• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Return to Hoenn?

Should a future game revist Hoenn?

• Yes, remake Ruby, Sapphire, and/or Emerald

Votes: 39 50.6%
  • Yes, make Hoenn a bonus region like Kanto in Gen 2

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • No, don't go back

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Don't care

Votes: 8 10.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Umbreon

How would you like to see a return to Hoenn done? Straight-up remakes of Ruby & Sapphire? Have Hoenn as a bonus region like Kanto was in Gen 2? Or should the games never return there?

Personally, I like the bonus region idea. The GBA games aren't obsolete yet so there's no need for a remake. Plus part of the fun of Gen 2's Kanto was seeing how things had changed for the characters there.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
I'd surely like to see them expand upon the landmass that Hoenn is on. Not in a remake, but of something that mirrors what they did in Generation 2 to include Kanto. Would be good if they did an area north of Hoenn that's on the other side of Mt Chimney. Once you pass the 8 gyms of that region, you get given HM Strength/Rock Smash/Rock Climb (I dunno, you decide) and scale the Volcano to reach the other side (Hoenn) and you get sent to Littleroot Town, and thus begin the Hoenn region!

Josiah

is your favorite
I'd surely like to see them expand upon the landmass that Hoenn is on. Not in a remake, but of something that mirrors what they did in Generation 2 to include Kanto. Would be good if they did an area north of Hoenn that's on the other side of Mt Chimney. Once you pass the 8 gyms of that region, you get given HM Strength/Rock Smash/Rock Climb (I dunno, you decide) and scale the Volcano to reach the other side (Hoenn) and you get sent to Littleroot Town, and thus begin the Hoenn region!
Unless you're saying that it'd be a new island above Hoenn, that doesn't make any sense. First of all, Fallarbor's further north in Hoenn than Mt. Chimney. It was possible for them to add on to Kanto because you could see in Red and Blue that there was more land off to the left of the map. In Hoenn however, we can see the full island. It's based off an island in Japan.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Actually...I would just like to see the Hoenn remakes cuz if it's a bonus region then the region that comes first is rushed,would low leveled gyms just like Johto

Last edited:

Zorkzedork

There could be a storyline where Groudon and Kyogre are Captured again by Team Magma and Aqua respectively but instead of just the fighting ending when Rayquaza is unleashed they make a path to another region.

buskalilly

I'm not keen on the idea of a remake, as the games still feel pretty recent- like you say, they're not yet obsolete. Also, it was personally my least favourite generation, but thats irrelevant.

However, I'd love to be able to go back to all previous regions a la G/S kanto. Just so long as the new region isn't shorter or easier. I'd also let you choose which order you do the other 4 in.

No. 1 Machop Fan

Yes, as long as they bring back Brendan. He was awesome!

elite ralf

make a hoenn sequel, and then after that new games's region's pokemon league, hoenn can be visitable afterwards, just like g/s hg/ss did with kanto. :D

Ememew

Emerald Mew
Make it a bonus region, or if they could, make it the original region with a bonus region attached to it. I feel they could do a lot to add to the story (like explain how Maxie/Archie became such land/sea freaks to make them seem less random), so revisiting the region would be good. They could also expand on a few of the other characters like Steven and the Gym Leaders/Elite 4.

On the other hand, a few additions to the game wouldn't be worth a remake yet (as the R/S/E games are still compatible with the newer ones). The solution, make it attached to another region for improved story and new Pokemon.

elephantdog

ÜberlegenDeLeuteHier
I don't know...it's the least interesting in the series and if the company hired an economist, the economist would explain to them that the demand for it would be lower than the other games and they won't be maximizing their profits, only satisfying the demand for the small population made of the difference between the old demand and the new demand. <had to go into dork's mind to come up with that reasoning =D

BCVM22

I don't know...it's the least interesting in the series and if the company hired an economist, the economist would explain to them that the demand for it would be lower than the other games and they won't be maximizing their profits, only satisfying the demand for the small population made of the difference between the old demand and the new demand. <had to go into dork's mind to come up with that reasoning =D

You're joking, I hope.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
I'd go with a remake. The bonus region would be OK I guess, but I'd rather they focus on Hoenn itself than split it up so that the levels would be low. But I think Hoenn + something in the nature of Sevii Islands would be a decent idea.

Takoto

Prince of Ampora
I wouldn't like a remake or anything, I'd actually like it if we could go to Hoenn, but set when GSC/DPP are set, as they're set three years in the future to when RBY/RSE are set.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
I wouldn't like a remake or anything, I'd actually like it if we could go to Hoenn, but set when GSC/DPP are set, as they're set three years in the future to when RBY/RSE are set.

First of all, where is the evidence that DPP are set after RSE?

BCVM22

FR/LG and R/S take place concurrently; likewise for D/P and HG/SS.

Incidentally, is it really necessary to italicize random parts of your posts? Just curious.

franchise

I realize everyone here is a fan, given this is a fan board. But mainstream I don't think that the 3rd generation was as big a seller and Hoenn, for me, was the least interesting region all things considered.

I think that if they redo Hoenn it'd be as a bonus if anything. I don't think a full scale remake would be in order given the games are relatively recent. At the same time, if they were to do a remake it would be next generation and maybe it'd have some nostalgia value then.

franchise

Also,maybe by that time it could be released as DLC becasue it might be on the next gen DS. Maybe a WiiWare title like they have on PSP.

BCVM22

But mainstream I don't think that the 3rd generation was as big a seller

You'd be wrong. Ruby and Sapphire sold over 15 million units worldwide.

Now, is that less than some of the other core titles? Yes.
Is anyone anywhere in the Pokémon chain going "oh, well, it only sold 15 million units. Epic fail."? You can answer that yourself, I think.

I don't think a full scale remake would be in order given the games are relatively recent.

There's your problem. You're trying to define the future in the context of the present.

Here's a time comparison for you, just to chew on:

FR/LG released less than two years after Ruby and Sapphire, about eight years after the original Red and Green.

HG/SS released three years after D/P, ten years, almost exactly, after G/S.

The 5th generation is due by the end of this year, fall of 2010. Add just two years to that and you get 2012 when the world ends, a full decade after Ruby and Sapphire. Ten years later, they will not be "relatively recent."

Food for thought.

hoofandsnort

Rare Collecter
They'll re-release Hoenn just like they re-released Johto, after another add-on to HG/SS (Something mirroring Crystal) and 3 gen 5 games, so it'll be a while, but I'd bet on it. Personally, I'd like to see a remake of Hoenn, I liked the world and the (contrived) storylines. I wonder if they'd remake with Deoxys playing a much larger role-that would make for an interesting storyline, maybe something along the lines of Team Galactic...
hmm...
Either way. I want it to happen, and I'm pretty sure it will.

Status
Not open for further replies.