1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Resident Evil Series

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Acerola, Jun 25, 2018.

?

What was your first Resident Evil game?

1. Resident Evil 0

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Resident Evil 1

50.0%
  3. Resident Evil 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Resident Evil 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Resident Evil 4

50.0%
  6. Resident Evil 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Resident Evil 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Resident Evil 7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Acerola

Acerola ::A Smitten Kitten With One Mitten::

Hello!
    Anyone else here into the Resident Evil series?
    I've played most of them, my first one was RE4 on my gamecube, and I've been hooked since!
    I've played: RE0, RE1, RE2, RE3, RE4, RE5 and a bit of RE: Code Veronica X.

I own RE6+Revelations 1 & 2, but have yet to officially play though them :c

(I really hope they add the RE2 Remake to steam! I'd love to play it one day!)

2. Delibird

Delibird Well-Known Member

I'm a big fan. So yeah, I'm very devoted to the franchise. I do think that it has went downhill quite a bit since it started back in the 90's, due to the change in what gaming fans enjoy.

I'd say the best one is the remake of the original, because it kept everything from the original, but Capcom added in better graphics, a new monster and improved the otherwise bad, cheesy dialogue.

By the way, I recently posted this thread.

https://forums.serebii.net/threads/what-do-you-think-of-the-resident-evil-2-remake.662846/

3. koolaidude121

koolaidude121 Member

Frankly, I haven't played the other RE games myself; only RE 7 and I did have a good time. In fact I'm attempting to 100% it or at least complete it on madhouse difficulty. I'm looking forward to the RE 2 remake though!

4. Delibird

To me, 7 was nothing like the others. I think calling it RE was odd too, as it really didn't have much at all to do with the rest of the series. Besides Umbrella...

5. Silent_Jay

Silent_Jay Well-Known Member

I've only played and completed Resident Evil: Directors Cut, 2, 3: Nemesis, Code Veronica X, and 4 on the original PlayStation and PS2. I've had 5 when I did have a PS3 but never finished it. I've not really played anything from the franchise since due to a lack of home console. When I was following the franchise though I did very much enjoy it. Especially the first one that still to this day gets me jumping at certain times.

Whaaaaat? Bad?? It was AMAZING!

(haha)

6. Delibird

I decided to watch the Jake and Sherry campaign from 6 this morning. I'm still not a huge fan of 6 and all the action heavy sequels we've had, but it's still a good game in general.

I'm looking forward to the remake of 2 (but I'm rightfully treating it as just a re-imagining). Hopefully at some point down the road, Capcom will make proper sequels again and not just remakes, or whatever. They've not been making the best business decisions in the recent past with all of these bland tie-in games.