1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

*Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation V Discussion' started by NoDice, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Pidj

Pidj Well-Known Member

Hi, I've got a 3DS and never RNG'd before. I just don't get it. All I want to abuse it for is to get a normal but flawless ditto. Would anybody be able to help me out and RNG one for me?

I'm sorry if this is an unreasonable request (because I just don't know how easy it is) but it would be greatly appreciated. I could trade items/pokes for it. Don't have much to offer but please PM me if you can help me out.

Thanks

2. craig87

craig87 New Member

Thanks a lot mate. I was wondering how i work out how far the npcs advance the frame?

3. jolteon135

jolteon135 Well-Known Member

Save in front of the daycare man, hit seed, mash X to bring up the menu as quickly as possible (when you enter the game), exit the menu and take the egg as quickly as possible. Hatch the egg and find the PID Frame that matches your hatched egg. The matching PID Frame should be near your "Calculated Initial PIDRNG Frame." The matching PID Frame is your actual starting frame (with NPC advancement accounted for) so from there just figure out how many frames you need to advance to get to your target frame and redo it.

4. craig87

craig87 New Member

Thankyou mate it worked straight away and everything was right (nature, ability, gender, ivs, shiny). Appreciate it thank you very much!

5. Aegon

Aegon Well-Known Member

Congrats. I hope you have a lot more success with RNGing in the future. :)

6. Too Funk to Druck

Too Funk to Druck I am America

And here are two of my three last RNGs for a while (unless I do a roamer, which isn't going to happen):

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    #643 Reshiram | NN: None | Gender: N/A
    OT: Ayumi~★ | ID: 13423
    Timid | Caught: 12/12/2011 | N's Castle
    Type: Dragon/Fire | Ability: Turboblaze
    Dragonbreath | Slash | Extrasensory | Fusion Flare
    31/2/31/31/31/31
    Hidden Power: N/A

I couldn't hit the first seed I used at all, but when I changed the seed, I was perfectly fine. I just wish I had RNGed Zekrom on White instead of just catching it. <.<

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    #637 Volcarona | NN: None | Gender:
    OT: Ayumi~★ | ID: 13423
    Timid | Caught: 2/2/2000 | Relic Castle
    Type: Bug/Fire | Ability: Flame Body
    Silver Wind | Quiver Dance | Heat Wave | Bug Buzz
    31/30/30/31/31/31
    Hidden Power: Ice 70

This is the first time I've ever advance over a hundred times and not miscount. I almost missed it because I stupidly let it set up on me, but I ended up catching it in one ball. Yay.​

And now to get Kyurem. If I can find a good spread. <.<

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  7. MSK

MSK Well-Known Member

8. ShadowKyogre443

ShadowKyogre443 오션 마스터

To be honest I'd RNG that on a 4rth egn. game. Much easier.

9. Aegon

Aegon Well-Known Member

In no way is RNGing on Gen IV easier than Gen V when aiming for flawless IVs. Hatching shiny eggs with certain natures is simple, but RNGing IVs is painful.

10. MSK

MSK Well-Known Member

Still haven't RNG'd my roamer yet, trying to find a good shiny seed in the summer months. Have a couple of possibilities (did have some really good seeds but PID advances were only at 300-400 and I read somewhere you need to start at least 650?)
    Just wanted to know when I actually do the RNG once I see him and he shows up shiny in my Pokedex then I take it he will have the desired IV's, do I have to catch him straight away or can I come back to him later? Was wondering if leaving him roaming will make anything change or will they be permanantly set then?

11. jolteon135

jolteon135 Well-Known Member

All the roamer info is set when it flies off outside the house on route 7. The only way to reset it is to faint it and beat the elite 4 (not advised). So no, leaving it roaming will not change anything. Also you can hit frames as low as 450 if you change the season before you save inside the house (so that there's no season change message when you exit) so you can look for lower than 650.

12. MSK

MSK Well-Known Member

Cool thanks, that's my next stop after Kyurem. Stuck on him at moment, 2 attempts at capturing him Shiny and both times he's avoided every ball I've thrown and knocked himself out :(

13. -Raiga-

-Raiga- Well-Known Member

Just completed my first hatched RNG, and first shiny RNG at the same time. I realize its not the most uncommon rng there is, but because stealth rock is only available as a tm in 4th gen, and that translates to mt.silver in ss, which I only completed half of kanto...So basically it took some time to finish that stuff up, but then I just put leech seed and stealth rock on grotle, breed it with a rng'd sassy flawless ferroseed, and then finally took the male result and breed it with the female to finally get this.

It was fun, although I can't see myself doing it too often due to how annoying counting frames with chatot is.

[​IMG] #597 Ferroseed | Gender: M
    OT: Varona | ID: 05560 Sassy | Hatched: 12/9/2011 | Route 3
    Type: Grass/Steel | Ability: Iron Barbs
    Egg moves: Leech seed | Stealth Rock
    Normal moves: Curse | Tackle
    IV's: 31|31|31|?|31|0

14. Kalosian

Kalosian Never Say Forever

You find it annoying? I guess you will have to get used to it if you want to keep utilizing RNG manipulation. I don't find it annoying at all unless I am doing more than 200 chatters.
    Good job on the Ferroseed nonetheless, I did an almost identical one not too long ago.

15. MSK

MSK Well-Known Member

I'm having a nightmare breeding at the moment, my Timer keeps trolling every other time :(
    I hit my seed but end up one Chatot advance off, then the next time the timer has trolled. When I get back to my correct timer I end up 1 or 2 off again!!!
    So annoying

16. -Raiga-

-Raiga- Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was around 150-ish for this one. And put it this way, my problem with counting is just due to how annoying pin-pointing the starting frame on this one was. I had around 7 frames at the start that were identical, so instead I just used the calculated initial frame, counted what should get me to the shiny frame(if that was the actual starting frame), and figured I'd either get the shiny or an actual number of where it is then.

So basically, for someone who does zero competetive battling or who doesn't have a shop, this particular scenario was annoying.

And thank you, like I said, I realize it wasn't the most original rng, but I'm making it for a trade.

17. Aegon

Aegon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    #643 レシラム
    OT: Cian | ID: 00679 | Gender: N/A
    Nature: Timid | Ability: Turboblaze | Type: Dragon/Fire
    Catch Location: N's Castle | Hidden Power: Dark 70
    Moves: DragonBreath / Slash / Extrasensory / Fusion Flare
    IVs: 31/27/31/31/31/31

I finished the main story of my Black version today, so RNGed this. I got it on the first go, which was nice. Next up, I hope to RNG Tornadus and the other legendaries, as well as Smeargle and Ditto so I can use them as foreign parents on my English White.

18. Too Funk to Druck

Too Funk to Druck I am America

I just caught Kyurem, so Tornadus is all I have left to do. Luckily for me, my laptop works again, so I have two computers to use to search for seeds. I may just catch it non-shiny though, since I don't like it in the first place.

19. Aegon

Aegon Well-Known Member

Yes! I got my shiny Tornadus. Well, I haven't caught it yet, but I've released it as shiny successfully. That only took two hours. Time to go catch it!

EDIT:

[​IMG]
    #641 トルネロス
    OT: Cian | ID: 00679 | Gender: M
    Nature: Jolly | Ability: Prankster | Type: Flying
    Catch Location: Route 9 | Hidden Power: Dark 59
    Moves: Revenge / Air Cutter / Extrasensory / Agility
    IVs: 31/31/31/9/31/31

I caught it in a Dusk Ball. I didn't find this RNG very difficult, so I hope to RNG Thundurus in my White version. I won't be able to go for a shiny one, since I haven't RNGed my ID/SID, so it'll be a bit more tricky working out if hit the right PIDRNG frame. I have other stuff I want to do before I try for Thundurus, though.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  20. andregon

andregon Well-Known Member

can anyone tell me how to RNG abuse wondercard pokemon?