• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
can anyone tell me how to RNG abuse wondercard pokemon?

Assuming you know how to RNG normally in Gen 5, it's basically the same thing as RNGing anything else. The main difference is that the PIDRNG and the IVRNG are the same for Wondercard RNGs. You should also make sure you're in a Pokemon Center with no wandering NPCs. The Pokemon League Center is one good once, and I also used Opelucid's Pokemon Center(in Black though. I assume it's the same in White).

andregon

Assuming you know how to RNG normally in Gen 5, it's basically the same thing as RNGing anything else. The main difference is that the PIDRNG and the IVRNG are the same for Wondercard RNGs. You should also make sure you're in a Pokemon Center with no wandering NPCs. The Pokemon League Center is one good once, and I also used Opelucid's Pokemon Center(in Black though. I assume it's the same in White).

I did a few rng abuse. And i can tell stationary rng it's a piece of cake, but i can't still figure out how to rng wonder card.
I followed this tutorial:
http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/bw_rng_part6

i think my problem lies in frames.
Is the starting frame of wondercards 55?

and how do i advance frames? steps or chatot?

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
No, that's just the recommended frame to use for searches. I believe the starting frame for Wondercards is similar to the starting PIDRNG frame in regular RNGing.

andregon

No, that's just the recommended frame to use for searches. I believe the starting frame for Wondercards is similar to the starting PIDRNG frame in regular RNGing.

what do i have to do in order to find my starting frame?

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
what do i have to do in order to find my starting frame?

Go to the main screen of RNG Reporter, set the Method to Wondercard(5th Gen), copy and paste the seed you find in Time finder, and the click 'Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame. That'll show you your starting frame.

andregon

Go to the main screen of RNG Reporter, set the Method to Wondercard(5th Gen), copy and paste the seed you find in Time finder, and the click 'Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame. That'll show you your starting frame.

IT WORKED!!11!!111!1!!!!eleven!!

Thank you very much.

white version rng victini check
Black version rng victini check

Last edited:

Aegon

How exactly do I get my SID? I went to Pokecheck...but I don't know what to do next... :/
Follow the instructions on the website, then upload a Pokémon. Refresh the page once you've tried to deposit a Pokémon, and click it. Your ID and SID, along with many other useful details, will be found on that Pokémon's page.

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
Pretty much the last two RNGs I'll do on my Black before I start it over:

Bag_Master_Ball_Sprite.png
646.gif

#646 Kyurem | NN: None | Gender: N/A
OT: Ayumi~★ | ID: 13423
Timid | Caught: 7/28/2000 | Giant Chasm
Type:Dragon/Ice | Ability: Pressure
Glaciate | Dragon Pulse | Imprison | Endeavor
30/6/31/30/31/30
Hidden Power:Fire 70

Hit the seed easily. I didn't even mess up on advancements like I normally do. Then I fainted it. Then I did it again, without messing up, and attempted to catch it in Dive Balls. Ha ha, no. So, it just ended up in a Master Ball.

Bag_Dusk_Ball_Sprite.png
641.gif

#641 Tornadus | NN: None | Gender:
OT: Ayumi~★ | ID: 13423
Jolly | Caught: 2/1/2000 | Route 13
Type:Flying | Ability: Prankster
Revenge | Air Cutter | Extrasensory | Agility
31/31/31/0/31/31
Hidden Power:N/A

Decided I would try to get this without finding my starting seed. 30 or so Tornadus's late, I got this. I would've tried for a shiny, but since I didn't RNG my TID/SID, I didn't feel like looking for a seed, so I just settled with a non-shiny seed.​

That's pretty much all the legends I can do on Black now. I'm gonna do a little more breeding and then I'm gonna restart Black.

Aegon

Decided I would try to get this without finding my starting seed. 30 or so Tornadus's late, I got this. I would've tried for a shiny, but since I didn't RNG my TID/SID, I didn't feel like looking for a seed, so I just settled with a non-shiny seed.
May I ask, how did you figure out if you had hit the correct PIDRNG frame since your Tornadus isn't shiny? Did you catch him every time?

MSK

Finally pulled my finger out and got my parameters for my Jap Black, should've done this ages ago as have wasted a few events now.

But on a positive note have just RNG'd

Mewtwo - 3/1/11 Mild 31/31/31/31/27/31.

Went with Mild as all the flawless spreads spreads had worse natures. So decided dropping Def would be a reasonable hit as Sp Def already bit lower IV wise, while keeping both Speed and At high,and Sp At an even bigger boost. ;)

Now I'm going to find a seed for the Thundurus event on Friday. Which in turn will allow me to get at the Landorus :)

Busy Busy Busy

Plus RNG bred the following today on my UK Black

3x Gastly Timid Flawless Shiny
Panpour Timid Flawless Shiny

used the same seed for all of them, lazy I know but just proving to myself I can hit them consistently.

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
IV frame is 1. PID frame depends on the season. I think the lowest it can go is around 450 when the season is Summer, and as long as you don't have the season change come up.