• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Resistances

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
Team build around the great resistances of the pokemon. Featuring Pert-Nite-Tran triangle, Cele-Tran combo aswell as all the resistances of TTar and Scizor. Proofs no all out walls like bliss/cress/dusk/hippo/skarm/gliscor/weezing are needed.

[img139]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y114/Encyclopika/Scizor.jpg[/img139]
Scizor@Choiceband
Trait: Technican
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Sp.atk)
252 Atk / 240 HP / 16 Sp.def
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Quick Attack

Not only does this pokemon look really cool, it has probably been the most useful one in the team so far. Usually spamming really strong u-turns, killing gengars and picking up weak pokemon in late game.

[img139]http://mediaprovider.kennisnet.nl/MediaProvider/s200/130103.jpeg[/img139]
Tentacruel@Leftovers
Trait: Liquid Ooze
Calm Nature (+sp.def, -atk)
204 HP / 172 SpDef / 96 Sp.Atk / 36 Speed
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Rapid Spin / Knock Off
- Toxic Spikes

Bog Bog Bog Standard. Helps the team against Infernape.

[img139]http://mat-t.chez-alice.fr/images/dragonite.gif[/img139]
Dragonite@Leftovers
Trait: Inner Focus
Impish Nature (+Def, -Sp.atk)
244 HP / 176 Defense / 88 Sp.def
- Dragon Claw
- Roost
- T-wave / Toxic
- Light Screen

Supportive Nite is very bulky and helps out with it's EQ immunity, fighting resist can double screens with celebi, helps me out with non hp ice Infernape aswell. Edit: took Steadfast's evs.

[img139]http://www.arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/heatran.png[/img139]
Heatran@Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire (IV: 23 Atk, 30 Sp.Atk)
Modest Nature (+Sp.Atk, -Atk)
124 Sp.Atk / 228 Speed / 118 HP / 40 Sp.def
- Metal Sound
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- HP [Electric:70]

Metal Sound Heatran is cool, forces switches and can beat Bliss and Cresselia with relative ease. Speed evs to get 222 which outspeeds Adamnt TTars. HP electric is to hurt Gyarados/vaporeon/starmie/milotic switch ins.

[img139]http://www.pokezorworld.com/anime/images/Celebi.gif[/img139]
Celebi@Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Speed
- Leech Seed
- Grass Knot
- Recover
- Stealth Rock / Reflect

Bog standard aswell except for Reflect+Calm which gives double screens with Nite. Stops Gyarados, Breloom and force switches by spamming leech seed.

[img139]http://www.arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/tyranitar.png[/img139]
Tyranitar@Leftovers
Trait: Sandstream
Careful Nature (+sp.def, -sp.atk)
252 HP / 200 Sp.def / 56 Atk
- Rest
- Sleeptalk
- Crunch
- Earthquake / Brick break

Takes status, walls really well on the special site, stops things like Heatran and Raikou with ease. The team also doesn't mind it's Sandstream at all. EQ is more powerful but brick break gives a non-resist combination with crunch.

Last edited:

Danbaru's

Steadfast. I do.
A simple 244 HP/ 176 Def/ 88 SDef Impish. Mandatory Ape weak.

Above poster needs to post something more constructive, i.e. post what EVs he/ she believes would be superior.

BlazeBat

Blaziken Master
with a minus speed nature i think that avalanche could be better than ice beam on marshtomp, the loss of priority is of no concern with such a low speed, ev would need to be remade for some extra attack though

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
Yeah ape can cause me some problems, but I usually handled it well by prediction/Dragonite, usually finishing it of with quick attack which almost always ko's it after CC's down effect and/or life orb damage.

phantom1113

Not a random nub
I see a hera weak, are you trying to let dragonite counter it?? I don't think it likes CB stone edges :S

@Deaththingiethingie where is he wasting EV"S o_O

EDIT: Was under the impresion dnite had intimidate sorry confused it with mence

Last edited:

Deathconsciousness

mraaaaaaaaaaaa
Scizor@Choiceband
Trait: Technican
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Sp.atk)
252 Atk / 240 HP / 16 Sp.def
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Quick Attack

Not only does this pokemon look really cool, it has probably been the most useful one in the team so far. Usually spamming really strong u-turns, killing gengars and picking up weak pokemon in late game.
this doesn't need more than 216 Atk. though even then i wouldn't advise going past 176. It is more than ample, especially if you want it to come in on things like Gengar.
Then put 252 into HP, and with the remainder, you can do 2 things: simply dump all of it into SDef to take care of Shadow Balls, or put enough speed for 180 (stat) which allows you to outrun Max Spped Rhyperior,and any other base 70's that use no speed or just a little (skarmory, Metagross (sometimes), Ludicolo) as you never know when that could come in handy, then put the rest into SDef.
Also, I wouldn't suggest leading with this.
Swampert@Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
Relaxed Nature (+def, -speed)
240 HP / 216 Def / 52 Sp.Atk
- Earthquake
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock

Bog Bog Bog Standard. Helps the team against things like Metagross and Ttar.
Swampert suffers so badly due to not having a healing move. Rest being it's only option narrows it's options down drastically - you can either sod it and not bother, use a rest talk set, or use rest with a beller. All awkward as they will be missing something it needs.
236 HP means it gets max Leftovers and looks neater too. for the remaining EVs, it is always nice outspeeding Blissey, so you can get another Earthquake in before it heals.
Dragonite@Leftovers
Trait: Inner Focus
Impish Nature (+Def, -Sp.atk)
244 HP / 176 Defense / 88 Sp.def
- Dragon Claw
- Roost
- T-wave / Toxic
- Light Screen

Supportive Nite is very bulky and helps out with it's EQ immunity, fighting resist can double screens with celebi, helps me out with non hp ice Infernape aswell. Edit: took Steadfast's evs.
at least you took away the huge amount of speed. good start.
I would personally go with 56 EVs in Spd to allow it to outrun things that tend to linger around the 200 mark, like Cresselia, Suicune, Milotic, etc. being able to get your attack in can prove priceless on occasion.
Toxic is better than Thunder Wave, every single time. though you may want to consider a fire attack instead.
this Dragonite is just a bulky Salamence lite, with Light Screen...
consider Heal Bell as then you would be able to put Rest on Swampert and have some more support there. though finding a place for it would be difficult. things like Infernape and Lucario based specially will be very annoying without Light Screen, though the benefits of Heal Bell are considerable.
Heatran@Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire (IV: 23 Atk, 30 Sp.Atk)
Modest Nature (+Sp.Atk, -Atk)
252 Sp.Atk / 128 Speed / 128 HP
- Metal Sound
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- HP [Electric:70]

Metal Sound Heatran is cool, forces switches and can beat Bliss and Cresselia with relative ease. Speed evs to get 222 which outspeeds Adamnt TTars. HP electric is to hurt Gyarados/vaporeon/starmie/milotic switch ins.
this does not need any SAtk at all. especially when it will be simply abusing Metal Sound and Lava Plume. Drop either HP Electric or Earth Power for Rest, or them both so you can use Rest/Talk/Metal Sound/Lava Plume which would be far more fun and useful.
you can then use a far more defencive set which you can either focus in Def or SDef.

196 HP / 168 Def or SDef / 144 in other Defence
Bold or Calm.

though gj on the hp electric 70.
Celebi@Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
Calm Nature (+Sp.def, -Atk)
252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Speed
- Leech Seed
- Grass Knot
- Recover
- Reflect

Bog standard aswell except for Reflect+Calm which gives double screens with Nite. Stops Gyarados, Breloom and force switches by spamming leech seed.
236 HP / 216 Def / 56 SDef

makes the most out of your EVs.
Tyranitar@Leftovers
Trait: Sandstream
Careful Nature (+sp.def, -sp.atk)
252 HP / 200 Sp.def / 56 Atk
- Rest
- Sleeptalk
- Crunch
- Earthquake / Brick break

Takes status, walls really well on the special site, stops things like Heatran and Raikou with ease. The team also doesn't mind it's Sandstream at all. EQ is more powerful but brick break gives a non-resist combination with crunch.
236 HP / 176 SDef / 80 Def

makes the most out of your EVs.
as far as the set goes, you can choose Curse over the remaining slot, which i feel would be most beneficial. can't see this doing much to be honest with you.
lead with it though

(note I have not taken into account the IVs of your Pokémon if this is for in game play rather than shoddy. simply rearranging the EVs to hit the same points would need to be done if you are in game playing)
Above poster needs to post something more constructive, i.e. post what EVs he/ she believes would be superior.
I just questioned why you would waste this opportunity to post your thoughts considering you wrote a guide on EVs.

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
- 118 HP, 228 Spd, 124 S.Atk, 40 S.Def are better EVs for that Heatran

236 on both Swameprt and Tyranitar give them Max Leftovers recovery for what its worth

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
^thanks.

I also changed celebi too 252 HP / 116 Def / 104 Sp. Def / 36 Spe (Bold), which gives it the same def but better sp.def.

I am thinking of putting Tentacruel or Vaporeon > Swampert to cover some of my Inferanpe/heracross weak. Will put SR > Reflect on celebi if I do this (edit: might aswell use standard celebi evs then).

Edit:
Tentacruel > Swampert

Celebi Bold, SR > Reflect

Changed Heatran evs like Blue Ace said.

Last edited:

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
Empoleon doesn't fit in team, just adds to the hera/infernape/lucario weak. It's not about the resistances of one pokemon, but more of the team working together. With good predction this team is a real pain to beat due to it.