• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Reunion Battles In Nimbasa! (700)

Alloutℯ

Banned
This dub episode makes me want Dino, Jimmy Ray, Sylvester, Antonio, Scooter, Omega, and Emanuel to return, with a particular emphasis on the first 3. Burgundy continues to be awesome with her pure unadulterated hate of Cilan, plus Cilan's face when Burgundy points her finger.

Leonhart

Imagineer
In hindsight, I kind of wonder why this tournament was set up in the first place, and whether it may've been a last-minute event due to the modified pacing after the 2011 earthquake.

I thought that this was a pretty good episode. Seeing everyone's reactions to this being Nimbasa Town instead of Nimbasa City was pretty funny. I'm honestly getting really tired of Bianca running into Ash like that. I thought that the opening battles were okay. Beartic vs. Joltik was pretty funny, if only for how Beartic was able to win. It was nice to see Palpitoad finally be used, even though I think it's a bit too powerful for an untrained Pokemon.

Sonnas

The tournament would have been more enjoyable for me if there were more natural interactions and less gags. Cutting down on the unfunny gags could have saved time for focus on the battles as well. Also, if the writers aren't going to give Burgundy any development and just want to have her lose in every appearance, then what was the point of introducing her? I'm mostly okay with this only because she was battling Ash, and he was finally using something other than Pikachu or a starter.

Didn't appreciate Georgia returning. Introducing a character just to throw random insults does not make them interesting.
I swear that’s literally all Georgia is just being an absolute jerk, same goes for Burgendy as well.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Sonnas said:
Because that's all there is too them, moreso Burgendy as all she has is her hate boner for Cilan.

I still think that her hatred of Dent was realistic in terms of how it all started. Him beating her at the Sanyou Gym and causing her to have to improve herself was a good backstory for Cabernet's character, although I do agree that her vendetta became exaggerated during this tournament and her future appearances.

Sonnas

I still think that her hatred of Dent was realistic in terms of how it all started. Him beating her at the Sanyou Gym and causing her to have to improve herself was a good backstory for Cabernet's character, although I do agree that her vendetta became exaggerated during this tournament and her future appearances.
Yeah and also doesn’t help that she doesn’t appear often in the series besides her introduction episode and the other one where she didn’t do anything but be a sitcom arch-nemesis.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
Sonnas said:
Yeah and also doesn’t help that she doesn’t appear often in the series besides her introduction episode and the other one where she didn’t do anything but be a sitcom arch-nemesis.

That too. It would've made her anger towards Dent here seem more justified if we had gotten more interactions between them, and also if Cabernet's feelings had made more logical sense than her simply being upset that Dent defeated her twice before.

Palpitoad!

Sham

The Guardian of War
I liked this episode a lot. Everyone bounced all of each other well. I’m so glad Bianca, Stephan and Georgia got appearances in JN

• Bianca’s gag of making Ash fall into water was less of the annoying gags
  • The narrator breaking the fourth wall was funny
  • Bianca’s obsession of Zoura is funny
  • Bianca willing to throw Pignite under the bus and trade it for Zoura was both sad and funny
  • All the rivals coming back to enter the tournament was excellent.
  • Georgia is so petty and her banter with Iris will never get old. It’s so nice she got a cameo in JN
  • Trip treating Ash like that because he consider him a “hick” in the country is so uninteresting. They really should have developed this rivalry more and for a better reason. Trip got curbstomped by everybody in these tournaments but always beat Ash
  • Paliptoad’s first debut! It’s so sad he got kinda sidelined during during BW and got thrown away during the later half of BW
  • Ash: “maybe I should start making a plan”, Iris: “since when do you ever make a plan”. At least these rivals are self aware
  • Burgundy has got to be the most annoying rival
  • Burgundy using Thunder Fang making Ash too confident of Paliptoad’s Ground Typle only to switch to Ice Fang was smart
  • Why were all Connoisseur’s refrenceing food in their evaluations? Cilan makes sense but all?
  • Ash using Mud Shot to choke out that Fire Fang was smart.
  • The instrumental of “Black and White” when Ash is finishing the match chef’s kiss.
  • Zoura transformation into Georgia to hide from Bianca was funny.
  • Zoura liking Georgia’s appearance is based she’s one of the best designed rivals.
  • Bianca, Stephan, Axew and Pikachu cheering for Ash’s win was so wholesome.