• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Reunion Battles In Nimbasa! (700)

DynoStretch

The Other White Meat
Ya sure about that? ;) Dento can beat that Trip, he's got the talent and skillz.

Yes, but Trip has the omnipotent serious-business rival powers that allow him to defy consistency and logic. :D

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
maybe now that Ash has beaten her, Burgandy will get off his back about his pokemon

Or decide that it was all pure luck and now declares to get revenge on Ash and enter the league.

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
This is gonna be an exciting tourney.... since everyone's in it... My guess is it will be a close battle between Trip and Cilan... After all he is a gym leader

RickHoenn

Banned
-Today, our heroes...wait, it's TR. In Nimbasa City! Which looks pretty damned awesome, I must say. (the city, not TR. Although TR *is* back in their neat trenchcoats.)
-Okay, NOW we're with our heroes. Who are in Nimbasa Town. I'd question there being a Nimbasa City *and* a Nimbasa Town, but the place I grew up with also had a weird "there's technically a City of X and a Town of X even though there's no good reason for it" thing going on, so...
-Haha, Nimbasa Town has a cheap knockoff of Nimbasa City's ferris wheel.
-Pffft, the bobblehead twerp reaction to WAIT THIS IS NIMBASA *TOWN*?! is priceless.
-Ash gets over it pretty quickly once he hears the phrase "battle tournament." Oh, Ash.
-BIANCA INCOMING
-Bianca is always going to knock Ash into water, isn't she?
-...are they doing a montage of Bianca's previous crashes knocking Ash into water? ...aww, nope. It was just one flashback.
-Ash, you have got to stop stripping half-naked in the middle of city streets.
-Bianca runs off to sign up for the tournament, and Ash sneezes because the writers apparently needed to fill up an extra ten seconds of air time.
-Luke tries to film something, Bianca sticks her face in his camera, and...there are suddenly two Biancas on screen what is going on here-oh wait, Zorua.
-Bianca pulls an Iris and goes all EEEEEEE over the cute little fox before trying to catch it.
-After throwing a Pokeball fails, she tries (and fails) to convince Luke to just give it to her, then tries (and fails) to sweet-talk Zorua into joining her. It's like a metaphor for all those people who refused to believe that Ash wasn't getting a Zorua.
-Looks like people are stuck with the same 3 Pokemon for the whole tournament.
-CABERNET DETECTED. Complete with a flashback to her being terrible at Sommelier...ing.
-Dento actually looks kind of weirded out at Cabernet's singleminded revenge goal. (as opposed to last time he met her, where he was all "yeah sure become a good sommelier whatever")
-BONJOUR, NEW TASTING TIME SIE V'OUPLA-
-and then a Zebstrika walked in front of Cabernet.
-Oh hey, it's Kenyan! And Ash still can't pronounce his name correctly!
-AND THEN LANGLEY SHOWED UP. I'm pretty sure that having Langley and Cabernet within ten feet of each other will cause an explosion from the critical mass of jerk in the area.
-Oh god, Iris has the BEST faces.
-...Zorua stepped in to help Iris make fun of Langley. That is amazing.
-And then Ash notices that Trip's around, too(although he's not currently part of the group of people gawking at Iris & Langley's cat fight). He talks at him, and Trip...basically ignores him. Oh Ash, you really believe that Trip gives a shit about you.
-The tournament's opening ceremony starts, and...I spy a Lance rip-off among the contestants.
-Those dumb feathers that raise a single stat by 1EV are the prize? Lame.
-...there are random Pokemon in the crowd. I guess they like to watch battles too, but it still looks...off.
-OH MY GOD LOOK AT THOSE GIANT DON GEORGE STATUES. WHY ARE THOSE NOT THE PRIZE.
-Matchup 1: Langley vs a nameless nobody who is obviously going to lose!
-...ahahaha, Langley's calling Iris a kid now. Turnabout is hilarious play!
-then a bunch of nameless nobodies are matched up, until we get to...
-CABERNET VS ASH. Cabernet says something about a sparkling drink. Are all sommeliers required to pepper their speech with food/drink references to the point of senselessness?
-Then Cabernet mentions that her real target is Dento, who...is even more weirded out than he was before. You know you're a crazy when you're managing to disturb Dento without ruining any of his food.
-After that, the next matchup is revealed to be Trip vs Dento. Both of whom are boringly civil with each other.
-Bianca vs Kenyan is shown next. I guess that'll be interesting if only because Bianca is insane. Hopefully this is the last time we'll have to hear the "haha people pronounce Kenyan's name wrong" ..."joke"...in this arc.
-Next is Luke vs some nameless nobody who is weirded out by having a camera stuck in his face. ...you know, it's almost too bad that we didn't get a CAMERA VS CAMERA BATTLE OF THE CENTURY in the form of Trip VS Luke. But oh well.
-Last but not least is Iris versus some goddamned freak in a Watchhog suit.
-Iris looks for him, and when she notices him...the music cuts out and he gives her a creepy smile which (obviously) creeps Iris the fuck out. STRANGER DANGER! STRANGER DANGER!
-Time for Round 1!
-Langley & Iris are officially the best rival/main character duo. They just hate each other so much that it's downright hilarious.
-Langley sends out her Beartic to fight Some Nobody's...Joltik. Aw, lookatit it's so TINY and CUTE andandand.
-As it turns out, really tiny things are also really hard to hit. And then they can jump on your back and shock you and nobody cares because LOOK AT THE JOLTIK IT IS SO CUTE.
-And then Beartic lands on its back, squishinig Joltik to dea-I mean, knocking it out. Langley wins without doing a damned thing!
-blah blah nameless nobodies fighting each other blah
-Now it's time for Cabernet VS Ash. The crazy (though somehow not as crazy as Langley) vs the...well, Ash.
-Dento helpfully reminds Ash of the Pokemon Cabernet has used before. Because those are clearly the only two Pokemon she'll ever have.
-Cabernet just can't stop talking about how she only cares about beating Dento. Jesus christ woman, why even sign up for a tournament if you only want to defeat the one dude?
-Cabernet sends out her "new vintage"(isn't that a giant contradiction?)...MUSTASCHE! I mean Muttstasche. I mean Stoutland.
-Why is Ash sending out Palpitoad so shocking to EVERYONE? I mean, I get Dento and Iris being shocked, but Luke, Trip, Langely, Bianca, AND Kenyan too?
-Cabernet gets off to a decent start by having Muttstasche...er, I mean, Stoutland use Take Down(?), but follows it up with...Thunder Fang. Dento takes the opportunity to look smug at Cabernet's ignorance of Palpitoad's type.
-But wait! She just used it so she could follow it up with Ice Fang! ...why not just use Ice Fang from the start, then?
-Palpitoad breaks free. ...and now Cabernet's ordering Fire Fang? The hell is wrong with you, woman?
-Ew, Mud Shot straight in the mouth.
-And then the world's greatest mustasche is KOed by a Hydro Pump.
-Back in the stands, Zorua is missing! Langley helpfully points Bianca towards where Zorua went, and then Langely comes up behind Langely and wonders what the hell Langely is doing pretending to be Langely.
-Next is Trip vs Dento! Don George points out that Dento is/was the Striaton Gym Leader(does nobody question why he just randomly left his gym?), which is a nice touch. But that battle has to wait until next episode! ...which isn't until two weeks from. GODDAMMIT.

Most of the great parts of this ep were in the "everyone meets everyone else" part, and I have no problem with that...for now. Hopefully the rest of the tournament arc eps manage to have good enough battles to make up for that. (not that there was anything wrong with today's battles, but they were obviously rushed a bit since 70% of the episode was used on character meetings+revealing all the of the first round battles)

I love your reviews XD really entertaining haha

gohan5

Irisboy
Its called Zorua.

EDIT: Did anyone understand what Don George and the announcer were discussing after Ash sent out Palpitoad?

The only thing I know for sure is that they pointed out that it should be a good battle since Burgundy's Stoutland was a Normal type and Ash's Palpitoad is a Water-Ground type.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
This episode was weird. Seeing serious Team Rocket again left a bitter taste in my mouth, and I disliked how Zorua was riding on Luke's head; it reminded me a lot of how Pikachu rides on Ash's shoulder. I did like that the Nimbasa City Ferris wheel was kept in the anime though, and I appreciated Bianca's reappearance. The scenes where Ash and friends met up with characters like Burgundy and Langley were certainly entertaining, but the battles themselves were a bit bland; I would've loved to see Joltik being stepped on by Beartic, so I was sad that it didn't happen. Ash's battle with Burgundy was predictable, but I was glad that Flopitoad did something useful for once. So yeah, 6/10.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
This episode was weird. Seeing serious Team Rocket again left a bitter taste in my mouth, and I disliked how Zorua was riding on Luke's head; it reminded me a lot of how Pikachu rides on Ash's shoulder. I did like that the Nimbasa City Ferris wheel was kept in the anime though, and I appreciated Bianca's reappearance. The scenes where Ash and friends met up with characters like Burgundy and Langley were certainly entertaining, but the battles themselves were a bit bland; I would've loved to see Joltik being stepped on by Beartic, so I was sad that it didn't happen. Ash's battle with Burgundy was predictable, but I was glad that Flopitoad did something useful for once. So yeah, 6/10.

If it leads to a retcon of the TR/TP episodes I'll be happy though.

I found most of the battles to be OK. What can you expect when there's only one other person battling that we know and the others being cotd's and then an Ash a small rival battle. Joltik was pretty fun to see in battle, definitely something that had to be done, and seeing a Beartic in the animé to me is always a plus. Ash vs. Burgundy might be predictable, but I really like Stoutland and seeing Palpitoad do well in its first matchup is something that is to be applauded as the writers could've made it an annoying unlikable reserve.

Other then that I agree. Great character interactions in the beginning, and a nice start of the tournament, and a nice hint of what's in store in Nimbasa City with TR.

That's an 8 for me. Next episode will have more time for battles, so that will be better I'd assume.

That poor Joltik, it will never fully recover, and shall allways be crippled for life.

Nèh, Beartic's nice and furry.. Probably cushioned the fall a bit.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Subbed episode is finally out just watched it , it made the episode even better.

Some things, Don George does say the feathers are the prize and tell them that they increase the pokemons individual abilities, like Stamina(HP), Wisdom(SPatk), Muscle(atk) power, etc he also says in the rules that pokemons can't be switched out as its 1 on 1, then Satoshi starts to talk about what strategy he will use, to wich Iris says, "like you ever had one" haha.

Belle came of as even more spoiled then I though, she really did offer Pignite for a trade with Zorua, like what the hell? its her starter... I still like her but lets stop the comparisions with Jun, Jun respected his pokemons more and would never do that to Empoleon.

Kenyan was fun said he has trained since seeing Satoshi and wants to battle him in the tournament, I guess he is here to stay if there was any dobut and he will probably have more battles with him through the season, still don't know if he is going for the league, not that everyone in the anime has to have that objective and if a person doesn't it doesn't mean its weak anyway.

Iris vs Langley trashtalk was even better, they were always calling child to each other, at some point Langley even said, yeah I'm a child just like you(they are kids) lol, even during the battle they were calling kids each other and Iris was like how is it possible(to win like that) after Langley wins, haha.

Cabernet vs Satoshi, Cabernet says Dent is her target is Dent and asks if Satoshi changed his whole team since they sucked, Satoshi tells Pikachu he is the captain and his turn would be later since he wanted to try a new combo, Iris and Dent talk to him and Iris tells him to use Tsutarja or Tepig based on Cabernet previows pokemons, to which he answer once again that he has a new combo that he wants to try.

Palpitoad comes out and Cabernet asks if he changed his whole team then procedes to say that Palpitoad has a muddy taste and says he sucks like the rest of his pokemons, Satoshi says that no he didn't change his whole team, Palpitoad is his new friend and its his first battle and he wanted to give it and oportunity and try him out.

Anyway stuff happens, Satoshi wins, Dent says they make a great taste together and Satoshi compliments it and all, oh and Cabernet wasn't just doing Thunder Fang out of stupidity it was to bait Palpitoad into letting itself get bitten and then freeze it with Ice Fang.

The episode went from awesome to Supah awesome with the translations tks for the sub guys(if you are reading it, I know you don't like publicity :p)

Venomfang

Perky Goth
Belle came of as even more spoiled then I though, she really did offer Pignite for a trade with Zorua, like what the hell? its her starter...

What a nice trainer she is....

Belle came of as even more spoiled then I though, she really did offer Pignite for a trade with Zorua, like what the hell? its her starter... I still like her but lets stop the comparisions with Jun, Jun respected his pokemons more and would never do that to Empoleon.

Seriously? Pignite?? I agree that Bianca is nothing like Barry. Barry wasn't THAT hopeless......