• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Reunion(Advanceshipping-PG13)

swampert55

Welcome, fellow Advanceshippers! This is my first fanfic so please comment, review, etc. (This fic will also contain slight GreenRubyshipping or Brendan x Leaf)

Directory
-Chapter 1
-Chapter 2
-Chapter 3
-Chapter 4
-Chapter 5
-Chapter 6
-Chapter 7
-Chapter 8
-Chapter 9
-Chapter 10
-Chapter 12
-Chapter 11
-Chapter 13
-Chapter 14

Disclaimer: I do not own Pokemon, and I am not affiliated with Nintendo in any way.

PM list: Lord Zant, jessieneese, Xaotl, cjoey97

Chapter 1

Cherrygrove City, Johto

A brown haired girl wearing a red bandanna walked up to the counter in the Cherrygrove Pokémon Center.

“Excuse me,” she asked Nurse Joy, “do you know where the contest hall is?”

“Yes,” replied Nurse Joy, “it’s north of here. They only put it up a few days ago, I believe.”

The coordinator known as May thanked Nurse Joy and walked out of the Pokémon Center. After walking for a few minutes, she arrived in front of the contest

hall. The building was built of flimsy looking wood and painted red. May pushed open the door and walked inside.

“Excuse me; I was wondering if I could enter the contest?” May asked the woman behind the counter, who had long golden hair.

“Of course!” the woman replied. “Would you like to leave the Pokémon you aren’t using here to rest?” May agreed, and handed five Pokeballs to the attendant.

“The contest is about to begin. The coordinator’s room is over there,” the attendant added, pointing to a room on the left. May opened the door and walked

in.

May stood on the stage with the other coordinators, waiting for the judge, a man with green hair, and the MC to say a few words. The MC, whom May

recognized as the attendant, started to speak.

“Now I’d like to thank the coordinators today for…giving me your Pokémon!” The judge and MC pulled off their disguises, revealing black uniforms with red

letter R’s on the front. May recognized them instantly as Cassidy and Butch. Butch grabbed a sack filled with the coordinators’ Pokémon, and the thieves fled

out the door.

“Hey! Give me back my Pokémon!” May exclaimed. She immediately started to chase after Team Rocket.

“I choose you, Flareon!” May said, throwing her one remaining Pokeball. A red and orange Pokémon emerged. It was similar to Eevee, albeit with more fur on

its body. Flareon looked around and wondered why it wasn’t on stage.

“Flareon, I need you to stop Team Rocket from escaping with those Pokeballs!” May explained to her Pokémon. The coordinator ran outside, followed by

Flareon.

Team Rocket was running toward their helicopter with the stolen Pokémon. May rushed out the door, only to realize she could never catch up to the thieves.

“Flareon, use Shadow Ball on the helicopter!” May ordered. Flareon launched a ball of dark energy at the helicopter. It overtook Team Rocket and made

impact. May covered her ears as the helicopter exploded.

“Ahh! Our helicopter!” exclaimed Cassidy and Butch. The latter dropped the sack that he was holding.

“Looks like we’ll have to make a run for it!” screamed Cassidy.

“Hey! Wait for me!” Butch also began to run, and left the sack behind.

“I don’t think so,” May remarked. “Flareon, Flamethrower!” The Flame Pokémon launched a powerful jet of fire, which made contact with Team Rocket. The

resulting explosion blasted Cassidy and Butch into the sky.

“Team Rocket’s blasting off again!” they screamed before disappearing into the sky.

May reclaimed her Pokeballs from the sack that Butch dropped. “So the Johto contests were just a scam,” she thought to herself, “I heard there

were also contests in the Sinnoh region, where Ash is. Maybe I should head there instead.
” Just then, she heard an announcement.

“Final boarding call for 11:05 ferry to Canalave City! All aboard!”

May gasped and ran toward the pier. “One ticket please!” she told the crew member and paid the fare. The crew member nodded and handed her a ticket.

The content coordinator was about to fall asleep when she was jolted awake by an announcement.

“Hello. I am the captain. I would like to remind you that we will arrive in Canalave in early morning. Thank you.”

May yawned, and immediately fell asleep, holding a halved ribbon to her chest.

Last edited:

cichawk

<-- It looks SILLY
Hello swampert55! Since you're kindly taking your time to read and review my fic, I'll repay the deed by reading and reviewing your fic. =)

Well, let's see, don't really see many mechanical errors, but I wasn't pressing my nose up to my screen so I might have just read right over them if there were any. Heh, actually I don't expect there to be any since you're the one that's always correcting me, I trust that you edited yours very carefully. Oh but there was this...

“Tram Rocket’s blasting off again!” they screamed before disappearing into the sky.

Is it supposed to be Tram Rocket? I dunno, maybe it was something that Butch and Cassidy were called in the anime that I missed.

Now for the content, the overall story seems pretty solid, but the way it's executed could be a bit improved in my opinion. You could give a bit more descriptions for some parts, like the weather, time of day, etc. It would give the fic more color and would also lengthen it.

Overall, it's pretty well written, but just lacks some descriptiveness. And also, like you mentioned on the bottom, add spaces.

-

Wow, great chappie! Even know is short, I bet you will make your story as shippy as we expected.
May yawned, and immediately fell asleep, holding a halved ribbon to her chest.
This is so sweet, May still misses Ash!:);)

swampert55

I bet you will make your story as shippy as we expected.
Uh, I kind of need help on that part.

Chapter 2

Note: this chapter takes place 4-5 weeks after the previous one.

Route 208, Sinnoh

A trainer with a Pikachu on his shoulder was running toward Hearthome City with his two companions. He wore a jacket that was mostly black with yellow at

the sleeves, a hat with a Pokeball symbol on it, and baggy jeans. Running beside him was a girl wearing a white cap with the same symbol on it, a miniskirt,

and pink boots. Behind the two of them was a Pokémon breeder with spiky brown hair, wearing a plain jacket and jeans.

“Hurry up, Ash!” said the girl, “We’re going to be late!”

“Well, it’s your fault! You didn’t set the alarm right!” replied Ash, who was clearly annoyed.

“How was I supposed to know my Poketch was broken!?” the girl shot back.

“Ash! Dawn! If you two would stop arguing, you might notice that the contest registration deadline is in fifteen minutes!” the breeder interjected. Dawn

nodded and began to run again.

“Hey Brock, I wonder how May is doing in Johto? Maybe she already has five ribbons, and I only have seven badges. I can’t believe the eighth gym is that far

away,” Ash told his longtime friend.

“Well, in the meantime we’ll have to catch up to Dawn,” noted Brock.

“You’re right. Let’s go,” replied the trainer.

Twenty minutes later

“I’m sorry. Registration is closed,” the attendant told Dawn, “But you can still watch the contest.” Dawn sighed. The group found some seats and sat down.

“That was going to be my last ribbon too,” Dawn told Ash, “I can’t believe I missed the deadline.” Ash wasn’t listening. Instead, he was staring with disbelief

at the coordinator on the stage and her Blaziken.

Sometime later

Ash burst into the coordinators’ preparation room. Suddenly, he heard someone calling him.

“Ash! I didn’t know you were here!” May squealed with delight, “Did you miss me?”

Ash was slightly taken aback at this. “Uh……” he stammered and began to blush. Ash was pulled out of this situation by… Dawn.

“Wow! You’re May! I’ve seen all your contests on TV! I can’t believe it’s really you!” Dawn exclaimed.

Brock spoke up. “May, this is Dawn. She’s a beginning coordinator who’s been traveling with us.”

Just then, Ash’s stomach growled.

“Uhh, I think we should go to the Pokémon Center to have lunch,” Ash groaned.

“There’s a battlefield in the back of the Center, could you show me some of your Pokémon’s moves?” Dawn asked May.

“Of course!” May replied, and they walked a few blocks to the Pokémon Center.

After a full meal the friends headed to the battlefield, but two trainers were already there.

“It’s Paul!” exclaimed Ash.

Paul was standing on one side of the battlefield. On the other side was a trainer with white hair, a red headband with a Pokeball symbol, a black shirt, black

sweatpants, and a trainer’s backpack. A Swampert stood beside him. As Ash, May, Dawn, and Brock watched from the sidelines, Paul reached into his pocket

and took out two Pokeballs.

“Monferno, Azumarill! Game’s on!” shouted Paul. “Hey Brendan! You ready to lose?” he added.

Brendan removed two Pokeballs from his belt. “Dragonite! Umbreon! I choose you!” The four Pokémon materialized in front of their respective trainers. Brendan

gave commands to his Pokémon first.

“Dragonite, Thunderbolt on Azumarill! Umbreon, Psychic on Monferno!” Brendan ordered. For a split second, Dragonite was surrounded with a yellow aura.

Then, it launched a bolt of electricity at the Aqua Rabbit Pokémon. Simultaneously, the rings on Umbreon’s body glowed yellow, and it launched a powerful

telekinetic force at Monferno. Both of Paul’s Pokémon, hit with super effective attacks, fainted immediately.

“You two are useless!” Paul screamed at his Pokémon before recalling them. He walked back into the Pokémon Center in stunned silence.

The four bystanders, who were watching on the edge of their seats as Dragonite and Umbreon wiped the floor with their opponents, got up and approached

Brendan.

“Wow! That was a great battle!” Ash exclaimed.

“Yeah,” added Brock.

“My name’s Brendan. I’m from Littleroot Town,” Brendan extended his hand.

“I’m Ash. Nice to meet you.”

“I’m May.”

“Hello, I’m Brock.”

“I’m Dawn.”

After their introduction, Brendan asked a question.

“I’m going to Sunyshore City. Where’s your destination?”

“Hey! We’re heading there too!” Ash replied, “I’ve got an idea. Want to travel with us?”

“Uh, sure,” replied Brendan, “Maybe we should stay here for the night?”

“Yeah,” agreed May, “I’m really tired.”

Back in their room, Pikachu was conversing with Swampert, and May and Ash were talking.

“So what brings you to Sinnoh” Ash asked.

“Well, the contests in Johto were a scam so Team Rocket could steal Pokémon,” May answered. Ash’s jaw dropped.

“Hey, where’s Brock?” Dawn asked sleepily.

Ash yawned. “Flirting with Nurse Joy,” he replied.

In the lobby, Brock was so occupied in trying to get Nurse Joy’s attention that he failed to notice something.

Two people wearing white uniforms with red R’s on them walked into the Pokémon Center, followed by a Meowth.

Last edited:

Standard Writer

Angst Writer
Perhaps you should consider writing on something else besides WordPad. Since your sentences stop halfway and continue down on the next line or two. Try Openoffice or Microsoft Word.

the breeder interjected.

Decent use of wording over here.

Overall sounds like your typical Anime-style plot, just written rather well. There's just no indication as to why Ash stared with disbelief, but I see that's your first sign of Shippiness.

Only issue here is the Wordpad usage, very well done here.

swampert55

Perhaps you should consider writing on something else besides WordPad. Since your sentences stop halfway and continue down on the next line or two. Try Openoffice or Microsoft Word.
I have word but I can't figure out how to get spaces between the lines.

swampert55

Sorry, sppf crashed yesterday. Well, here's chapter 3.

Chapter 3

“Ash, come on! Team Rocket’s got Pikachu!” May yelled urgently. Ash groaned loudly as he grabbed his hat off the table. He staggered out of the room and

down the hall into the lobby of the Pokémon Center. James was holding a glass jar topped with a light bulb, one of Team Rocket’s favorite contraptions.

“Pikachu!” Ash called as he realized what was happening, “Are you all right?”

“Pika, Pikachu!” Pikachu responded.

“Uhh! I left my Pokeballs in the room!” Ash realized in desperation.

The brown-haired coordinator standing next to him reassured him “It’s okay, Brock and Brendan should be able to handle this.”

Meanwhile, Jessie sneered at Brendan. “So you’re helping the twerps, eh? I’ll teach you a lesson!” Jessie shouted as she released her Seviper.

Swampert stepped protectively in front of its trainer. “Swampert, Body Slam!” ordered Brendan. The Pokémon charged at Seviper, throwing its body at the

snakelike Pokémon. Seviper was knocked back into Jessie, who fell down from the weight.

At the same time, Brock’s Sudowoodo floored James’s Carnivine with its Focus Punch. Realizing they had lost, Team Rocket dropped the jar containing Pikachu

and attempted to make an escape. Ash ran to free his best friend from its prison.

“Pikachu, Pika!” it squealed happily.

Just as the front doors opened to admit Team Rocket, Swampert’s Blizzard made its mark.

As the trio was launched into the sky, they yelled their familiar line. “Team Rocket’s blasting off again!”

“Why is everyone up so early? And what’s with all the commotion?” came Dawn’s voice. The others could only gape at her.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The group was walking down Route 209, leaving Hearthome behind them. Ash and Brendan were showing off their badges.

“Ha! I have more than you!” Ash taunted.

“Well, I’ve never been to Johto, so I don’t have those badges,” Brendan replied.

Just then, May spoke up. “You have a ribbon case! You must have won a lot of contests too!”

Brendan opened his ribbon case, revealing one large blue ribbon. “Uh, it’s just a ribbon for winning at the Battle Tower,” he explained, “I don’t participate in

contests.”

Suddenly, there was a whooshing sound overhead. The group looked up. A large, flaming Pokémon, outlined against the blue sky, was flying toward the south,

launching its Flamethrower at anything in its path.

Ash recognized it immediately. “It’s Moltres!” he yelled. The Flame Pokémon noticed them, and launched a jet of fire from its beak toward them.

Brendan recalled his Swampert, and dived to the side to avoid the Flamethrower. Brock and Dawn dived to the other side. Ash instinctively grabbed May’s

arm, pulled her to the side, and narrowly avoided the fire. None of them suffered a direct hit from the attack, but the resulting explosion scattered them in

different directions.

Brock helped Dawn up. “Come on, we should find the others,” he said. They walked back in the direction that they were blasted from.

Brendan tossed a Pokeball in the air. Out of it came a majestic green and white Pokémon.

“Gardevoir,” it said.

“I need you to use your Psychic to find the others,” Brendan instructed. Gardevoir nodded and walked off into the forest with its trainer following behind.

Ash opened his eyes. He saw May’s face only a few inches from his own. Her body was lying directly parallel on top of his, her soft brown hair falling on his

face. Her eyes were closed, and her mouth had a slight trace of a smile.

“May,” Ash asked tentatively, “could you get up now?”

“Huh?! Oh! Um, sorry!” May‘s face had turned the color of her shirt as she stood up and brushed the dirt off her clothing. “We should look for the others now,

don’t you think?” she asked, changing the topic.

“Hey, Pikachu, let’s go,” Ash told his friend. Pikachu had not noticed the whole exchange, as it was busy indulging in a packet of ketchup that had fallen out

of Ash’s pocket.

“Pi, Pika!” it responded enthusiastically. Trainer and Pokémon set off into the woods at a brisk pace.

“Hey! Wait!” May called after them as she hurried to catch up, “Don’t leave me here!”

“It’s Moltres!” Ash shouted as he saw the familiar silhouette. Spotting them, Moltres formed a ball of fire in its mouth, preparing to launch its attack.

Suddenly, it was struck by two streaks of electricity. Even though Moltres had taken minimal damage, it was distracted from its original target. Brendan

emerged into the clearing, flanked by Gardevoir and Dragonite. Moltres decided to turn its Heat Wave on the new arrivals. Brendan acted fast.

“Gardevoir, use your Psychic as a shield!” ordered Brendan. The Pokémon raised a transparent blue veil of energy in front of itself and its partner. The shield

absorbed the brunt of the attack, but the remaining flames struck their intended targets. Before Gardevoir could react, the two Pokémon were taken out by

another Heat Wave. Moltres turned back toward Ash and May.

“Don’t worry, May. I’ll protect you!” Ash reassured. He stepped in front of the coordinator and motioned for her to move back.

“Ash, wait…” May’s voice trailed off.

Meanwhile, Brendan recalled Dragonite to its Pokeball. He removed a spiky yellow object from his bag and fed it to Gardevoir. After eating the Revive, the

Pokémon recovered immediately.

“Gardevoir! Use Psychic to protect Ash!” Brendan commanded desperately. The blue barrier formed in front of Ash, but it did not block the Flamethrower

completely.

“NO!!!” May cried as the barrier disintegrated and the remaining flames struck the trainer. Ash yelled out in pain, then collapsed.

I need reviewers. If someone could please write reviews that would be great.

Last edited:
-

Ash opened his eyes. He saw May’s face only a few inches from his own. Her body was lying directly parallel on top of his, her soft brown hair falling on his

face. Her eyes were closed, and her mouth had a slight trace of a smile.

“May,” Ash asked tentatively, “could you get up now?”

“Huh?! Oh! Um, sorry!” May‘s face had turned the color of her shirt as she stood up and brushed the dirt off her clothing. “We should look for the others now,

don’t you think?” she asked, changing the topic.
Wonder if anyone saw that like someone we know.cough Drew or Team Rocketcough cough.

Lord Zant

Two jobs. ugh
I got your PM, and I'm sorry it took me so long to come here. I have a REALLY busy life at the moment.

Anyway, I like your style, you have slightly satirical remarks, but they are pretty funny. You write clearly, and your plot, so far, seems good. I like how you included Brendan, but I bet he and Ash will clash a lot. Nice Moltres appearance, but why is it so riled up?

I hope Ash turns out fine, I guess we get to have some cute "Nursing back to health" scenes. I like those.

Your renditions of the characters are good, much like in the Anime. Keep writing this fic!

PS - if you've got a PM List, could I chuck my name at it?

~LZ~

swampert55

Wonder if anyone saw that like someone we know.cough Drew or Team Rocketcough cough.
Well, no. As with Team Rocket, explosions can take you pretty far.
Nice Moltres appearance, but why is it so riled up?
You'll find out in chapter 5.
I guess we get to have some cute "Nursing back to health" scenes. I like those.
Well, not really, it was just a mild concussion and light burns, but it will be humorous.
PS - if you've got a PM List, could I chuck my name at it?
Yes, of course. Also, you posted 2 minutes ahead of me, and it took me at least 10 to post.

Chapter 4

“Gardevoir! Hit it again!” Brendan commanded. Obeying its trainer, the Embrace Pokémon fired another streak of electricity at Moltres. Moltres, frustrated with

its targets, flew off in search of something weaker to vent its anger upon.

“Stay here. I’ll get help,” Brendan told May, who was kneeling beside the fallen trainer, sobbing into her skirt. Pikachu also stood next to Ash, sparks flying

from its cheeks and looking around for any possible danger. By the time May looked up, Brendan was long gone.

Solaceon Town

May had fallen asleep in a chair in the waiting room. She was not wearing her bandanna, and her hair was a mess. Dawn, who was on another chair not far

away from May’s, noticed the ribbon in her hand. Why is it cut in half? She wondered.

Ash opened his eyes. Realizing where he was, he sat bolt upright.

“Brock, is May alright?” he asked the breeder, who was in a chair next to his bed.

“What? Oh, yeah, she’s okay. I think she’s more worried about you though.” With that, Brock drifted back to sleep. The trainer put on his shoes and stumbled

into the hall.

May had just woken up when someone walked into the room.

“Ash!” she yelled in jubilation, “are you alright?”

“Yeah,” added Dawn, ”you’ve been unconscious for two days.”

“TWO DAYS!!! No wonder I’m so hungry!” Ash shouted in surprise. He immediately sped off in what he believed was the direction of the lunchroom.

Ash and Brock were walking through the Pokémon Center/hospital, with May tagging along behind them.

“Where’s Pikachu?” asked Ash.

“All of your Pokémon are outside,” Brock replied.

Suddenly, they heard Brendan’s voice. “Hey Ash, you finally woke up!” he said enthusiastically.

Ash asked a question he had forgotten to ask before. “Why are you going to Sunyshore anyway? You already have that badge.”

“You mean you don’t know? Every year Sunyshore hosts a Trainer’s Convention. Trainers go there to see the latest Pokémon technology and to hear Gym

Leaders speak about battle strategy. There are also various other activities and competitions,” Brendan explained.

“Actually,” May said, “I think Dad mentioned something about that.”

“Wow! I have got to go there! What are we waiting for?!” Ash said.

“Uh, it starts in two weeks.” Brendan said. Ash looked crestfallen. May opened her mouth, but Ash was already playing with his Pokémon.

“I think we should let all our Pokémon out,” Brock suggested, throwing four Pokeballs. Sudowoodo, Forretress, Toxicroak, and Crobat materialized in front of

their trainer. Brendan tossed five of his Pokeballs. Dragonite, Gardevoir, Umbreon, Mantine, and Typhlosion joined Swampert, who was usually out of its ball.

Finally, May called out her six. Blaziken appeared first, followed by Munchlax, Bulbasaur, Flareon, Skitty, and Beautifly. The Pokémon immediately began to

interact with each other, watched by their trainers.

A few hours later

The group was standing in front of a large building with an illuminated façade.

“I didn’t know there was a movie theater in Solaceon,” Dawn said quizzically.

“Hey! I want to see that!” Brendan exclaimed, pointing at a movie poster.

“Hmm. Groudon vs. Kyogre vs. Deoxys,” mused Brock, “Seems like a good movie.”

“I think I’ll see this,” May said. Ash scanned the poster, which was in Japanese. It depicted a couple embracing. “Satoshi and Haruka” read the translation.

“I’d rather see the Groudon one,” said Ash distastefully, “That seems boring.”

“Come on Ash,” May said in her sweetest voice,”It can’t be that bad.”

“Oh, fine,” Ash replied. He grudgingly followed May and Dawn into the lobby.

“May, you’re holding my hand,” Ash pointed out in a dull tone as May led him into the darkened theater. May blushed, although Ash could not see it, and let

go of the trainer’s hand. The trio settled down into the theater, which was devoid of life with the exception of several other people. The movie began, but

Ash was focused merely on his popcorn.

¬¬¬¬¬__________________

“Ouch!” yelled Ash as someone rudely shoved him.

“Wake up, the movie’s over,” said Dawn, who was clearly annoyed. The disgruntled trainer picked up Pikachu, who was asleep on his lap, and walked toward

the exit.

“What took you so long?” asked Brendan, yawning.

“I don’t know, I was asleep,” Ash said drowsily. The group walked out of the lobby and walked to the Pokémon Center, where they immediately fell asleep.

The next morning

As the group walked out of Solaceon Town, it suddenly began to rain.

“Oh man, I forgot to get ponchos!” Brock suddenly remembered.

“And I forgot to call Professor Oak to ask about Moltres!” added Ash.

“We’re only……32 miles from Veilstone,” groaned Brendan, checking his PokeNav.

“That’s not good. It’ll take us three days to get there,” said Brock. May and Dawn sighed.

Ash decided to strike up a conversation with May. “So what happened to Drew?” Ash asked, cringing as he said the name.

“Well, I hate him now,” May answered spitefully, “He beat me in a battle and rubbed it in my face for a long time. I think he’s still in Johto.” Ash felt that he

had just had a heavy burden removed, and his mood improved significantly.

Pikachu suddenly realized what had happened and snickered to itself. It jumped off Ash’s shoulder and shocked him lightly.

“AHH!” Ash screamed, “What did you do that for?!” Pikachu jumped back onto Ash’s shoulder.

“…also a tournament, and contest,” Brendan was telling Brock. At the sound of the word “contest” the two coordinators turned toward Brendan.

“You mean there’s a contest at the convention?” they asked together.

“Yeah, there’s a contest, and also a……” Before Brendan could finish his sentence, May and Dawn had dashed down the road, overly eager to reach

Sunyshore. Increasing their pace, the trainers and breeder attempted to catch up to their companions, to no avail.

Overhead, a Meowth-shaped balloon was being battered in the rainstorm.

“Why did we follow the twerps?” complained a purple-haired woman.

“But it was your idea!” a blue-haired man replied

“Well, next time I tell you not to do something, you should listen!” shouted the enraged woman.

Just then, a large gash appeared in the balloon.

“Dat’s not good!” screamed Meowth.

Team Rocket screamed in fear as their balloon plummeted toward the ground.

Again, please review if you can.

Last edited:

Lord Zant

Two jobs. ugh
“Hmm. Groudon vs. Kyogre vs. Deoxys,” mused Brock, “Seems like a good movie.”

“I think I’ll see this,” May said. Ash scanned the poster, which was in Japanese. It depicted a couple embracing. “Satoshi and Haruka” read the translation.

“I’d rather see the Groudon one,” said Ash distastefully, “That seems boring.”

“Come on Ash,” May said in her sweetest voice,”It can’t be that bad.”

“Oh, fine,” Ash replied. He grudgingly followed May and Dawn into the lobby.

"Groudon vs Kyogre vs Deoxys is a play on the upcoming movie, right? I laghed at that!

"Satoshi and Haruka" - Foreshadowing, perhaps?

And Ash already likes May enough that she can manipulate him. That was cute.

I'd be willing to bet that Moltres popped Team Rocket's balloon.

Good to hear about Drew, I just can't STAND him.

See ya,

~LZ~

-

Ash decided to strike up a conversation with May. “So what happened to Drew?” Ash asked, cringing as he said the name.

“Well, I hate him now,” May answered spitefully, “He beat me in a battle and rubbed it in my face for a long time. I think he’s still in Johto.” Ash felt that he had just had a heavy burden removed, and his mood improved significantly.

Pikachu suddenly realized what had happened and snickered to itself. It jumped off Ash’s shoulder and shocked him lightly.

“AHH!” Ash screamed, “What did you do that for?!” Pikachu jumped back onto Ash’s shoulder.
Oh right ,w00t ''dancing''. Score 1 for Ash and 0 forever for Drew! You little Pikachu, you know everything do ya? XD

swampert55

I'd be willing to bet that Moltres popped Team Rocket's balloon.
Well, no, there is a hailstorm.
Good to hear about Drew, I just can't STAND him.
Same here, that's why I am an Advanceshipper.
You little Pikachu, you know everything do ya?
It does share its trainer's feelings...

Well, here's chapter 5, enjoy!

Chapter 5

The two coordinators, finally worn out, stopped to rest in a shallow cave, which provided respite from the rain that was still falling. Ash, Brock and Brendan

were farther behind. Suddenly, shards of ice started falling from the sky.

“It’s hail!” Ash warned, “But why is hail falling here?”

That doesn’t matter right now, Ash!” Brock shouted, “We should get to that cave!” The three trainers, bent double to avoid the hail, rushed into the cave.

Once they had reached shelter, another issue arose: Ash’s stomach.

“I’m hungry. When was the last time we ate?” complained Ash.

“Uh, two hours ago?” Brendan answered quizzically.

“Well, I should have food,” Brock said, emptying the contents of his backpack on the floor of the cave. “Oh man, the rain ruined it!” Ash groaned loudly.

“Well, we should see if we have anything else,” Dawn suggested. Complying, Ash and Brendan emptied their backpacks. Ash’s contained a PokeNav, his

sleeping bag, empty Pokeballs, a Hyper Potion, and a small package of crackers, which he promptly devoured. Brendan’s contained a PDA, a PokeNav, a Snag

Machine, several Ultra Balls, another Revive, and his sleeping bag.

“Sorry, no food,” said Brendan. However, Ash had already realized that. He was calling Professor Oak on his PokeNav.

“Professor, we were attacked by a Moltres. Do you know why Moltres is in Sinnoh?” Ash asked.

“Well Ash, It might have something to do with a purple Lugia that was sighted in Hoenn. Also, random weather is occurring everywhere,” the Professor replied.

“I know. It’s hailing where we are. Thanks, Professor! Bye!” Ash said hastily.

“Ash, wait! Don’t…” Oak’s voice was cut off as Ash hung up.

“A purple Lugia?! That’s not good!” exclaimed Brendan, picking up his own PokeNav. “I’m calling my friend Michael. He lives in Orre,” explained the trainer.

“Hello?” the voice on the other end of the line said.

“Hey Mike, it’s me, Brendan. What’s this about Shadow Lugia in Hoenn? Why did Cipher release it?” Brendan said urgently.

“They arrested an Admin in Pyrite a few days ago.” Michael began, “The remaining fragment of Cipher released Shadow Lugia because the Admin was in

possession of documents describing how to purify it. Apparently what’s left of Cipher has also moved its base.”

“So where’s Cipher now?” asked Brendan.

“No one knows, but we do know that Cipher has infiltrated other regions,” replied Michael.

“Thanks Mike. I’ll call back later.” With that Brendan hung up. “I guess I should use this now,” the trainer said, fitting the Snag Machine on his left arm.

Ash’s stomach growled again. “I can’t believe we’re stuck here without food!” he complained loudly. “Ouch! What did you do that for?!” he yelled at Dawn,

who had just slapped him in the face.

“Stop complaining! It’s only been two hours before lunch!” she countered. Pikachu, however, electrocuted the two before the small area turned into a war

zone.

Four hours later

Dawn and Brock were asleep in their sleeping bags, Brock snoring loudly. Brendan was lying on his stomach, reading the entries in his Pokedex out of boredom.

Ash and May, who had been sustaining a quiet conversation, were now silent. The only sound was the hail, still bombarding the trees outside. May, still sitting

up, closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep. Involuntarily, her upper body leaned over until her head was resting on top of Ash’s shoulder. The trainer did not

notice, as he had been asleep for some time. Brendan, who had finally finished with his Pokedex, had also fallen asleep.

The loud noise jarred the trainers awake. May, blushing intensively, lifted her head off Ash’s shoulder.

“It’s my PokeNav,” muttered Brendan. He picked it up and glanced at the person on the screen.

“Hey Mike. Why are you calling now? It’s 4AM!” the owner of the PokeNav said to his friend.

“Well, I did some research. Apparently, Moltres travels to volcanoes in different regions in order to heal itself in the lava. Stark Mountain is in Sinnoh. While

Moltres was there, several people attempted to capture it. It broke free and flew away, toward Mt. Chimney in Hoenn. The attempted captors are now in

custody.” explained Michael.

“That explains why it was so angry,” replied Brendan, “but what does that have to do with Shadow Lugia?”

“Well, here’s the catch,” said Michael, “those people were from Cipher.”

“WHAT?!” shouted Brendan in shock, “Why would they want Moltres? Cipher is fragmented and is virtually powerless. They have no leader.”

“Exactly.” replied Michael, “With the fall of Team Galactic, Cipher seeks a new reign. In Sinnoh.”

After thanking Michael, Brendan hung up. The others stared at him in stunned silence.

Brock was the first to speak. “What exactly does Cipher do?” he asked.

“They steal Pokémon, and then transform them into Shadow Pokémon, Pokémon that are evil, and also stronger than their normal form. This,” he said,

indicating the Snag Machine on his left arm, “is a Snag Machine. It allows a trainer to capture Shadow Pokémon using ordinary Pokeballs. Once snagged, they

can be purified in a long, difficult rehabilitation.”

“Sounds like Team Rocket,” noted Ash. Brendan nodded.

“We should leave now,” he suggested, “the hail has stopped.” The group packed up their belongings, and walked outside. It was still semi-dark out, but the

fresh air was refreshing. The blue sky of the new day gave no indication of the hailstorm that occurred last night. The group continued down the road to

Veilstone.

The destroyed balloon plummeted to the ground, crashing in a grove of trees. The dazed occupants climbed out.

“Well, that was pointless,” James pointed out.

“Yeah, but I told you to get a better balloon,” said Jessie.

“But you wanted to get the cheaper balloon,” James replied.

“Next time, you do what I tell you and buy the better balloon!” Jessie screamed. James had enough experience not to answer, but he noticed something else.

“Hey, isn’t that the twerps?” he asked his teammates. Jessie and Meowth turned around.

“Well, what are you waiting for? Follow them!” Jessie commanded. James and Meowth nodded, and immediately devised a plan to steal Pikachu.

Ash, on the other hand, had come across something he was in dire need of: food.

“Wow! A berry tree!” exclaimed the hungry trainer, as he grabbed every berry he could reach and crammed them into his mouth. With the exception of May,

who also ate as much as possible, the others were slightly more conservative. Right after they had finished eating, a heavy downpour began, turning the road

into mud. Swampert, being a Mud Fish Pokémon, didn’t mind, but Pikachu was careful to stay on its trainer’s shoulder. After trudging through the mud for a

short time, the group reached a river, swollen by the rainstorm. The opposite bank was flat and sandy, but the side they were on was a steep cliff, with a

five-meter drop to the water.

“How are we going to cross this?” asked Dawn. None of them had any time to answer, however, as Team Rocket sprung their trap. Cacnea launched a Pin

Missile, which missed its target, but instead made the unstable cliff collapse. The trainers fell into the torrent of water below them. Brendan, aided by

Swampert, reached the opposite bank quickly. Dawn, clinging to her Buizel, and Brock, assisted by Brendan’s Mantine, also reached safety. Pikachu also

managed to swim across the river. Unfortunately, neither Ash nor May (or Team Rocket) had water Pokémon with them, and they were swept downstream by

the current.

What do you think? This is my longest chapter so far so please review!

Last edited:
-

“A purple Lugia?! That’s not good!” exclaimed Brendan
I thought is black, why is it purple? I can't imagine Brendan wearing a Snag Machine. You take stories out of Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness did ya?

Lord Zant

Two jobs. ugh
“Exactly.” replied Michael, “With the fall of Team Galactic, Cipher seeks a new reign. In Sinnoh.”
Michael is the default name in XD, right?

“Well, I did some research. Apparently, Moltres travels to volcanoes in different regions in order to heal itself in the lava. Stark Mountain is in Sinnoh. While

Moltres was there, several people attempted to capture it. It broke free and flew away, toward Mt. Chimney in Hoenn. The attempted captors are now in

custody.” explained Michael.

“That explains why it was so angry,” replied Brendan, “but what does that have to do with Shadow Lugia?”

“Well, here’s the catch,” said Michael, “those people were from Cipher.”
Ah, so THAT'S why. Cool.

This,” he said,

indicating the Snag Machine on his left arm, “is a Snag Machine. It allows a trainer to capture Shadow Pokémon using ordinary Pokeballs. Once snagged, they

can be purified in a long, difficult rehabilitation.”
Cool! I never played colloseum/XD, so this is all pretty awesome!

Can't wait for next chapter!

swampert55

I thought is black, why is it purple?
I think it's purple, it could look black to you.
You take stories out of Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness did ya?
Yeah, that's a very good game.
Michael is the default name in XD, right?
Yes.
Can't wait for next chapter!
It should be up tomorrow. PM me for a spoiler, I can't get the spoiler to work in the post.

Last edited:

freedom-123

AAMayL supporter
omg they are gonna be washed up in flower paradise xD yes thats what should happen...and dam that ash how can he sleep wen he is with may very inconsiderate!

swampert55

First, I will clear up a few things.

-Brendan is in R/S clothing.

-This takes place 2 years after story mode of Pokemon XD.

how can he sleep wen he is with may very inconsiderate!
They won't be together for long, besides there is also Team Rocket.

Chapter 6

May opened her eyes. She was lying facedown on sandy ground. Looking up, she saw Ash a few feet away from her. Team Rocket was further downstream.

The coordinator got up and attempted to revive her friend.

“Uh, what happened?” Ash groaned. Suddenly, he got up. “Where’s Pikachu?!” he asked urgently.

“It’s probably with the others. I think it can swim,” May assured.

“Where are the others anyway?” the trainer asked.

“They had water Pokémon, and they got across. We didn’t, and neither did they,” replied May, indicating Team Rocket. Ash checked his belt.

“I have all my other Pokémon,” he said, “but I’m still worried about Pikachu.”

“Pikachu should be okay,” the coordinator reassured, “We should find the others, just follow the river upstream.” The river had returned to its original size,

and Ash speculated that several hours had passed. Inevitably, his stomach growled.

“I can’t believe we have no food,” Ash complained. May didn’t respond.

“We should use our Pokémon,” May suggested, “Go, Beautifly!” An elegant butterfly Pokémon emerged from its Pokeball, immediately landing on its trainer’s

head.

“Staraptor, I choose you!” From Ash’s Pokeball came a large, black and white streaked Pokémon with a red crest on its forehead. Staraptor trilled harshly, not

recognizing the coordinator standing next to its trainer.

“We need to find the others,” Ash explained. Staraptor spread its wings and took off, its counterpart trailing in its wake.

With a flash of light, a Dragonite materialized in front of its trainer.

“Dragonite, find Ash and May,” commanded Brendan.

“You too, Crobat,” Brock added to his small purple Pokémon. The two flew off downstream, parting ways shortly after.

“We can’t just stand here,” said Brock, “let’s go.” Without another word, the trainers began walking toward the direction of their missing companions.

Staraptor, being highly competitive, sought to battle any opponent it thought worthy. Its next target: Dragonite. Not recognizing it as Brendan’s, Staraptor

wheeled and hit it from below with an Aerial Ace. Dragonite recoiled slightly. It didn’t recognize its attacker as Ash’s either, and proceeded to strike it with a

Thunderbolt. Staraptor responded with Steel Wing, but was intercepted by a Flamethrower. After another devastating Thunderbolt, Staraptor attempted to

land to recover. However, it was pursued by its opponent, who launched its Outrage. With no more energy left to fly, let alone fight back, Staraptor crashed

into the forest floor. Its intended victim roared in triumph.

“Hey, don’t leave us here!” Jessie yelled desperately.

“Why? This was your fault!” May shot back, as Team Rocket caught up to them.

“Hey, what’s dat?” Meowth asked. Something black crashed into the forest floor slightly ahead of the group.

“Staraptor!” its trainer cried, “What happened?!”

“Star. Staraptor. Star.” it said weakly.

“It says it attacked a Dragonite,” Meowth translated, “but it lost badly.” May looked up at the orange Pokémon circling above them.

“Isn’t that Brendan’s Dragonite?” asked the coordinator curiously. Spotting them, Dragonite descended.

“Dragonite. Dragon. Dragonite.” it said.

Meowth translated again. “It says it was looking for you two when dat Staraptor came outta nowhere and attacked it. Well, obviously it fought back.”

Suddenly, they were joined by a Crobat.

“That’s Brock’s,” Ash pointed out. As if on cue, the breeder ran into the small clearing.

“Ash! Are you alright? What happened to Staraptor?” he asked urgently.

“Staraptor attacked Brendan’s Dragonite by mistake,” Ash explained, “And it lost badly.”

“I can tell,” Brock said, “Here, take this.” The breeder handed Ash a Hyper Potion, which he immediately sprayed on the injured Pokémon. At that moment,

Dragonite’s trainer ran up to them.

“Your Staraptor’s powerful,” he remarked, “but it’s incredibly reckless.”

“Well, I guess it takes after its trainer,” May said, giggling.

“Come on, I’m not that reckless,” Ash replied.

“Now that’s an understatement,” added Brock. Ash, who was starting to get annoyed, was distracted by Pikachu, who jumped onto his shoulder. However, a

mechanical arm grabbed the small Pokémon and retracted back to its operators.

“Team Rocket!” Ash yelled, turning around. The thieves were already fleeing into the woods.

“Dragonite, Thunderbolt now!” commanded Brendan. The electricity destroyed the mechanical arm, allowing Pikachu to use its own electric attack.

“Team Rocket’s blasting off again!” screamed the trio as they disappeared into the sky.

Dawn was checking the map on her Poketch. “We’re only two miles from Veilstone!” she cried gleefully.

Recalling his Staraptor, Ash began walking toward the road, which was about twenty meters away. Once he reached the road, he began running toward

Veilstone at an incredible pace…one he could not maintain. After a short distance, he stopped, gasping for breath.

“What’s the big hurry?” Dawn asked Brock.

“He’s probably hungry,” the breeder replied nonchalantly.

After a full meal in a Veilstone restaurant, the group temporally parted ways. Dawn went to the department store to purchase clothing, while May asked her

remaining companions to watch her practice her appeals. Brock had something different on his mind.

“I’m going to meet some girls!” he said hastily, and ran out the Pokémon Center. Between Brendan and Ash, neither wanted to watch practice appeals. Ash

had his fair share, being forced to watch Dawn practice nearly every day; Brendan, being a trainer who thought appeals were boring, also sought an excuse

to leave. The latter reacted first.

“I have to…um…call Michael!” he said, immediately rushing over to the bank of videophones.

“Well, what are you waiting for, come on!” May encouraged Ash, who was standing there dumbstruck. Ash slowly followed the eager coordinator to the

battlefield in the back of the Pokémon Center. He sat down and made a valiant attempt to avoid falling asleep. He was pulled out of his predicament by a loud

outburst of thunder, followed by a downpour. The surprised trainer quickly rushed inside. His counterpart followed not soon after. Brendan turned around from

the videophone and saw Ash and May, both soaking wet and dripping water from their clothes.

“It’s raining again, isn’t it?” Brendan asked, “There’s a towel in the room.” He said goodbye to Michael, and accompanied Ash and May into the elevator. When

they reached their floor, Ash immediately grabbed the key card and opened the door. He rushed inside, desperate to grab the towel.

After drying off, May turned on the television. “Hey Ash, you’re on TV!” she yelled. It was Ash’s final battle against Brandon. Pikachu had just attacked Regice

with a Volt Tackle, ending the battle. Ash and Brendan arrived just in time to see Ash hugging Pikachu before the camera switched scenes.

“This match was held at the Battle Tower in Hoenn,” said the announcer as the camera panned out to a large stadium. Ash recognized it immediately.

“That’s the place where I accidentally registered for a battle!” he shouted.

“And that’s me,” Brendan said in surprise. The camera zoomed in on the large electronic display. On one side was a picture of Brendan, with three lit Pokeball

symbols beneath it. The other side had a picture of a brown-haired girl, who was wearing a white hat, sleeveless light blue shirt, and red miniskirt. *The

referee’s voice came on.

“This will be a match between Leaf and Brendan!” he said, “Standard Battle Tower rules apply: three Pokémon per trainer. First to knock out all of their

opponent’s Pokémon wins. Begin!” The referee raised his arms.

“Tropius, I choose you!” Leaf shouted, throwing a Pokeball. A large brown Pokémon materialized. It had large leaves growing on its back, and a bunch of fruit

hanging from the top of its neck.

“Go, Mantine!” shouted Brendan. The Kite Pokémon appeared in front of Brendan. Mantine hovered a meter off the ground, periodically flapping its wings.

“Mantine, Confuse Ray!” ordered its trainer. Mantine’s fins glowed purple, and it emitted a sinister ray that struck Tropius’s neck. A blank look immediately

came over the Fruit Pokémon’s face. Brendan took advantage of his opponent’s lag to order an Ice Beam, which hit with amazing precision, due to Tropius’s

slow response time. However, Tropius quickly recovered from confusion, allowing Leaf to order a Magical Leaf. The attack struck Mantine’s left wing, which it

had raised as a defensive tactic. Another Ice Beam quickly took down Tropius. Leaf recalled Tropius and took out another Pokeball.

“Go, Feraligatr!” she shouted. An intimidating blue Pokémon with orange spikes down the length of its spine and a large jaw materialized. It growled at its

opponent menacingly.

“Feraligatr, Iron Tail!” commanded Leaf. Feraligatr’s tail glowed brightly, and it charged its opponent with amazing speed. The attack hit head-on, seriously

weakening Mantine. Brendan ordered a Water Pulse, which caused Feraligatr to recoil slightly.

“Now’s your chance, Feraligatr!” its trainer encouraged, “Dynamicpunch!” The powerful punch knocked Mantine to the ground and rendered it fainted. Brendan

recalled Mantine, and sent out his Dragonite.

“Feraligatr, Ice Beam!” Leaf commanded. The super effective attack hit home before its target could react.

“Thunderbolt, Dragonite!” its trained shouted. The Dragon Pokémon launched a powerful streak of electricity, briefly illuminating its target in a bright yellow

glow. However, another Ice Beam brought down Dragonite. Brendan was now down to his final Pokémon.

“Swampert, I choose you!” he shouted, sending out his trusted partner. “Earthquake!” Swampert jumped high into the air, somersaulted, and landed with a

huge impact. It was impossible for Leaf to do anything. Feraligatr, who had already taken large amounts of damage, collapsed in the middle of the arena.

Recalling Feraligatr, Leaf sent out her last Pokémon.

“Ampharos, I choose you!” Leaf shouted. The Beacon Pokémon appeared, but Leaf knew she was doomed.

“Swampert, Earthquake!” commanded Brendan. One Earthquake was enough. The electric-type Ampharos collapsed, unable to withstand the super effective

attack. The referee raised his red flag.

“Ampharos is unable to battle. Swampert is the winner!” he ruled, “Congratulations, Brendan, this is your 100th victory! We present you with this Gold Shield!”

The referee presented Brendan with a golden statue in the shape of a shield.

“Wow, that was a great battle!” Ash commented, “But my battle against Brandon was-“

The lights and television went out before Ash could finish.

Last edited:

Standard Writer

Angst Writer
{Been absent from here for a while.}

Very original to connect the plot from XD into a shipping fic that takes place in the anime. Creative.

Overall, what I like about this fic, is that obviously the plot here is more occuring in this fic, than the induivial shippiness. Cipher is gonna play somewhat of a role, obviously and I'm looking forward to what else you've got.

Note: Descriptions could be improved to an extent.

Staraptor responded with Steel Wing, but was intercepted by a Flamethrower.

Now we improve it.

Staraptor responded after the electrical blast damaged it, by it's wings becoming a clear, silver color, while remaining solid as steel. The flying type proceeded to slam into it's opponent with the iron wings, but was intercepted by a stream of rapid fire.