• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Return Of Terra Star!

Sweet Pinpuku

Happy Happiny
Hiya! And welcome to my fic!
It is set in a region that I have created myself, called Testra, and features many Pokémon that I have also made up on my own (Zeadoh, Zeadara? Do those names ring a bell with anyone??).
At the beginning of each chapter I do intend to post a short synopsis detailing what happened in the last chapter (except the first chapter of course) and a synopsis of the next chapter will follow at the end of each chapter (I will however us the spoiler things to cover it).

Anyways, enough of me rambling about that and now onto me rambling about this:

Testra – a mysterious land located far away from Kanto. It is a land of mystery and secrets that run deep into the earth, connecting it to the rest of the world by unseen threads.
Unseen to all, that is, except Pokémon!

Chapter 001 - Where World's Meet

Many trainers were gathered on the deck of the new ship – Cassandra’s Kiss. This big white ship was the only ship that travelled between Kanto and Testra. And it did not travel often.

“Can’t this damn boat move any faster?” An impatient trainer asked.

“Yeah!” Another piped up, “I’m in a hurry here, man!”

“Please be patient,” the hostess, Miss Karen Banner, said, “We will be arriving at Vichol Town soon enough.”

Vichol Town, also known as the Root of the Testra Tree, was where all of these trainers would begin their journey. Some of them, however, would be required to go to Professor Winnchi’s laboratory, to receive a Pokémon. Many trainers here had already collected a few.
The trainers were all growing restless. The boat had been travelling for several days and there were only dinners and Pokémon shows to keep the trainers occupied. They needed action!

“Perhaps a little competition could keep the trainers occupied ma’am,” Jared, one of Karen’s assistants suggested.

“Yes, a most excellent idea, mistress!” Jazzy, another assistant cheered.

Miss Banner had two trainers accompanying her at all times, Jared and Jazzy, twins who were found by her mother and raised as part of the family. Their true origins are unknown.

“Very well then,” Karen agreed, “Trainers, your attention please!”

Everyone turned to hear what Miss Banner had to say. Everyone, that is, except a young redheaded girl wearing blue jeans and a long fawn cardigan. She stood, back leaning against the wall, at the very back of the deck, farthest away from Miss Banner and her assistants. Her name was Amber.

“My assistants have suggested that we have a little battle to help pass the time.” Miss Banner announced.

Many trainers cheered, desperate for some kind of excitment. Others seemed uninterested, like there was no fun in this challenge.

“Do we have any volunteers?” Miss Banner asked.

“I will!” A young man called out before anyone else.

He moved to the front of the deck. He wore a long dark cloak over a purple tracksuit. He was known throughout the Johto region as Clive, the Dragon Master!

“Very well,” Miss Banner nodded in acceptance, “Would anyone like to challenge this young man?”

Pretty much everyone took a step back. Everyone who was anyone knew of this man and his ferocious Dragons.

“No-one?” Miss Banner smiled, “Very well,” and turned to face her assistants, “Jazzy, if you please.”

“No problem boss-woman!” Jazzy shouted as she jumped towards Clive, “Prepare to lose Dragon-boy!” She cackled and threw out a white and red orb.

The ball landed on the deck and opened, releasing a brilliant white light. The light slowly moved and began to take a shape – a dark woman wearing a lovely red dress with bright yellow hair. The Pokémon Jynx!

“Fine!” Clive huffed, “I choose you!” He cried as he too threw out a ball.

The ball opened in the air and flew back to Clive. The white energy swirled around on the deck and formed a large, orange creature. It had sharp claws and teeth and a flame at the tip of its tail.

“Charmelon, begin with Ember!” Clive ordered.

The scaley skinned Pokémon took in a deep breath and spewed hot flames at the ice woman.

"Jynxie! Quickly, get out of the way!" Jazzy screeched.

Jynx, incredibly quickly, dived out of the way to dodge the flames. She landed on her front, inches away from her trainer.

"Now, Charmeleon!" Clive laughed, "Finish her off with Fire Spin!"

Before Charmelon had a chance to use his attack, however, a young girl with pink pigtails began jumping up and down and yelling. Everyone, including Charmeleon and Jynx, turned to see what was going on.

“I see it! I see it!” She screamed as she pointed out towards a large green island, “That’s it! That’s Testra!”

Everyone looked on in amazement. Even the girl named Amber, who had seemed completely oblivious to the other trainers before now, joined the group to look at the magnificent island. Her long fawn cardigan wrapped itself around her when a small breeze passed by. It sent shivers down her spine.

“Looks like this battle is over Jazzy,” Karen laughed, “It’s time for everyone to go.”

“But! But Karen!” Jazzy whined.

“Shut it!” Jared said, “She said it’s over!”

Jazzy whimpered and hid herself behind her mistress.

Karen Banner turned once more to face the group of trainers about to set off an explore the region of Testra.

“It’s a shame,” she sighed.

“What’s a shame, ma’am?” Jared asked softly.

“It’s a shame,” Karen repeated, “That all we get to do is deliver these poor souls to our Queen.”

She shook her head and, followed by her assistants Jared and Jazzy, headed to the bridge where she told the captain to dock at Vichol Port.

************​

“I really cannot be bothered doing this!” A young girl with long dark haired whined, “This is, like, so lame!”

“Now, now, Trini,” an elderly woman said, “You promised you would.” The woman handed the girl Trini a Pokéball with a leaf symbol on it, “Go on, and make your Grandfather proud!”

Trini reluctantly took the ball and left the small cottage she lived in with her Grandmother, Ina. She was wearing her favourite outfit today – a yellow top, black combats and a matching black bag. She was all set for her journey. And, with an unenthusiastic sign, she headed towards a small sign that read:

Vichol Town – the Root of the Testra Tree.
North – Presam Farm, Vichol Path and beyond!

She moved around the sign and head north.

************​

The large white boat was now docked and most of the trainers were already off, half them beyond Vichol Town now too. Amber, however, was moving slowly and carelessly. She thought the life of a Pokémon trainer was going to be easy – simply get a Pokémon, defeat eight Gym Leaders and then off to the Elite Four. Almost everyone had done it at least once by now, so it couldn’t be that hard, could it?
Or could it?
Amber froze. Was she sure she was doing the right thing? Was this really what she wanted – to travel around the world with her Pokémon partner, force them to fight for her just to win some stupid badge that basically said I defeated this guy, I’m smart!
Yes. This is what she told her parents she was going to do. She had already left and now it was too late to go back. What would she say to them anyway, sorry, but I’ve changed my mind? Her parents wouldn’t like that very much, to say the least.
And so, Amber continued walking towards the large glass dome-shaped structure – Professor Winnchi’s Pokémon Laboratory.

************​

A young man rain his long fingers through his long white hair. He sat on top of a hill overlooking the town known as Vichol, the root of the Testra tree. He pulled a Pokéball with a fire symbol on it from his jeans pocket. Inside was his very first Pokémon, one he had received just several days ago, before the other two trainers were to receive theirs. He simply couldn’t wait. He had to solve the mystery of Testra and its roots. But where could the answer lie?
Was it to do with the Pokémon native to this region alone, or was it something bigger, something to do with the legendary Pokémon known as the Nuns? Or, maybe, just maybe, it ran deeper than even them, deep into the earth itself.
Wherever it was, he would find it and solve the mystery. Even if it was the last thing he ever did.

************​

Inside the lab, it was extremely warm. How could the Professor survive, day-to-day, in this place?

“H-hello?” Amber called out nervously.

The lab was very small and round. Opposite the entrance was a desk with a compute sitting on it. Next to that sat an odd looking machine with six slots on it and a control panel hanging from its side.

“Professor Winnchi?” Amber called out again, “Are you in here?”

Amber slowly turned full circle, taking in the entire room. In the centre of the room lay an overturned desk surrounded by broken glass. Amber moved towards it. As she approached the area, she noticed a small Pokéball with a water symbol on it.
Amber, slowly, carefully, picked it up and pressed the button on its centre. It practically doubled in size! Startled, Amber let out a faint cry and dropped the ball. It landed on the metal floor of the lab and opened.
A bright light emerged from the ball and floated to the floor. It took on the shape of a bubble-shaped creature with a large eye as the core of its body.

“Oh my.” Amber gasped, “What? What are you?”

The eye creature simply looked up. It had a mouth!

"Oh my!" Amber repeated as she took a step back.

Amber then followed its gaze to see a large hole in the glass roof of the laboratory with strands of netting caught on some shards.

“What did this?” Amber asked as she turned to look at the blue Pokémon.

It was no longer where it had been sitting moments ago.

“Hey! Amber cried, “Where’d you go?” She turned full circle once more to find the creature, but it was gone.

“Blee!” A high-pitched voice sounded.

Amber swirled around, but she still couldn’t see it.

“Blee, bleeehehehe!” It giggled.

Amber continued moving about that lab, however the Pokémon had definitely vanished. Where was it? She noticed several bubbles floating down from somewhere above her. She looked up to the hole in the glass and there it was!

“Come down from there right now!” Amber shouted at that bubble creature.

"Blee?" It asked, puzzled by her command.

"If you don't come down, you'll probably fall!" Amber told it.

"Blee?" It repeated and the nodded to itself, “Bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!” It cried out as it jumped down.

“No!” Amber shrieked and moved herself into position to catch it. It landed safely in her arms. It was very smooth and squidgy, it reminded her of jelly.

“Thank goodness you’re ok,” she sighed in relief, “Now, let’s get out of here and find the Professor.”

************​

Amber walked from the lab and into the town. There was no Pokémon Centre in sight and only a few stone cottages could be seen. A girl wearing yellow and black exited one house and paused, Amber watched her. The mysterious girl than headed north, towards and sign post, and then continued on beyond it.
Amber walked over to the sign and read it:

Vichol Town – the Root of the Testra Tree.
North – Presam Farm, Vichol Path and beyond!

“Presam Farm?” Amber asked aloud, “Maybe the Professor is there!”

“Blee!” the Pokémon agreed.

The two of them also headed to the north.

************​

“I can’t wait to get my hands on those Pokémon!” A man with a deep voice said, “Those Pokémon are supposed to surprisingly powerful!”

He was big bulk of a man, wearing a think black jacket and black jeans. He was also bald.

“Clefairy!” A pink fairy-creature beside him yelled.

The Clefairy’s brown ears twitched.

“Is someone coming Clefairy?” the man asked.

“Cleff!” the creature nodded.

“Then hide!” He ordered.

The two dived into some bushes.

************​

Amber turned round to face Vichol Town. She could just make out the lights inside the little cottages, the glass dome sat in darkness.
Going back was still an option, she thought to herself, but, if she did that, then she'd have to leave her new friend behind because it didn't belong to her.

“Blee, bleepoo!” Her new Pokémon said.

“Your right,” Amber smiled, “Let’s keep going.”

Small bushes lined the sides of the dirt path; behind them were many trees that Amber could not see beyond. They had past several signs saying that Presam Farm was not far and that, if they continued on this path, it would talk them straight there in less than a day.
The sun was setting and the moon could almost be seen floating above them. The sky was turning purple and it was far too cloudy to see any stars. They only had the moon to light their path.

“We should probably stop for the night.” Amber suggested.

“Belee!” the Pokémon yawned and it’s large white-eye turned to a dark blue colour. It was asleep.

“Guess that’s a yes then.” Amber smiled.

She lay her Pokémon down on the ground next to her brown backpack. She opened the pack as quietly as possible and set out her sleeping bag, climbed into it and settled down for the night.
The bushes nearest her head rustled. Amber’s eyes opened quickly. She sat up and looked around – nothing.

“Probably just me freaking myself out.” She sighed and lay back down.

The bushes rustled again.

“Ok, this time I know I heard something!” She said as she clambered out of her sleeping bag and got to her feet.

She turned around to see if her bubble friend was all right and saw two hands reaching out for it.

“Hey!” Amber shouted, “Get away from him!”

************​

Trini walked slowly through the forest. Although she had a flashlight that was lighting the path for her, she still felt like she was surrounded by darkness and evil. Footsteps and an odd crackling sounded behind her.

“Who’s there?” She cried as she whirled around.

Nothing.

“Phew!” She sighed and turned back.

More footsteps behind her, running fast!

Trini turned around again and was knocked over by some guy.

“Hey, would you, like, watch where you’re going?” She snapped as she brushed herself off.

“Hey, I’m sorry, but I was in a hurry,” the guy who bumped into said as he helped her to her feet.

“Oh, well!” She started.

The man was about seventeen with soft white hair. He wore blue jeans and a blue denim jacket with a black t-shirt underneath. His eyes were a dazzling shade of green and his smile was so. . .so. . .

“Oh, that’s totally ok.” She blinked into his eyes, “My name’s Trini.”

“Uh, hey,” the guy said uncomfortably, “I’m Skye.”

“Skye. . .oh. . .” Trini repeated, “Such a lovely name. . .”

“Hey! Get away from him!” A girl shouted somewhere in the distance.

“Did you hear?” Skye turned round.

“No, I didn’t hear. . .aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!” Trini screamed.

Skye turned back to her to see his Pokémon rubbing its ears against her leg.

“Brunka! Stop that!” Skye ordered.

The Baby Flame Pokémon blinked up at its master with huge black eyes. Brunka was made of pure fire, resting on top of green fur. It could sense water when it was near and could withdraw its flames into its fur to protect itself.
It had the ability to change its flame shape to be whatever it wanted, which was especially useful when it got into trouble. However, this Brunka preferred to look cute at all times!

“Breee?” It shuffled towards Skye and he rubbed its ears.

“Hey, buddy, I’m sorry I yelled.” Skye smiled at his Pokémon, “Now, wanna help me investigate?”

“Breee!” Brunka jumped up for joy.

“C’mon then, let’s go!” Skye laughed as he headed towards the sound of the girl’s voice, “Trini? Are you gonna come too?”

“Well, of course I am!” She said grumpily and ran off.

Skye and Brunka followed.

************​

“Hey girly, ain’t you a bit young to be handlin’ such a delicate Pokémon?” The big brutey thief asked.

“Clefairy!” His Celfairy snapped.

“I am not too young, I’m sixteen you know!” Amber said, “Now, take your hands off my Pokémon!”

Your Pokémon?” The brute laughed, “I bet ya don’t even know its name!”

“It’s name?” Amber looked lost, “I, uh, it’s name is. . .uh. . .”

“Its name is Flome!” A young man with white hair shouted out.

“Breee!” A small fireball lying on what looked like grass yelled as it Tackled the brute, releasing the Flome from his grasp.

The girl wearing yellow and black also appeared, with a PokéBall in her hand, “You should know better big man!” She laughed as she threw her ball into the air, “It is so not cool to pick of kids!”

Trini’s Pokéball opened and revealed Zeady, the Seed Pokémon. The Zeady was made up of four leaves, all closing in on each other making the Pokémon look like a bud. The leaves protected its tender sap-like body inside.

“Zeady!” Trini pointed at the pink fairy with curly hair, “Use Sticky Sap!”

Zeady bounced towards Clefairy and parted two of its leaves ever-so slightly, it then shot yellow sap at its foe. The sap surrounded Clefairy and hardened, trapping it.

“Way to go Zeady!” Trini cheered as her Pokémon bounced into her arms.

“That ain’t all I gots!” The thief boasted, “I choose you!” He too threw out a PokéBall.

The energy from this one took on the shape of a large yellow mouse, with a zigzag tail and pointy brown ears. Tiny zaps of electricity flickered from its red cheeks.

“Pikachu! Use Thundershock on Flome!” The brute ordered.

The Electric Mouse Pokémon jumped into the air and shot electricity from its cheeks down towards Amber and Flome.

“Oh no you don’t!” Skye leapt and pushed the pair out of the way, “Brunka!” He yelled as he turned his attention back to the battle, “Get ‘em with Ember!”

Brunka took in air until he is green fur looked like it was gonna pop, he then spat out hot flames from his mouth at Pikachu, Clefairy and their master. The fire surrounded them and burned them all.

“Retreat!” The thief yelled as he called back his Pokémon, “Screw the rare Pokémon, let’s get outta here!” He shouted as he ran away, back towards Vichol Town.

“Brunka!” Skye said as he held out a PokéBall.

“Zeady!” Trini too held one.

“Return!” They both ordered.

Beams of red light shot out from each ball and pulled the two Pokémon back inside.

“Thank you both so much!” Amber said as she stood between the.

“No problem!” the white haired man smiled, “By the way, my name’s Skye!”

“Yeah, that challenge, was, like, so beneath me!” the girl in yellow and black laughed, “You may call me Trini!”

“Skye, Trini, it’s so very nice to meet you.” Amber smiled back at them, but then turned her attention to the ground, “It seems I still have much to learn about Pokémon.”

“That’s no big deal,” Skye said cheerily, “We’ll help you, won’t we Trini?”

“Whatever.” Trini sighed.

“Hey, it’s better travelling in a group than it is alone.” Skye smiled.

“You guys sure?” Amber gleamed, “You’ll really help me out?”

Trini smiled at her, “Sure, why not!”

The three young trainers laughed and headed off on their journey, beginning with the Persam Farm and finding the missing Professor!

************​

Next Chapter
[SPOIL]Parasites!
Amber, Skye and Trini visit Persam, a Pokémon Farm run by Alma Persim. While there, the group recieves disturbing information and have to deal with one their own being captured![/SPOIL]

************​

I think that's the first fic I've done (since my first one) that did not have a prologue. :D
I don't think my descriptions were too great (if anyone can help me with that, I would appreciate it), but I think it's quite good. I am also unsure of what rating this fic should have (I was thinking PG-13, but maybe lower or something). What do you think?

~Sun ;192;

Last edited:

Ladyumbra

... ..no comment
hmm not too bad, there's room for improvement though. First some questions

1. How often does the boat sail between the two places?
2. why does it sail rarely?
3. ( first off you went from inside the boat to outside since amber was leaning on a wall in the room and then we were out on the deck with no transition. secondly you spelled shellgon with only one l) Why would any smart person battle witha 250 LB pokemon on a boat. small pokemon like jynx i can see but not something that big and no on a deck. Suppose he crashed through a barrier, fell off and clive hadn't been fast enough with a recall the shellgon would drown since i doubt they swim well.

Beyond that as you said description needs work. also flesh out your conversations and characters a bit more, sometimes it gets hard to tell who's talking or thinking about what.

not too bad so far though .

Sweet Pinpuku

Happy Happiny
YAY! First review! YAY! ;315;DANCES;315;

hmm not too bad, there's room for improvement though. First some questions

1. How often does the boat sail between the two places?
2. why does it sail rarely?
3. ( first off you went from inside the boat to outside since amber was leaning on a wall in the room and then we were out on the deck with no transition. secondly you spelled shellgon with only one l) Why would any smart person battle witha 250 LB pokemon on a boat. small pokemon like jynx i can see but not something that big and no on a deck. Suppose he crashed through a barrier, fell off and clive hadn't been fast enough with a recall the shellgon would drown since i doubt they swim well.

Beyond that as you said description needs work. also flesh out your conversations and characters a bit more, sometimes it gets hard to tell who's talking or thinking about what.

not too bad so far though .

I honestly don't know how often the boat sails (I could never think of believable dates for that) and the reason why it doesn't travel often will be revealed in a later chapter.

I never even noticed that I wrote Amber was inside a room! I feel so silly for that :D

Also, thanks for pointing out that information on Shelgon (although I am certain it only has one L in its name, I will check that in a moment). I will edit that entire scene and change Shelgon to something else (I actually only chose it cos it was the easiest of the Dragons in my head to describe, hehe). I think I'll change it to Charmeleon or Seadra.

Can I ask your opinion on the Pokémon I created for this chapter (Zeady, Brunka and Flome)?

I forgot to mention this earlier, but I intend to create a website, simply to act as a Pokédex for my creations, a chapter guide and character bios.

Thanks again LadyUmbra!

~Sun ;192;

Ladyumbra

... ..no comment
flom = tell me what colour it is, is it shiny or dull, is is scaled or skinned. Remember bubble shaped just means round.

brunka = wierd, a pokemon needs some sort of solid form, what you have is a ditto made of fire and something very easily killed if it gets soaked.
zeady = reminds me of of a weird seedot.

all your pokemon need more description and we need a way to discover more about them. Also personality pokemon need a lot of personality so they dont just seem to be there for battle.

that and this chapter has way too much going on in it. it either needs to be shortened or rewritten so that it flows togeather better.

oh and skye's hair =no, lovely cannot describe hair.

Btw I'd appreciated it if you returned the review though it's not needed.

Sweet Pinpuku

Happy Happiny
flom = tell me what colour it is, is it shiny or dull, is is scaled or skinned. Remember bubble shaped just means round.

brunka = wierd, a pokemon needs some sort of solid form, what you have is a ditto made of fire and something very easily killed if it gets soaked.
zeady = reminds me of of a weird seedot.

all your pokemon need more description and we need a way to discover more about them. Also personality pokemon need a lot of personality so they dont just seem to be there for battle.

that and this chapter has way too much going on in it. it either needs to be shortened or rewritten so that it flows togeather better.

oh and skye's hair =no, lovely cannot describe hair.

Btw I'd appreciated it if you returned the review though it's not needed.

Thank you for your comments about my three starter Pokémon, I have adjusted their descriptions and changed that lovely to soft, which I know ins't great but it is better, I hope.

I've just finished writing chapter 002 (which is different from the spoiler I posted, I've spent the past few days chaning a lot about my plans for this fic, I will edit that spoiler though).

Anyways, here it is, hope you enjoy it! :D

***~***~***~***​

Last time:
Amber travelled to Testra from Johto to find Professor Winnchi's lad in chaos and an abandoned Flome who she took with her to find the missing Professor. Along the way out of Vichol, she was attacked by a theif, but rescued by her new friends, Trini and Skye

002 - Parasites!

Our three young heroes, Amber, Trini and Skye, are still heading for Persam Farm in the hopes of discovering what has happened to Professor Winnchi. Although she does not officially have her own Pokémon, Amber has ‘adopted’ and young Flome, a blue jelly-like Pokémon that loves to laugh and play.
Skye’s Pokémon, Brunka, loves being cuddled and cared for. He doesn’t like fighting, but will do anything to protect his new friends. He also enjoys playing games with other Pokémon, especially hide-and-seek; no one ever finds him with his grass-like fur.
However, the group does have an oddball – Zeady, a Grass type belonging to Trini. Zeady does not like to play or to be cuddled. She likes to fight and to win. It is her mission in life to be trained and battled so that she can gain experience and evolve. Some say she is anti-social, but she’s really soft on the inside.

“Did you guys hear that?” Trini stopped and put her bag on the ground, “I think there’s something following us.”

“I didn’t hear anything.” Amber smiled politely, standing a few steps ahead of Trini.

The three trainers all looked around.
They had walked all through the night and the sun was now shining in a clear afternoon sky. The trees and bushes had cleared a lot and the now stood in a vast field of grass.

“There’s nothing around here anyway,” Skye sighed, “Not even that farm!”

“All the signs said it was definitely this way.” Amber pointed off towards the horizon.

“There is nothing there!” Skye snapped, “We’ve been walking all night and we’ve gotten nowhere!”

“Bleeehehe!” Flome, who had been resting comfortably in Amber’s arms, jumped onto Skye’s head, “Bleeeeee!” He shouted as he rotated.

“Ew! Get off!” Skye ordered as he batted the bubble off his head, “You’ll mess up my hair!”

Flome fell from his head and landed on the grass with a splash.

Amber looked from Skye to Trini and then back to Skye, “I didn’t think you’d be too into how you looked.”

“Aw, now my hair’s all wet!” Skye complained.

“Hey, where’d, like, Flome go?” Trini asked as she looked around.

Skye stopped fixing his hair and began to look around too, “Hey, he’s. . .here?” Skye said, confused and very worried by what he had found.

Trini and Amber moved round to see what he was holding – Flome’s eye!

“AAAAAHHH!” The girls shrieked, “What did you do?!”

The eye spun around three times and giggled. It then floated in the air and was surrounded by a purple glow. All the water it had lost rose up from the grass and swirled around the eye, forming a new body for the Pokémon. Then, with a pop sound, his mouth reappeared.

“Oh my. . .” Amber gasped, “That was. . .that was amazing!” She cheered as she grabbed Flome and hugged him tightly, “I had no idea you could do that!”

“Very interesting, let’s see.” Skye muttered as he fished around in his back pocket. He pulled out a red device, flipped it open and pointed some kind of lens at Flome, “Now, what are you?” He asked the PokéDex:

Flome – the Bubble Pokémon. Its body is very fragile, but impossible to permanently destroy. It uses Psychic powers to regenerate its water body if damaged. Its eye is said to change colour depending on the mood it is in

“Wow!” They all fixed their gazes on Flome, focusing particularly on the eye.

“I don’t think it will change colour,” a female voice said, “It only does that with people it trusts.”

“What? Where’d you come from?” Skye asked as he moved to place himself between the girls and the strange woman.

She was a young woman with long, silky black hair. She wore a purple woolly jumper and a black skirt under a long lad coat.

“I am Alma Persim,” She explained, “I am the owner of the Persam Farm and the one who wrote the PokéDex on the Pokémon in this region.”

“You own the farm?” Amber asked in disbelief, “But, but, you’re so. . .so young!”

Alma Persim blushed a little.

“So, um, like, where’s this so-called farm of yours?” Trini asked impatiently.

“I was hoping you would ask that, here, follow me.” Alma smiled as she turned away from the group, “I’ll even give you a tour of the facility.”

************​

“We’re actually a lot closer to the farm than you think.” Alma let out a quiet giggle, “You just couldn’t have known.”

“What do you mean exactly?” Skye asked.

Alma giggled again, “Zubat, you can stop now.”

A blue bat with purple wings fluttered out from some nearby bushes and landed on Alma’s left shoulder with its mouth open. It had large ears, two long legs and vampire teeth.
It closed its mouth and, all of a sudden, a white-stone building with a red tiled roof appeared like magic. A tall wooden fence appeared in an oval shape from the back of the building.

Before anyone could ask, Alma explained, “Zubat uses her sonic waves to make it appear as if the farm is invisible, we get a lot of thieves around these parts.”

“Yes.” Amber smiled a little, “We’ve noticed.”

Alma nodded, “Why don’t you all come inside and meet my Pokémon?”

************​

Inside, all the walls were left plain white, the only furniture was a cat basket, a leather chair and wooden chair seated at a desk. On the desk sat a computer. An envelope icon blinked on and off the screen.

“Oh,” Alma said as she moved to the computer, “I’ve got mail.”

She took off her lab-coat and sat at the computer and stared at the screen. The three trainers waited. Alma continued to focus on the screen. The trainers continued to wait. Growing uncomfortable, Trini tried to start up a conversation, but all eyes were focused on Alma, who was still engrossed in her mail.

“Dammit!” She slammed her fist down on the desk, “Those people, they don’t deserve to call themselves trainers!”

Alma rose from the desk and turned to face three shocked, young faces.

“I’m sorry children, I didn’t. . .”She paused, “Please, allow me to explain.”

Alma took a seat on the leather chair. Amber, Skye and Trini made themselves comfortable on the floor in front of her.

“A long time ago, there were two powerful, evil organizations.” Alma explained, “One devoted to the expansion of the sea and to the land, they were known as the Aquas and Magmas. They stole two powerful orbs from Mt. Pyre in the Hoenn region and awoken the God of Seas and the God of Lands, Kyogre and Groudon.
However, a young trainer, along with the help of some friends, was able to summon the God of Skies, Rayquaza, who quelled Kyogre and Groudon and sent them back to their resting places.”

“I remember that.” Skye gasped, “That all happened near Sootopolis, didn’t it?”

“Yes, Skye, it did.” Alma nodded, “You were there?”

“Yeah, but, I was really young though.” Skye looked at the floor, “It’s actually what got me interested in the legends of Pokémon and why I came here.”

“That’s all so very interesting Skye, but I, like, wanna hear Alma’s story.” Trini said.

“Yes, as I was saying.” Alma smiled, “Kyogre and Groudon were locked away deep beneath the earth once more and the orbs were returned to Mt. Pyre. All returned to normal for Hoenn.
But, that was not the end for Testra. Another organization, the Terras, who were more focused on harnessing the power of ancient Pokémon for themselves, continued operations here. Particularly on the creature that created all life, the primary Pokémon known as Pryno. However, just as in Hoenn, and not long after the Rayquaza incident, a young trainer was able to stop them before they could bring forth their ultimate evil.”

“Um, I’m really sorry to interrupt.” Amber said and glanced quickly at Trini and then focused on Alma, “Why are you telling us this?”

“I was just getting to that.” Alma smiled, “As you all know, I had a very interesting email. I was informed that the Terras are returning, two of their operatives remain. They’ve been in hiding, gathering what they need to put a new plan into action.”

“What do they need and do they have it?” Skye asked.

“They’ve got the red and blue orbs from Mt. Pyre, and intend on drawing Kyogre and Groudon here, far away enough from Hoenn that they could destroy Testra and its twin region, Sesdra, before anyone could get Rayquaza to stop them.” Alma said grimly, “They also have Erin.”

“Erin?” Trini asked.

“Professor Winnchi!” Amber gasped and looked down at a sleeping Flome in her arms, “We need to save her.”

“We will.” Skye rose to his feet.

“You will?” Alma beamed as she stood up too, “Oh, thank you! Thank you all!”

************​

Amber and Flome were outside in the fenced-off area of the farm.

“It sure is peaceful out here.” Amber sighed.

“Blee!” Flome nodded in agreement.

The night sky was clear, many stars and a full moon could be seen in the sky.

“It’s beautiful.” Alma said from behind the pair.

Amber rose to her feet, “Hey.” She smiled.

“Why aren’t you asleep like your friends?” Alma asked.

“I couldn’t. . .”Amber looked at Flome, then back at Alma, “I couldn’t sleep knowing what was going on in this world of ours.”

Alma nodded, “I feel the same way, but. . .you’ve made one mistake.”

Amber took a step back, placing herself between Alma and Flome, ready to defend her friend.

“This world, it does not belong to us.” Alma smiled.

Amber relaxed a little.

“It belongs to the Pokémon, we are the problem.” She explained, “We’ve invaded their homes, hold them captive in tiny orbs and release them only to battle!”

“But, you have Pokémon of your own, Zubat.” Amber pointed out.

“Zubat is not my captive, she helps me of her own will.” Alma smiled.

“I think. . .”Amber paused to scoop the now sleeping Flome into her arms, “I’m going to go to bed. Sky, Trini and I will be leaving first thing tomorrow morning.”

“Amber, please, leave Flome with me.” Alma pleaded.

Alma stood between Amber and the entrance to the lab.

“Get out of my way.” Amber ordered.

Alma sighed, “Very well.” Alma stood aside to let them pass, “Goodnight Amber.” She smiled, “I’ll see you in the morning. You too Flome.”

************​

Fresh morning light shone through the window of a spare room in the farm. Skye, Trini and Amber were all curled up on the floor. Alma kept no spare beds, only one for herself.
The three trainers awoken.

“Where’s Flome?” Amber jumped to her feet.

“What’s wrong?” Skye asked as he too stood up.

“She took him!” Amber said angrily as she stomped towards the main section of the lab, but the room was empty.

Trini and Skye appeared behind her.

“I, uh, think she’s, like, outside.” Trini suggested.

Amber thanked her quietly and headed to the fenced-off section of the farm. Sure enough, Alma was there. With Flome.

“Give him back!” Amber ordered.

“He doesn’t belong to you!” Alma argued.

“He’s staying with me, where I know he’s safe, until I get him back to the Professor!” Amber yelled.

“He’ll be safe here.” Alma grinned.

“No, he won’t.” Amber said quietly.

“And why not? It’s my job to look after Pokémon, I’ll take good care of him, I promise.” Alma giggled.

“I so don’t believe her!” Trini said to Skye, “I think we should, like, take Flome back!” Trini removed a red and white orb from her belt and three it into the sky, “Zeady, let’s get our friend back!”

From the ball, white energy formed the bud Pokémon. Her hard leaves split slightly at all sides.

“Use Razor Leaf!” Trini ordered.

Alma pulled a PokéBall from her lab-coat pocket and tossed it onto the ground in front of her, “Parium! Protect me!”

The white energy from this ball took the shape a small Pokémon shaped like a sausage. It was pure white, with small round hands and feet. It’s beady eyes gleamed and it opened its mouth, revealing four large fangs.

“Have some breakfast my sweet parasite!” Alma cackled.

Parium inhaled deeply, sucking in all of the leaves and swallowing them whole.

“What?” Trini gasped, surprised by the creature’s power, “Skye, let out Brunka to help!”

“Ok, Brunka, go!” Skye nodded as he too threw a ball into the air.

From this ball appeared a Pokémon made of pure flame resting atop a bed of green fur.

“Brunka, use Ember!” Skye smiled.

Brunka took in a deep breath and spat out hot flames from his mouth, engulfing the parasite Pokémon. Parium fell to the ground, shaken up by the attack, but nothing more.

“Trini, quick!” Amber screamed, “Have Zeady attack while its down!”

Trini nodded, “Zeady dear, like, use Sticky Sap!”

Zeady opened up a crack in her leaves slightly and shot out yellow sap. It spread over Pariums body, surrounding it and hardening. Parium was defeated. Alma ran to her Pokémon.

“Bleeehehehe!” Flome laughed and hopped to his friend Amber, “Blee!” He smiled as he jumped into her arms.

“I’m glad you’re ok.” Amber said as she hugged her Pokémon.

“Come on.” Skye said as he led Amber away from the scene, “Let’s get out of here.”

************​

The three young trainers were now a good distance from Persam Farm, following a dirt bath with Leppa Tress on either side. Many signs on this road were pointing them to a place known as Challa.
As they walked away from the farm, Skye handed Amber a PokéBall.

“What’s this for?” She asked.

“It’s for Flome, so that then he won’t get stolen all the time.” He smiled.

“Thank you.” Amber said as she took the ball.

Amber sat Flome down on the dirt path.

She held out the PokéBall, “Flome, I ask you to return!”

A red beam shot from the ball and hit Flome’s blue jelly-like body. The Pokémon turned red and was completely absorbed by the red light and pulled into the PokéBall. Amber knew she was doing the right thing, this would keep Flome much safer, but the words of Alma Persim still weighed heavily on her mind.

***~***~***~***​

[SPOIL]Next Chapter:
Myths and Pokémon
Amber, Skye and Trini continue on their journey to Challa. On the way they meet an apprentice of Professor Winnchi. However, she is too wrapped up in her own mystery to help with the Professor's disappearance.[/SPOIL]

***~***~***~***​

Well, I hope that chapter was better than the first one. I might have time to post the next chapter before the end of the weekend (if I can keep my brothers off the computer that is) :D
I thought I'd give you all a little information about how Zeady, Brunka, Flome and Parium came into being:
Zeady was orginally just a leaf and was simply called Leafy. I then changed it to a seed and called it Seedy, but then decided that's a crap name and now, it's Zeady.
Brunka was orginally called Friraka, but I thought the name Brunka would suit it better because it is just a small creature and burning is a little less damaging than frying.
Flome was orginally just a ball of floating water, but then I gave it an eye and made it a bubble. I don't remember much else about its creation, or that of its evolutions, I made these guys all up a long time ago now :D
And Parium is simply meant to appear simple, basic, because I based its name off Paramecium, a cell that contains both animal and plant organelles.

Anyways, that's enough useless info for everyone for one day. See ya'll soon!