• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Restarting Pokemon Gen V Games (Black/White) (Black2/White2)

Keith Peh

Hi, i would like to seek a second opinion on restarting the gen V games.

I am thinking of restarting the games. However there are some things that are no longer available once i delete my save data and also with the Nintendo WFC Shutdown

The one thing that is the most concerning to me is the C-Gear and Pokedex Skin

What is your opinion on this? would you recommend me to restart?

Thanks

treatyofversigh

I guess it depends on how important the communication features are to you, and whatever else you're saying isn't available once you delete your data. I've run through both White and White 2 recently and I still thought they were fun, but I admittedly never used the communication features in gen 5. If you have both versions of each, you could always just delete your save data for one half of them (like Black/Black 2 or White/White 2) and keep the saves for the other half and see how it goes.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
I have doubts, but, is Poke Bank able to store pokemon from gen V games? If yes, you could at least save your pokemon from the previous file before restart, but, I don’t know how it work.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I have doubts, but, is Poke Bank able to store pokemon from gen V games? If yes, you could at least save your pokemon from the previous file before restart, but, I don’t know how it work.

Late reply but...

Yes, it can. However you need first to transfer your Gen V mons by using the PokeTransporter (which is not quite the same as Pokémon Bank). Once the mons are in the transporter, they can be ported to Bank.

But if I recall correctly, Transporter only brings pokémon from box 1 so you might be up to some back and forth

Rachael

I'm playing Pokemon Black right now and will play Pokemon Black 2 soon. I love these games! Personally, I don't have a problem with the lack of online play. If I need a Pokemon that's unavailable in this version, I trade with myself using my 3DS and regular DS. I do wish it could have lasted, though, for everyone who enjoyed it.