• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Retired from pokemon games

nel3

Crimson Dragon
@Divine Retribution: setting a goal is indeed very important in the game. thats what kept me in gen6 until gen7 came out. i had a full foreign dex info goal set out and accomplished in gen6 but my enthusiasm that came with realizing what gen7 had to offer killed of any serious plans to accomplish a set goal. i do evolve any missing pokemon that i manage to get but the drive to hit 100% isnt there, its more of a casual-see how far can i get with some luck.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
The main thing that I need to see to stay/be brought back in is bigger, more open worlds and more content. As technology improves, these aspects should be constantly improving, but instead, they've gotten worse recently. It is utterly unacceptable that a game that costs $60 and allows for much larger file sizes and much better graphics is even worse than the DS games which were on a 15 year old handheld and cost a little over half as much. The Switch games should be night and day better than the DS and 3DS games and they don't seem to be, whereas if you compare what other IPs have done on those platforms compared to what they're doing on the Switch, you can clearly see a difference and they're offering much more than the likes of LGPE and presumably SwSh are. This "we need to simplify everything in this game to make it quick and easy" philosophy they've employed since the 3DS era is completely contrary to what console gamers (and even some handheld gamers) expect and needs to die especially now that they're developing full $60 retail console games. The bar raises significantly in the jump to console.

GarchompTheAssassin

Water starter fan
My interest in the games has been completely killed for this generation, so you could say I'm on a similar boat. I will give Sword/Shield a chance though, so here's hoping it can deliver

Last edited:

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I don't know if I I'll use the word 'retired' (not yet atleast), but the 3DS era definitely put a big dent on my love for the franchise. I thought XY and ORAS, while definitely having issues such as lack of difficulty, underwhelming content and other issues, were ultimately still fun (especially ORAS), but definitely, not anywhere close to the peak of Pokémon. However, Gen VII really destroyed my love for this series, something I never knew was even possible. Sword and Shield really need to step up to renew my interest and rekindle my love for the series

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I don't know if I I'll use the word 'retired' (not yet atleast), but the 3DS era definitely put a big dent on my love for the franchise. I thought XY and ORAS, while definitely having issues such as lack of difficulty, underwhelming content and other issues, were ultimately still fun (especially ORAS), but definitely, not anywhere close to the peak of Pokémon. However, Gen VII really destroyed my love for this series, something I never knew was even possible. Sword and Shield really need to step up to renew my interest and rekindle my love for the series
tbh, I put SM and USUM over XY and ORAS because of much better battles overall (LGPE at least IMO is the worst game in the series though), but yeah, they need to step up their game with SwSh, especially if they want us to think it's "the greatest pokemon experience yet" (ohmori's exact words as to what he says they're trying to make SwSh be), especially in terms of content and route/cave design (and hopefully not so many cutscenes, it greatly hurt SM/USUM's replay value)

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
At this point, I could be mildly afraid of ever retiring in general from something like pokemon.

Pokemon makes me less confused about the world, and fictional battles, and why people like 'boy' stuff, as a whole.

While maybe I can keep understanding, even if I stop playing for awhile, i've suffered so much over stereo types...

It probably helps me in other ways, too, i'm sure. :)

That all said...I........I think i'd like to keep pokemon close to me as much as i can.

It helps me.

Thankfully, though, I still have my super huge crush on korrina

:)

honestly, i don't want to ever stop being into her.....thankfully, even if i age and she, well, doesn't, i know a fictional crush is harmless to real people o.o

Down the road I could try to mention her less and less though.