1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Reunion Battles In Nimbasa! (700)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Black & White' started by Serebii, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Demonsead

Demonsead Hoenn Challenger

It's like Bianca does it on purpose now, and her just wanting to trade away her starter for Zoura like that got on my nerves. Other then that, the battle was fine.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  2. silvershock95

silvershock95 IT'S TASTING TIME!!!

This was in interesting episode, epecially since we got to see what Palpitoad was like in battle, and also the introduction of Burgundy's Stoutland. But yeah, I see where it was rushed.... maybe they could've saved Ash's battle until last? Zorua is quite funny imitating Georgia though!

3. The Great Butler

The Great Butler Hush, keep it down

Bulbapedia's got the dub cast.

Luke: Billy Bob Thompson (was previously Burgh)
    Sylvester & Scooter: Vic Mignogna
    Dino, Emmanuel, Jimmy Ray & Freddy O'Martian: Tom Wayland
    Antonio, Burgundy's Stoutland & Stephan's Zebstrika: Marc Thompson

4. randomspot555

randomspot555 Well-Known Member

I saw this on Cartoon Network this morning and was pleasantly surprised at the dub.

I really liked Cabernet vs Ash (don't remember her dub name) and was really liking the instrumental for the new opening theme that was played.

5. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Am I supposed to laugh?"

I'll help you. Her English name is Burgundy.

6. gliscor&yanmega

gliscor&yanmega Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the episode as much as the Japanese version.

The dub voices of the "filler" characters sounded nice to me for the most part from what I heard.

Zebstrika and Stoutland's dub voices were alright as well. I wasn't surprised at the pronunciation of Zebstrika's name, but Stoutland's I didn't expect.

I really enjoyed the episode.

7. Battra

Battra Well-Known Member

I like that the writers have introduced these mid season battles where we bring in the main & secondary characters to do battle, it's nice seeing the new Pokemon get used against Pokemon that don't belong to TR & the main cast.

Only thing I don't really like is the fodder character's getting some of the spotlight. Why do we need to give these people names & distinct styles when their only purpose is to move Ash & Company to the next round? Just show their battles and get it done with that way we have more on screen time that can be used to show off the Pokemon battles we care about.

8. Rebeccag

Rebeccag Well-Known Member

Loved seeing Bianca and the rest of the rivals as well. Cant wait to see more of the tournament

9. Manchee

Manchee extra toasty

I absolutely loved this episode. Even though it was introducing the competition and stuff, I love that it reminded me of the Double Battle thing in Hearthome during Sinnoh. I like this one a lot more though because there are so many more rivals and returning characters, it's awesome to get one big update on how everyone has been and what changes to their teams have happened.

I really like that Ash, Iris, and Cilan all have at least one big rival right now. I'd be happy if they all got more, I feel like if it were all real, people would have a decent amount of rivals. But yeah, anyway, I love the start of all of this. I hope another tournament arc happens sometime soon again. (Y)

10. OshyHikari

OshyHikari c l a r i t y

I loved Georgia's dub voice, Brittney Lee Hamilton may be one of those random new VAs but she pulls off Georgia's voice well compared to Misato Fukuen (her Japanese seiyuu).

And then we have Vic Mignogna doing some more voice acting since Professor Icarus in the Elgyem episode.

The Joltik vs. Beartic battle was totally evident Georgia would win easily. Eileen Stevens did pretty good when voicing Joltik.

Also, Bianca's obsession towards Zorua was funny. Loved it.

11. wobbanut

wobbanut Team Awesome

Great to see all the rivals trotted out for the Don tournament, from Trip to Burgundy. I liked the gag they started with Bianca in this episode of her trying to get zorua for herself, it's so cute. :) It's also funny to see Burgundy excited to see Cilan get crushed in the tournament. LOL

6/10

12. Bananarama

Bananarama The light is coming

Bianca in a rush is always an enjoyment.

13. J Ken

J Ken RAVE

This episode was cool. Seeing Trip, Bianca, Burgundy, Stephan and Georgia together always makes me feel good. Though Trip is still the best of them.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  14. NPT

NPT Just a member

In This episode, Ash and the other arrives at Nimbasa city Town for entering the battle club tournament. Bianca, like always runs into Ash and sent him into a fountain. It's odd when Ash was drying his cloths by putting fire on Open street!
    After the signing up, Ash, Cilan and Iris the meets up with their rivals. Iris was annoying in this episode, even more annoying than Georgia. After the three battles of the first round, the fourth and most important battle of this episode begins .....
    Ash is up against Burgundy, who sents out Stoutland and Ash sent out Palpitoad.
    Palpitoad was good in the battle, I liked how it knocked Stoutland out by using Hydro Pump.
    Burgundy totally got owned in this episode.

15. Zeb-STRIKE-uh. And another I-wonder-if-I'm-pronouncing-this-Pokemon's-name-right? mystery is solved.
    Also, either Stoutland is, like Excadrill, shorter than I had initially thought, or it was just the angle it was shown...

16. The tournament would have been more enjoyable for me if there were more natural interactions and less gags. Cutting down on the unfunny gags could have saved time for focus on the battles as well. Also, if the writers aren't going to give Burgundy any development and just want to have her lose in every appearance, then what was the point of introducing her? I'm mostly okay with this only because she was battling Ash, and he was finally using something other than Pikachu or a starter.

Didn't appreciate Georgia returning. Introducing a character just to throw random insults does not make them interesting.

17. JudySpell

JudySpell Banned

This tournament in Nimbasa City started off fine except that I didn't like Georgia and Iris teasing each other or the Zorua gags with Bianca. 6/10

18. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

Hee hee, Bianca bumping into Ash and trying to catch Zorua was funny, and seeing Burgundy, Stephan and Georgia return was unexpected yet nice. I felt bad for Burgundy when her Stoutland lost however. She never wins. ^^;

19. Leonhart

Leonhart Well-Known Member

I made the mistake of thinking that Raimon Town was part of Raimon City, but the tournament organized by Don George was a great idea. I thought that the three Pokemon limit was a bit of a handicap for Satoshi, but I liked seeing Cabernet, Langley, and Shooti again, as well as Gamagaru's win.

20. Wednesdayz

Wednesdayz Banned

Seeing serious Team Rocket again left a bitter taste in my mouth and I disliked how Zorua was riding on Luke's head. I did like that the Nimbasa City Ferris wheel was kept in the anime, though, and I appreciated Bianca's reappearance.