• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Resh's graphics

I just started making art on the computer about two days ago on gimp and I decided to post here to see what other people think. So enjoy looking and them and any advice that could help me improve is appreciated :)

Resh.png

Dark.png

Mine.png

reach-2.png

giratina.png

Last edited:
THESE ARE AWESOME! that is amazing, especially if you have only been doing it for 2 days! i really like them!

lucarioisawesome

Who did this to me!
pretty good.
The darkrai banner was a little too smudged though. Try adding gradiants in your backround like the lugia banner. The darkrai banner was to "simple" you could've added a spider web to make it spookier like this:
iaza12144389718600.png
. Also dont try to smudge everything ok? :D.
Sorry if it was to harsh but this is my first time helping ppl make banners. I also do my banners on GIMP so if you need any help ask me or kyogreblue3.

Last edited:
pretty good.
The darkrai banner was a little too smudged though. Try adding gradiants in your backround like the lugia banner. The darkrai banner was to "simple" you could've added a spider web to make it spookier like this:
iaza12144389718600.png
. Also dont try to smudge everything ok? :D.
Sorry if it was to harsh but this is my first time helping ppl make banners. I also do my banners on GIMP so if you need any help ask me or kyogreblue3.

Dont worry I can take criticism and thanks for the advice the Darkrai one was the first one I did so I didnt expect it to be popular :)

kyogreblue3

take a byte
I just started making art on the computer about two days ago on gimp and I decided to post here to see what other people think. So enjoy looking and them and any advice that could help me improve is appreciated :)

Resh.png

Dark.png

They're great for your first try ^_^
My first tries were HIDEOUS, I tell you. But I've gotten MUCH better xD

Lugia Banner
Lugia could've been a bit lower, down from the light in the upper right corner. The good this is, though, that you've got the whole lighting thing pretty good LOL.
The text could've been lower, too

The darkrai banner was a little too smudged though. Try adding gradiants in your backround like the lugia banner. The darkrai banner was to "simple"
if you need any help ask me or kyogreblue3.

IMO, the darkrai banner was great.
Smudging fit well on that one, but you could've smudged a LITTLE less.

Request.png

Request thing that I made I think I over brushed :eek:

Text is hard to read :/
Plus, the light in the bottom is a bit too overwhelming.
Try experimenting with the Burn/Dodge tool. It can make parts of your banners lighter or darker.
The background is great, though ^_^

I'll be posting a GIMP tut in the tuts thread soon, you GIMP users can expect it

They're great for your first try ^_^
My first tries were HIDEOUS, I tell you. But I've gotten MUCH better xD

Lugia Banner
Lugia could've been a bit lower, down from the light in the upper right corner. The good this is, though, that you've got the whole lighting thing pretty good LOL.
The text could've been lower, too

IMO, the darkrai banner was great.
Smudging fit well on that one, but you could've smudged a LITTLE less.

Text is hard to read :/
Plus, the light in the bottom is a bit too overwhelming.
Try experimenting with the Burn/Dodge tool. It can make parts of your banners lighter or darker.
The background is great, though ^_^

I'll be posting a GIMP tut in the tuts thread soon, you GIMP users can expect it

Thanks for the advice KB3 and I look forward too the tutorial :)

~Light

These banners look pretty good for a beginner !

( much better then other banners I've seen xD )

But you're trying to blend in the image a little too much into the banner. You can lower the opacity and use the eraser tool a little, but you're doing it too much.

The text isn't very readable in your banners, so I'd recommend making some banners without text first :)

And I really like the Darkrai banner but reading the blurry text actually hurts my eyes xD. Try making a version without the blurry text :)

If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask them :)

lucarioisawesome

Who did this to me!
These banners look pretty good for a beginner !

( much better then other banners I've seen xD )

But you're trying to blend in the image a little too much into the banner. You can lower the opacity and use the eraser tool a little, but you're doing it too much.

The text isn't very readable in your banners, so I'd recommend making some banners without text first :)

And I really like the Darkrai banner but reading the blurry text actually hurts my eyes xD. Try making a version without the blurry text :)

If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask them :)

Mine? Ya i agree. Try a simple banner then move on to more complicated ones ok? Also download some brushes and more text. Try to find C4D's on the internet to make your banners "pop-out." These banners need a special thing that says Resh MADE THIS!!! Keep working on them and someday you can be a master like me and you'll keep on being better.
Also i suck at these things.

~Light

Yours need a lot of work but you're starting to make progress. My banners weren't a lot better then yours when I first learned Photoshop 4 years ago. Everyone has to begin somewhere, some are better then others at the beginning. Also, not all banners need C4D's. I actually rarely use them, since they don't fit smudge banners that much imo.

Another comment for LugiaResh: Don't use the (c) LugiaResh stuff. I never use it on my banners since I find it distracting.