• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Return of the Loom (XY OU)

Saph~

Serebii Champion x.x

Return of the Loom

Hey everybody, Saph here with an end of XY OU RMT. I made this team specifically for guardian's cup without too much play testing so it doesn't really have a ladder peak. Regardless of that, this team is quite solid and is the only team I ended up using twice. Based around the godloom set from jirachiuser1 who definitely supported me the whole time.

Team At a Glance
latios.gif
clefable.gif
landorus-therian.gif
excadrill.gif
gyarados-mega.gif

breloom.gif

Team Building Process:
;286;

I had used this Breloom set before, just not that much after the Aegislash ban, which while helped loom somewhat, in the end damaged it by bringing out the mega gardevoirs and mega chams. I figured it was time to bring it back.

:530: ;286;

Excadrill plays a very crucial role on this team being the only steel on it. It played a solid role as a mega gardevoir check, and hazard clearer.

;130; :530: ;286;

Noticing I didn't have the mega slot filled yet, I decided to pull back this beast from mid XY OU. It functioned well as the bulky water I needed as well, while keeping a heavy offensive presence.

;036; ;130; :530: ;286;

Not yet having a stealth rock setter, Clefable seemed an optimal choice. Being able to absorb damage an be that switch in to many threats I needed to deal with.

;381; ;036; ;130; :530: ;286;

Latios provided a great offensive presence while being able to deal with specs Keldeo combined with being able to recover HP. It's typing also provided more type synergy with the team.

:645: ;381; ;036; ;130; :530: ;286;

While the sprite may say otherwise, this is Landorus-Therian. To this point I had some speed on the team, but felt in need of another offensive pivot for some momentum. That's where Landorus-Therian came in as a scarf, giving me both of those.

tumblr_mdr16rPrst1rcwf0xo1_500.gif

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

Excadrill acts as the hazard clearer for the team. Its almost guaranteed to spin hazards if I really need it to with the speed it has from the scarf. Mainly, this Mon' acts as a major switch in for a lot of typed attacks. Earthquake Mold Breaker hits like a truck, forcing switch-ins to pokemon like Landorus-Therian and other flying types. Iron Head hits solidly with a flinch chance as well. Rock Slide is there to hit Talonflame and other unsuspecting flying types like Thundurus-I.

Takes hits from:

Fairy, for: Breloom, Latios, Gyarados-Mega.
Psychic, for: Breloom.
Electric, for: Gyarados, Gyarados-Mega.
Flying, for: Breloom.
Dragon, for: Latios.
Steel, for: Clefable.
---

tumblr_mssza1Rf6o1rjenv2o1_500.gif

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate ---> Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Ice Fang
- Waterfall
- Earthquake

This is usually my win condition being the mega of the team. After one Dragon Dance, It's boosted moves make it hit so much stronger. Mold Breaker allows it to Earthquake things like Rotom-W that used to be able to halt Gyarados in it's tracks. No longer shall it be oppressed! Ice Fang is there to hit things like the Lati twins, and other flying types that dodge Earthquakes and can tank a Waterfall.

Takes hits from:

Steel, for: Clefable
Water, for: Excadrill, Landorus-Therian.
Ice, for: Latios, Landorus-Therian, Breloom.
(Mega'd)

---

tumblr_mssa6euMjS1rb9aazo1_500.gif

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover

Best Latios Gif. With a life orb boosted hit, this thing hits like a TANK. This is the Keldeo counter to the team, being able to absorb both STABs and recover off the damage, or fire back a psyshock. Packing the dragon type, it has key resistances for the team. I used HP Fire incase something like Skarmory, wants to try and tank a draco from latios.

Takes Hits from:

Water, for: Landorus-T, Excadrill.
Ground, for: Excadrill.
Fire, for: Excadrill, Breloom.
---

tumblr_mlmf6b77NY1qdqwrro1_500.gif

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Fire Blast
- Moonblast

Clefable is here for the all important Stealth Rocks as well as being extremely bulky. With Soft-Boiled recovery, this thing usually finds itself hard pressed to die. In itself this is just one of the pokemon I find myself switching into on a lot of things I'm not sure I want my sweepers to take a hit from. Secondary job is to absorb things, simple as that. Moonblast is there for good STAB and SpA drop chance. I used Fire Blast > Heal Bell or anything else because its able to surprise a good amount of steels like Skarmory or Scizor, that otherwise would be able to set something up in Clefable's face with no fear.

Takes hits from:

Everything that isn't steel or poison, I can't get over how bulky this thing is. Fairies OP.
---
tumblr_m4y9y5keCB1qd87hlo1_500.gif

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 196 SpD / 68 Spe
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Bulk Up

The star of the team in my mind. While rarely actually being the win condition itself, its main role is to poke holes in the opponent's team while being a very annoying pokemon to face. Toxic Orb + Poison Heal is the main surprise to this set, allowing a lot of recovery to happen per turn. The SpD EVs allow it to be much more tankier overall than your average Breloom, pairing with Bulk Up to be one tanky mon. Protect is there to make sure that it doesn't get statused by getting our toxic orb up. Leech Seed is one of the most annoying things to face, so naturally its on this set. Leech Seed provides large amounts of recovery pairing with Protect for a little bit of stall power. Drain Punch is for even more recovery per turn. With the lack of Aegislash in the tier, Breloom has more opportunities than before to sweep.

Takes hits from:

Water, for: Landorus-Therian, Excadrill.
---
tumblr_mbe7qhWawz1rcwf0xo1_500.gif

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

As one of the best scarfers in OU right now, Landorus-Therian was a fantastic offensive pivot for the team. U-turn provided the team with much needed offensive momentum, allowing optimal switches to happen into threats like Keldeo, and Skarmory. Knock Off is one of those all important moves on a set like this. Getting rid of the right item on a pokemon can severely cripple it for the rest of the game. Earthquake is for good STAB, dishing out tons of damage. Stone Edge works well as strong coverage, hitting most flying types and pokemon with levitate for solid damage. Crucial mon overall, covers a lot of types.

Takes hits from:
Bug, for: Latios, Gyarados-Mega.
Ground, for: Excadrill
Fighting, for: Gyarados-Mega, Excadrill.
Poison, for: Clefable, Breloom.

---

Thanks for checking this RMT out.

Will add later:
Replays (?)
Threat List
Import/Export

Last edited:

Burnerv2

Believe in Yourself!
Very detailed and intricate. Especially the way Lando-T covers tons of your team's weaknesses. Good job Saph! o/