• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Vandslaux

So, my first try was a Modest Victini with HP Steel, which is frame 65. After I get the initial frame (obviously, this isn't it), do I need to hit my seed again?

Oh boy, DSi works with standard abuse now. I don't have to borrow my brother's DS Lite anymore to fail horribly at trying to RNG. But anyway, a few things I'm confused about, I got my parameters for my DSi and wrote them down so they don't get lost, but will it affect my RNG attempts too much if I don't know what other value(s) my Timer0 will fluctuate to? In fact, here's a screenshot of my paramaters in Time Finder, if it helps anyone answer this.

Also in Time Finder, I want to RNG a Shiny Timid pent-flawless Kyurem with IVs 31/x/31/31/31/31. What method do I pick in Time Finder? Method 5 (Standard Seed) or Method 5 PIDRNG? If it's PIDRNG, do I check the Shiny Only box, if it's standard do I check the Nearby Shiny Frame search? Basically what I'm asking if that wording is confusing is should my Time Finder screen look like this one or this one (if it's circled I want to know if it's correct for my target).

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
So, my first try was a Modest Victini with HP Steel, which is frame 65. After I get the initial frame (obviously, this isn't it), do I need to hit my seed again?

Yeah. Everytime you mess up, you need to re-hit your seed until you get what you want.

TDawg

Oh boy, DSi works with standard abuse now. I don't have to borrow my brother's DS Lite anymore to fail horribly at trying to RNG. But anyway, a few things I'm confused about, I got my parameters for my DSi and wrote them down so they don't get lost, but will it affect my RNG attempts too much if I don't know what other value(s) my Timer0 will fluctuate to? In fact, here's a screenshot of my paramaters in Time Finder, if it helps anyone answer this.

Also in Time Finder, I want to RNG a Shiny Timid pent-flawless Kyurem with IVs 31/x/31/31/31/31. What method do I pick in Time Finder? Method 5 (Standard Seed) or Method 5 PIDRNG? If it's PIDRNG, do I check the Shiny Only box, if it's standard do I check the Nearby Shiny Frame search? Basically what I'm asking if that wording is confusing is should my Time Finder screen look like this one or this one (if it's circled I want to know if it's correct for my target).

You only have 1 timer0 so you don't need to worry about it fluctuating. And you need to use Standard seed but only search frame 1. and then in the main page of RNG reporter use method 5 PIDRNG.

Your last pic is more correct but you need to search only frame 1 like I said.

Aegon

Your initial frame is 51, so you don't need to find it, as long as you're in a place with no WNPCs. If you did 54 Chatot flips, and got that Modest Victini, then you didn't hit your seed. Try to hit it again.
Your min/max Timer0s are the same, so you shouldn't have any problems.
Basically what I'm asking if that wording is confusing is should my Time Finder screen look like this one or this one (if it's circled I want to know if it's correct for my target).
The second one.

Vandslaux

Is there any sort of offset with the DS clock? Like, would I do it 2 seconds before?

You only have 1 timer0 so you don't need to worry about it fluctuating. And you need to use Standard seed but only search frame 1. and then in the main page of RNG reporter use method 5 PIDRNG.

Your last pic is more correct but you need to search only frame 1 like I said.

By that, do you mean set my Min/Max Frames both to 1 then click Generate and search with different months/years until I get a seed matching what I want?

Aegon

Is there any sort of offset with the DS clock? Like, would I do it 2 seconds before?
No, one second will do. However, you'll notice you'll get different results if you press A to start the game exactly one second before your target time and half a second before your target time. It's hard to explain. For example, if your time was 12:40:31, you'd need to hit A at 12:40:30. You'd hit a different seed if you were to press A the moment the second hand hit 30 than if you were to press it slightly after it hit 30.
By that, do you mean set my Min/Max Frames both to 1 then click Generate and search with different months/years until I get a seed matching what I want?
Yes, he does.

Arsène

Apparently, the DSi is about the same one second delay as DS/Lite, but 3DS was mentioned to be 8 seconds instead.

Vandslaux

This time, 54 Chatot flips, I hit Gentle HP Water, 381. Wth I don't even

MSK

So I'm going to RNG one of those lovely Darmanitan outside the Relic Castle (I must be mad!!) So am I right in thinking you can't get rid of the sandstorm? If not then does anyone know how many frames roughly it advances the PID?

Also how does Zen mode work? Are the attack and special attack stats swapped when it changes or does it just use the other. Want to know if I need a seed with both at 31 or just attack.

Vandslaux

I just recorded them prior to collecting it. Is recording them after I try to hit the seed the prob?

Aegon

I just recorded them prior to collecting it. Is recording them after I try to hit the seed the prob?
You should have them recorded before you even hit A to start the game from the DS menu. Save with them recorded, then turn off your DS and hit your seed.

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
So I'm going to RNG one of those lovely Darmanitan outside the Relic Castle (I must be mad!!) So am I right in thinking you can't get rid of the sandstorm? If not then does anyone know how many frames roughly it advances the PID?

Also how does Zen mode work? Are the attack and special attack stats swapped when it changes or does it just use the other. Want to know if I need a seed with both at 31 or just attack.

To get rid of the sandstorm:
1. Save your game and turn it off.
2. Set the game to a different month.
3. Load the game and get into an encounter.
4. Now there shouldn't be any sandstorm until you get into another battle.

I believe that's all the steps. I haven't done any abuse there in a while.

It could be. Try recording them before you hit the seed.

Benefactor

Collector

As I told you in VM, you don't even have your parameters in so any seed you've found in RNG Reporter up to this point will not work. The parameters are very important for knowing which seed you will hit.

Aegon

Darmanitan has different stats in Standard Mode and Zen Mode; not just Attack and Special Attack are swapped. See here for more.

As I told you in VM, you don't even have your parameters in so any seed you've found in RNG Reporter up to this point will not work. The parameters are very important for knowing which seed you will hit.

If this is true, then you need to Calibrate first before attempting RNG at all.

Links to Calibration videos are in the first post and we can help if you have any questions.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Oh yeah, are there any differences to RNGing on a DSI instead of a DS?