• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Oh yeah, are there any differences to RNGing on a DSI instead of a DS?

There are differences. First you would need to recalibrate even is its the same game. Second, you would also need an outside clock set to the same time as your Dsi.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Ah, that's fine then. Should be doing this right then...

ShadowKyogre443

오션 마스터
I'm generally OK with RNG'ing in every generation, but I have a question with RNG'ing one of the Lake Trio in Platinum to be shiny and near-flawless. Where would I even begin? It is method J, right? :/

Last edited:

craig87

Hi there, im new to rnging but im getting there thanks to this guide. Im Currently trying to hatch a shiny flawless horsea but i cant get it shiny, i would appreciate any help or advice you can give.
View attachment 3265
The highlighted one is the one im aiming for. I have two chatots with custom chatters and tried advancing the frame to 22.
Thanks in advance

Aegon

Hi there, im new to rnging but im getting there thanks to this guide. Im Currently trying to hatch a shiny flawless horsea but i cant get it shiny, i would appreciate any help or advice you can give.
View attachment 3265
The highlighted one is the one im aiming for. I have two chatots with custom chatters and tried advancing the frame to 22.
Thanks in advance
You need to copy the full seed to the main window of RNG Reporter (right click it). Then, fill out the drop-down boxes correctly (Breeding (BW)/Breeding (BW, International)) and click Calculate Initial PIDRNG frame. That'll give you your starting frame. Subtract that from the frame you want to hit, and that'll give you how many advancements you must do. The initial frame usually ranges from 40-60, so you'll find a PIDRNG frame of 22 is impossible to hit. Additionally, WNPCs, such as those on Route 3, will advance the PIDRNG frame, so you'll have to account for those.

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
Remember how in the last RNGs I posted I said I would take a break until I beat the E4? Yeah, I lied:

Bag_Heal_Ball_Sprite.png
640.gif

#640 Virizion | NN: Verizon | Gender: N/A
OT: Ayumi~★ | ID: 13423
Timid | Caught: 2/2/2000 | Rumination Field
Type: Grass/Fighting | Ability: Justified
Helping Hand | Retaliate | Giga Drain | Sacred Sword
31/30/30/31/31/31
Hidden Power: Ice 70

Cobalion was supposed to be the first one, but nooo, I had to be stupid and accidentally catch it. So here's a redo of my second ever RNG, now in an acutally useful form.

Bag_Timer_Ball_Sprite.png
639.gif

#639 Terrakion | NN: None | Gender: N/A
OT: Ayumi~★ | ID: 13423
Jolly | Caught: 3/15/2000 | Trial Chamber
Type: Rock/Fighting | Ability: Justified
Helping Hand | Retaliate | Rock Slide | Sacred Sword
31/31/31/8/31/31
Hidden Power: N/A

I kept trying to advance the same number of frames as I needed for Virizion, when I needed less. So here's a useful version of my third ever RNGed Pokemon.​

Scorch5688

Virizion Collector
Does anyone know the dynamics of Route 15? I'm trying to RNG capture a shiny Sand Veil Gligar, but the fog in this area is giving me a problem. Apparently fog negates Sweet Scent, so I can't encounter any pokemon using it. By dynamics, I mean what times of day or months that have no fog.

Kalosian

So long
Does anyone know the dynamics of Route 15? I'm trying to RNG capture a shiny Sand Veil Gligar, but the fog in this area is giving me a problem. Apparently fog negates Sweet Scent, so I can't encounter any pokemon using it. By dynamics, I mean what times of day or months that have no fog.
Here you go, TFTD posted this just yesterday:
To get rid of the sandstorm:
1. Save your game and turn it off.
2. Set the game to a different month.
3. Load the game and get into an encounter.
4. Now there shouldn't be any sandstorm until you get into another battle.

Too Funk to Druck

I am America

You can get rid of the fog:

1. Save and turn off your game
2. Turn it back on and change the month.
3. Enter the game and get into a battle.
4. The fog is now gone until you get into another battle.

Edit: Ninja'd by my own post.

Scorch5688

Virizion Collector
Thanks for the help with the weather. Tried it at first but didn't work. Tried again and all was right with the world. XD

Anyway, I've got another dilemma. I was planning to capture RNG a shiny HP Ground Venomoth as I wanted it to be in a net ball. Thing is, Venomoth is only found in-game at the Dreamyard, and in the dark grass. How would this work? I'm guessing synchronizers won't work, and isn't it hard to find the starting frame since there are 2 pokemon and you can only catch one of them? Basically, I'm wondering if it's possible.

TDawg

Thanks for the help with the weather. Tried it at first but didn't work. Tried again and all was right with the world. XD

Anyway, I've got another dilemma. I was planning to capture RNG a shiny HP Ground Venomoth as I wanted it to be in a net ball. Thing is, Venomoth is only found in-game at the Dreamyard, and in the dark grass. How would this work? I'm guessing synchronizers won't work, and isn't it hard to find the starting frame since there are 2 pokemon and you can only catch one of them? Basically, I'm wondering if it's possible.

Definitely possible. Just Rng like you would normal and then if 2 pokes show up kill off the one you didn't want.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Alright just to ask this real quick.

I RNGed my Victini recently... I got it and I have already saved. If I pick up my victini a year late, would this affect the legitamency of this event?
I'm a real picky person when it comes to this... so i just want to make sure it won't affect it...

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
Alright just to ask this real quick.

I RNGed my Victini recently... I got it and I have already saved. If I pick up my victini a year late, would this affect the legitamency of this event?
I'm a real picky person when it comes to this... so i just want to make sure it won't affect it...

As long as you got Victini legitly, the date doesn't matter. Mine was a few days too early for the event to come out. The only people who would be bothered are idiots.

Scorch5688

Virizion Collector
Definitely possible. Just Rng like you would normal and then if 2 pokes show up kill off the one you didn't want.

What about when finding the correct starting frame? Is it safe to assume that they'll be adjacent to each other in terms of the PID frame? Or will they be on the same frame, assuming they're the same pokemon?

Arande

RNGing, off by 2 frames on the chatot flips. Ok, I'll just tryagain adjusting by those 2 frames...

next attempt, off by the 2 frames I adjusted by... I know I'm hitting my seed time, since the PIDs on the missed target pokes are all the same.

Wandering NPC trolling me?

edit, probably should mention trying for an egg.

Last edited:

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
RNGing, off by 2 frames on the flips. Ok, I'll just tryagain adjusting by those 2 frames...

next attempt, off by the 2 frames I adjusted by... I know I'm hitting my seed time, since the PIDs on the missed target pokes are all the same.

Maybe. Where are you RNGing at?

Edit: yeah it's the NPCs. When something like that happens to me, I tend to just find a new seed, so I can't really help with that. <<

Last edited:

jolteon135

What about when finding the correct starting frame? Is it safe to assume that they'll be adjacent to each other in terms of the PID frame? Or will they be on the same frame, assuming they're the same pokemon?
No, if you encounter 2 Pokemon they will be from completely different seeds. Only 1 of them will be from your target seed so you'll have to guess and check (catch one and check the IVs).

RNGing, off by 2 frames on the chatot flips. Ok, I'll just tryagain adjusting by those 2 frames...

edit, probably should mention trying for an egg.
If you keep hitting the same frame that could be NPCs screwing you up or it could be that your Chatot's don't have a recording. Make sure you record something for your Chatot's before you save and start RNGing and remember that Chatot loses the recording when it is put into a PC box.