• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Reunion Battles In Nimbasa! (700)

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I guess Cabernet must be staying to watch how things play out, otherwise they wouldn't have included her in the end shot despite the fact she's out.

As for the others people.

Considering we all knew Langley was going to advance, I felt bad for her opponent, not only getting ignored by the rivalry between her and Iris, but then Iris started yelling at the poor guy too, also gotta feel for his Joltik since I think this is the first time in the anime...well other than Snorlax episodes...where a pokemon's size did matter.

That guy who own's the deerling seems abit suspicious to me, i'm not saying he's Tepig's trainer, but what if he was the guy responsible for Tepig being released, the way his Deerling dispatched his opponent so quickly makes me wonder.

Another person with a Tranquil, and this one knows Sky Attack? Writers do us a favor and get rid of Ash and Trip's Tranquils if your not going to focus on them, seriously there is no excuse for that, people talk about trolling, and I saw that as a huge troll move.

I'm kind of suprised how the battle with Stoutland turned out, it wasn't exactly cheap nor was it bad, though I gotta say having a mud ball getting thrown into your mouth has gotta hurt something major, I really hope Palpitoad has more than three moves. I for one am not disapointed in the way it acted, I didn't want it going awol and costing Ash the match, and I still believe that it's personality will come back once it locks eyes with Oshawott but we'll have to see if it holds a grudge against the pokemon who caused it to get caught, either way i thought it interacting with Ash was kinda cute, despite the pokemon's appearance.

Kinda suprised Trip made no comment on it though, you'd figured he would've been like. "He stole my prey." or something, kinda want to know what he and Dent said to each other as well.

Very nice opening, hopefully Ash didn't put Pikachu down as his third pokemon or i'm gonna hope that when the final round comes others can be used too, otherwise we ain't gonna see much out of this thing other than Palpitoad debuting and beating up a pokemon ash had trouble with before, funny how he's beaten Lillipup's evo's but not the base form.

Zorua is an awsome pokemon, I just hope that it doesn't end up with Iris from what some people have been saying...

Pikachu asked him to input him in the tournament, Satoshi even called him taishou of the team if I heard well aka captain.

just because he said that doesn't mean Pikachu will be used for certain, after all Pikachu's always the team captain even outside of things like this, it is Ash's first pokemon.

Dax

Legend
Every single interaction was excellent but my favorite one was Iris' and Langley's. They are just nasty to each other. It's funny to see Iris act just as immature as Langley.

You just gotta love Joltik vs. Beartic. It was like a dog scratching himself because of a flea. I thought it was funny how it was defeated especially because of Beartic's expression.

Tranquill battle! I wish Ash's Tranquill was like that Tranquill, you know, used in battle. Does anyone know what attacked it used? Also that Tranquill looked different from Ash's. Could it be the gender difference?

I understand why Iris and Cilan are shocked by Ash using Palpitoad, but why Luke, Bianca, Langley and the others? Is a trainer using a pokemon in battle for the first time shocking? Is it because they were shocked by Palpitoad's uglyness? I don't get it... it's not any different than Burgundy revealing she has a Stoutland. Nobody made a fuss about that.

Palpitoad won me over. I love that armless creature! It was a great way to debut his/her battle skills under Ash. Can't wait to see more from this toad.

Overall amazing episode. My only complain is Pikachu. I don't care if it's one of Ash's strongest. The excuse that Pikachu needs to battle is nonsense. Why? Because it already did. It was in two gyms already starring in the last one. It needed to sit this one out for someone like Roggenrola, Swadloon or Tranquill.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Tranquill battle! I wish Ash's Tranquill was like that Tranquill, you know, used in battle. Does anyone know what attacked it used?

I believe it was Sky Attack...further making Ash's seem more useless and Trip's slowly getting to that point.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Alright... so much happened here. I loved all the interactions and all the faces made in this episode. As strange as this sounds, I liked Palpitoad's expressions as well even though its such an ugly pokemon. Poor Stoutland and Joltik. One was squished and one ate mud.

Also I don't think its just three pokemon for the whole tourney cause there are 4 rounds...

magicallypuzzled

the way i see it, it'll be one pokemon each for the first three rounds a different pokmon each time (palpitoad round 1 snivy round 2 pikachu round 3) and yeah people saying it isn't confirmed that pikachu is the third pokemon are in denial. if the point of pikachu always being the team captain had any merit there'd be no point to ash calling him that now would there? with the final round being all three pokemon either in a standard 3v3 or in a triple/rotaional battle.

Last edited:

Miar

Wigglytuff Guild recruit
Yay, Palpitoad and Stoutland.

And Yoshihiko = already my favorite COTD (er, 2 Days)

Lots of emotions from the characters too, especially regarding the rivalries that will never be settled. And the tournament's gearing up into something special (it better be if it's a 4-part with a one week break in the middle of it)

Easy 10/10

gliscor&yanmega

Alright... so much happened here. I loved all the interactions and all the faces made in this episode. As strange as this sounds, I liked Palpitoad's expressions as well even though its such an ugly pokemon. Poor Stoutland and Joltik. One was squished and one ate mud.

Also I don't think its just three pokemon for the whole tourney cause there are 4 rounds...

Well there were only three Pokeballs on the sign up sheet, which most likely is where you write what Pokemon you're using. Plus Iris and Cilan have only three Pokemon(Luke may only have three as well, the others may have more then three though), so why would they enter or even be allowed to enter if they wouldn't even be able to meet the standards of the tournament?

I think most people think that the final round will be using all three of the Pokemon you used, either a regular 3 vs 3 or a triple/rotation battle.

(it better be if it's a 4-part with a one week break in the middle of it)

Actually, I think there are two week breaks(But it's two two weeks of waiting when you count the normal one week wait for the next episode). Next week is no episode, and same for the 28th of July. So the schedule looks like this:

July 7th-First episode

July 14th-No episode due to Pokemon showing the re-run of the last movie

July 21-Second episode

July 28-No episode due to Naruto having two episodes this day

August 4th-Third episode(Maybe final episode if Pokemon has a one hour special, although it's probably not likely)

August 11th-Final episode

So that's two weeks of no episodes(Both of which come to two weeks of waiting each).

Last edited:

gohan5

Irisboy
Pikachu asked him to input him in the tournament, Satoshi even called him taishou of the team if I heard well aka captain.

I don't know about that, but when Pikachu asked to be in the tournament Ash sounded like he said of course he'd enter him. Also, when deciding which Pokemon to use against Burgundy Iris asks him if he'd be using Tepig, Snivy, or Pikachu. Ash walks over to Pikachu and tells him that the captain's turn hasn't come yet. Take all of this with a grain of salt because my Japanese may not be so well :p

I understand why Iris and Cilan are shocked by Ash using Palpitoad, but why Luke, Bianca, Langley and the others? Is a trainer using a pokemon in battle for the first time shocking? Is it because they were shocked by Palpitoad's uglyness? I don't get it... it's not any different than Burgundy revealing she has a Stoutland. Nobody made a fuss about that.

Maybe they were expecting Oshawott :D Palpitoad is an interesting Pokemon.

Akira Takamedo

Wait, really? Nimbasa Town? A place that's a miniaturized version of and borders Nimbasa City?

Is it right to be confused?

Oh well, anyway, seeing Team Rocket act how they were in the buildup from the first several episodes of the series is getting me really excited.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I don't know about that, but when Pikachu asked to be in the tournament Ash sounded like he said of course he'd enter him. Also, when deciding which Pokemon to use against Burgundy Iris asks him if he'd be using Tepig, Snivy, or Pikachu. Ash walks over to Pikachu and tells him that the captain's turn hasn't come yet. Take all of this with a grain of salt because my Japanese may not be so well :p

Yeah from what i heard that was what they said... I even thing Don George and the hosting guy were surprised as well.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
-Today, our heroes...wait, it's TR. In Nimbasa City! Which looks pretty damned awesome, I must say. (the city, not TR. Although TR *is* back in their neat trenchcoats.)
-Okay, NOW we're with our heroes. Who are in Nimbasa Town. I'd question there being a Nimbasa City *and* a Nimbasa Town, but the place I grew up with also had a weird "there's technically a City of X and a Town of X even though there's no good reason for it" thing going on, so...
-Haha, Nimbasa Town has a cheap knockoff of Nimbasa City's ferris wheel.
-Pffft, the bobblehead twerp reaction to WAIT THIS IS NIMBASA *TOWN*?! is priceless.
-Ash gets over it pretty quickly once he hears the phrase "battle tournament." Oh, Ash.
-BIANCA INCOMING
-Bianca is always going to knock Ash into water, isn't she?
-...are they doing a montage of Bianca's previous crashes knocking Ash into water? ...aww, nope. It was just one flashback.
-Ash, you have got to stop stripping half-naked in the middle of city streets.
-Bianca runs off to sign up for the tournament, and Ash sneezes because the writers apparently needed to fill up an extra ten seconds of air time.
-Luke tries to film something, Bianca sticks her face in his camera, and...there are suddenly two Biancas on screen what is going on here-oh wait, Zorua.
-Bianca pulls an Iris and goes all EEEEEEE over the cute little fox before trying to catch it.
-After throwing a Pokeball fails, she tries (and fails) to convince Luke to just give it to her, then tries (and fails) to sweet-talk Zorua into joining her. It's like a metaphor for all those people who refused to believe that Ash wasn't getting a Zorua.
-Looks like people are stuck with the same 3 Pokemon for the whole tournament.
-CABERNET DETECTED. Complete with a flashback to her being terrible at Sommelier...ing.
-Dento actually looks kind of weirded out at Cabernet's singleminded revenge goal. (as opposed to last time he met her, where he was all "yeah sure become a good sommelier whatever")
-BONJOUR, NEW TASTING TIME SIE V'OUPLA-
-and then a Zebstrika walked in front of Cabernet.
-Oh hey, it's Kenyan! And Ash still can't pronounce his name correctly!
-AND THEN LANGLEY SHOWED UP. I'm pretty sure that having Langley and Cabernet within ten feet of each other will cause an explosion from the critical mass of jerk in the area.
-Oh god, Iris has the BEST faces.
-...Zorua stepped in to help Iris make fun of Langley. That is amazing.
-And then Ash notices that Trip's around, too(although he's not currently part of the group of people gawking at Iris & Langley's cat fight). He talks at him, and Trip...basically ignores him. Oh Ash, you really believe that Trip gives a shit about you.
-The tournament's opening ceremony starts, and...I spy a Lance rip-off among the contestants.
-Those dumb feathers that raise a single stat by 1EV are the prize? Lame.
-...there are random Pokemon in the crowd. I guess they like to watch battles too, but it still looks...off.
-OH MY GOD LOOK AT THOSE GIANT DON GEORGE STATUES. WHY ARE THOSE NOT THE PRIZE.
-Matchup 1: Langley vs a nameless nobody who is obviously going to lose!
-...ahahaha, Langley's calling Iris a kid now. Turnabout is hilarious play!
-then a bunch of nameless nobodies are matched up, until we get to...
-CABERNET VS ASH. Cabernet says something about a sparkling drink. Are all sommeliers required to pepper their speech with food/drink references to the point of senselessness?
-Then Cabernet mentions that her real target is Dento, who...is even more weirded out than he was before. You know you're a crazy when you're managing to disturb Dento without ruining any of his food.
-After that, the next matchup is revealed to be Trip vs Dento. Both of whom are boringly civil with each other.
-Bianca vs Kenyan is shown next. I guess that'll be interesting if only because Bianca is insane. Hopefully this is the last time we'll have to hear the "haha people pronounce Kenyan's name wrong" ..."joke"...in this arc.
-Next is Luke vs some nameless nobody who is weirded out by having a camera stuck in his face. ...you know, it's almost too bad that we didn't get a CAMERA VS CAMERA BATTLE OF THE CENTURY in the form of Trip VS Luke. But oh well.
-Last but not least is Iris versus some goddamned freak in a Watchhog suit.
-Iris looks for him, and when she notices him...the music cuts out and he gives her a creepy smile which (obviously) creeps Iris the fuck out. STRANGER DANGER! STRANGER DANGER!
-Time for Round 1!
-Langley & Iris are officially the best rival/main character duo. They just hate each other so much that it's downright hilarious.
-Langley sends out her Beartic to fight Some Nobody's...Joltik. Aw, lookatit it's so TINY and CUTE andandand.
-As it turns out, really tiny things are also really hard to hit. And then they can jump on your back and shock you and nobody cares because LOOK AT THE JOLTIK IT IS SO CUTE.
-And then Beartic lands on its back, squishinig Joltik to dea-I mean, knocking it out. Langley wins without doing a damned thing!
-blah blah nameless nobodies fighting each other blah
-Now it's time for Cabernet VS Ash. The crazy (though somehow not as crazy as Langley) vs the...well, Ash.
-Dento helpfully reminds Ash of the Pokemon Cabernet has used before. Because those are clearly the only two Pokemon she'll ever have.
-Cabernet just can't stop talking about how she only cares about beating Dento. Jesus christ woman, why even sign up for a tournament if you only want to defeat the one dude?
-Cabernet sends out her "new vintage"(isn't that a giant contradiction?)...MUSTASCHE! I mean Muttstasche. I mean Stoutland.
-Why is Ash sending out Palpitoad so shocking to EVERYONE? I mean, I get Dento and Iris being shocked, but Luke, Trip, Langely, Bianca, AND Kenyan too?
-Cabernet gets off to a decent start by having Muttstasche...er, I mean, Stoutland use Take Down(?), but follows it up with...Thunder Fang. Dento takes the opportunity to look smug at Cabernet's ignorance of Palpitoad's type.
-But wait! She just used it so she could follow it up with Ice Fang! ...why not just use Ice Fang from the start, then?
-Palpitoad breaks free. ...and now Cabernet's ordering Fire Fang? The hell is wrong with you, woman?
-Ew, Mud Shot straight in the mouth.
-And then the world's greatest mustasche is KOed by a Hydro Pump.
-Back in the stands, Zorua is missing! Langley helpfully points Bianca towards where Zorua went, and then Langely comes up behind Langely and wonders what the hell Langely is doing pretending to be Langely.
-Next is Trip vs Dento! Don George points out that Dento is/was the Striaton Gym Leader(does nobody question why he just randomly left his gym?), which is a nice touch. But that battle has to wait until next episode! ...which isn't until two weeks from. GODDAMMIT.

Most of the great parts of this ep were in the "everyone meets everyone else" part, and I have no problem with that...for now. Hopefully the rest of the tournament arc eps manage to have good enough battles to make up for that. (not that there was anything wrong with today's battles, but they were obviously rushed a bit since 70% of the episode was used on character meetings+revealing all the of the first round battles)

Rizardon

Boulder Trainer
I'm surprised how friendly Gamagaru turned out to be with Ash.

I was seriously worried after seeing his mean personality in the catching episode that he'd be a problem Pokémon, but he came through. Here's to hoping he'll evolve in the near future.

DynoStretch

The Other White Meat

Maybe they were surprised Ash actually owns Pokemon besides the region starters and basic bird. Everyone I know is surprised he's actually catching more then 5 Pokemon in this arc. FD

Next is Trip vs Dento!

*hands off hat and holds it to his chest*

Good bye Cilan, we hardly knew ye.

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
- -Last but not least is Iris versus some goddamned freak in a Watchhog suit.
-Iris looks for him, and when she notices him...the music cuts out and he gives her a creepy smile which (obviously) creeps Iris the fuck out. STRANGER DANGER! STRANGER DANGER!

Most of the great parts of this ep were in the "everyone meets everyone else" part, and I have no problem with that...for now. Hopefully the rest of the tournament arc eps manage to have good enough battles to make up for that. (not that there was anything wrong with today's battles, but they were obviously rushed a bit since 70% of the episode was used on character meetings+revealing all the of the first round battles)

The Watchog Guy bit is my new favourite moment from this series now. I lol'd.

I'm sure the other battles will be fine. We've gotten the introductions and such out of the way now, so that leaves time for around 2 or 3 good battles each episode. Plus there was no need to see the random people battle for long anyway, and Ash got a decent battle so it's all good.

Overall, a good episode. Probably my favourite of the series so far.