Court.

Everytime a person of color says 'you white people did this and that' or anything along those lines, then that is racism. People from my country did horrible things in the 1600s.. I'm Dutch, I know that part of our history is like one of the least particular things to be able to be proud of. Things that were very much racist and those actions are -very obviously- to be condemned. That some of that still has an effect on society today is something I won't deny, but I personally should never be held accountable for those historic actions from literally centuries ago. Especially when through my own actions it is clear that I embrace equality.

I'm never going to look at a person of color and think lesser of him, so then why should I be okay with still being seen as this embodiment of the historic 'Colonizer'.

Also, I'm not saying that you can't own your own history however bleak or dark. Knowledge of ones history makes you stronger, wiser. Having black history month matters, having varied representation in the media we consume matters, shitting on the Oscars for being too white matters.. But then again.. if everything was as it should be, then we wouldn't need black history month as it should be just part of the regular curriculum and we shouldn't need a BET-awards since people of color should be already fairly represented in the regular award ceremonies as well. But yeah.

Rant over?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Honestly, I like both of them. They're both pretty cool Legendary Pokemon. I do think Reshiram is prettier than Zekrom, but I can't say I like one more than the other because I'm fond of both of them.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I like Reshiram's more elegant and furry look. In Omega Ruby i also found it's Turboblaze ability and Fire Moves are great counters against
Sturdy abilities in certain battles such as Steven's Skarmory and his Aggron too.

I always keep Reshiram on my team just for to get rid of pesky Skarmory as soon as possible so he can't lay heal it so often after it's injured after it's done using toxic or spikes.

Last edited:

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
Reshiram has the better design, and personally, I'm more about truth than ideals, but I still like Zekrom more because of its typing.

Ryker101

Zekrom baby. I started with black and I was kinda upset when I realised I couldn’t catch it lol

The black and electric blue look sick when activated, its red eyes are also so menacing. Electric is also a cooler second type than fire imo, although dragon/fire synergise really well. Zekrom’s also better in ubers. I miss its 2D sprite tho, it looked sharper than its 3D model imo

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
Zekrom baby. I started with black and I was kinda upset when I realised I couldn’t catch it lol
Hahaha my man wasn’t the Reshiram on the box art kinda hinting towards which of the legendary dragons you’re going to catch in the game? :p