• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Vandslaux

For until I get a Ditto, should I just use my Jap. Flawless Male Blaziken for RNG breeding in the Ground egg group, just not doing egg moves right now?

TDawg

For until I get a Ditto, should I just use my Jap. Flawless Male Blaziken for RNG breeding in the Ground egg group, just not doing egg moves right now?

If you wanted. RNGing a Flawless ditto would probably be better idea though

EDIT: 4th Gen RNG question.
Do I need to calibrate HGSS to my RNG Reporter like 5th Gen? I don't see any parameter thingy or whatever. :S

Last edited:

Aegon

EDIT: 4th Gen RNG question.
Do I need to calibrate HGSS to my RNG Reporter like 5th Gen? I don't see any parameter thingy or whatever. :S
No, you don't. You'll need to find average delays and the sort, but parameters aren't used to get these.

I'm going to RNG the new Thundurus event as soon as I find a seed. I need one for Kyurem first, since I'm currently saved in front of it.

EDIT:

e7dYQ.gif

#646 キュレム
OT: Cian | ID: 00679 | Gender: N/A
Nature: Timid | Ability: Pressure | Type: Dragon/Ice
Catch Location: Giant Cavern | Hidden Power: Fire 70
Moves: Glaciate / Dragon Pulse / Imprison / Endeavor
IVs: 31/26/31/30/31/30

I caught Kyurem. It was harder than I expected, actually. Endeavor was very annoying, and since I used Dive Balls, it took a while for me to catch it. I had hoped to get Thundurus also done tonight, but I've got studying to do. :/

Last edited:

MSK

Ok so they've announced the VGC for this year and it's earlier than expected in March!!
Gotta get RNG'ing big style to get my team ready.

I'm wondering though, will people try to get me banned if my entire team is Shiny?? lol
They might think I've been hacking, so how do they actually check?

MSK

Ok bit confused tonight. Trying to RNG my Jap Thundurus Wondercard.
Have been hitting the seed and flips every time. I get the correct nature, but the IV's are for 2 flips more??? Done it every time, if I do 2 less flips I get the IV's but the wrong nature??
Really confused as I can't see it being a Timer0 fluctuation as that would put my IV's out completely.
Has anyone else had this?

Mycul99

yeah ive had a similar problem with my tornadus,

the IVs are correct but the nature RNG reporter is saying is off if using the
Wondercard (5th Gen) method, dropdown.

If you switch it to UNGL Wondercard (5th Gen) in the drop down the IVs and the frame that you get matches up, for example,

for my tornadus i am aiming for Frame 60 which is timid nature 31/6/30/31/31/31
but when i hit my seed and do the right flips im getting the IVs of frame 60 but the nature of frame 61, which is mild,

but when i switch it to UNGL wondercard, it says frame 60 is mild 31/6/30/31/31/31

What is UNGL wondercard? does anyone know?

TDawg

No, you don't. You'll need to find average delays and the sort, but parameters aren't used to get these.

I'm going to RNG the new Thundurus event as soon as I find a seed. I need one for Kyurem first, since I'm currently saved in front of it.

EDIT:

e7dYQ.gif

#646 キュレム
Nature: Timid | Ability: Pressure | Type: Dragon/Ice
Catch Location: Giant Cavern | Hidden Power: Fire 70
Moves: Glaciate / Dragon Pulse / Imprison / Endeavor
IVs: 31/26/31/30/31/30

I caught Kyurem. It was harder than I expected, actually. Endeavor was very annoying, and since I used Dive Balls, it took a while for me to catch it. I had hoped to get Thundurus also done tonight, but I've got studying to do. :/

Thanks for the info Speed^^ and nice Kyurem.

MSK

yeah ive had a similar problem with my tornadus,

the IVs are correct but the nature RNG reporter is saying is off if using the
Wondercard (5th Gen) method, dropdown.

If you switch it to UNGL Wondercard (5th Gen) in the drop down the IVs and the frame that you get matches up, for example,

for my tornadus i am aiming for Frame 60 which is timid nature 31/6/30/31/31/31
but when i hit my seed and do the right flips im getting the IVs of frame 60 but the nature of frame 61, which is mild,

but when i switch it to UNGL wondercard, it says frame 60 is mild 31/6/30/31/31/31

What is UNGL wondercard? does anyone know?

Hmm, I'm still using Reporter 9.81 and don't have the UNGL wondercard option, but would be intrigued to know what it means if anyone can shed light??

Anyway worked around my problem, just found a seed where the nature I wanted was 2 frames before my IV's.
And now I have my flawless Naive Thundurus :)

TDawg

Hmm, I'm still using Reporter 9.81 and don't have the UNGL wondercard option, but would be intrigued to know what it means if anyone can shed light??

Anyway worked around my problem, just found a seed where the nature I wanted was 2 frames before my IV's.
And now I have my flawless Naive Thundurus :)

It means Unlocked Nature, Gender Lock. But it's going to be changed within the next update to GLAN (Gender Lock, Any Nature).

Aegon

It means Unlocked Nature, Gender Lock. But it's going to be changed within the next update to GLAN (Gender Lock, Any Nature).
So should I be using this option to search for seeds for Thundurus, since he's male-only, but can have any nature?

Vandslaux

I think I'm calibrating wrong. I catch the stationary legend, enter it's IV range, imput the time I HRed, and I get no results. ??? I filled everything to the right out as well, selecting my DS system, game, etc.

Vandslaux

Speaking of star animation, will skipping through it affect the RNG?

At least, I don't think I am.

Going to go save in front of the first legend I plan to RNG, Cobalion, to find my Parameters.

Last edited:

Aegon

6X0CO.gif

#037 Vulpix
OT: Cian | ID: 64231 | Gender: F
Nature: Timid | Ability: Drought | Type: Fire
Hatch Location: Lostlorn Forest | Hidden Power: Fighting 70
Egg Moves: Disable / Hypnosis / Heat Wave / Extrasensory
IVs: 31/31/30/30/30/30

DXNna.gif

#092 Gastly
OT: Cian | ID: 64231 | Gender: M
Nature: Timid | Ability: Levitate | Type: Ghost/Poison
Hatch Location: Lostlorn Forest | Hidden Power: Dragon 70
Egg Moves: Disable
IVs: 31/2/31/31/31/31

XtY2U.gif

#638 コバルオン
Nature: Jolly | Ability: Justified | Type: Steel/Fighting
Catch Location: Guidance Chamber | Hidden Power: Dark 70
Moves: Helping Hand / Retaliate / Iron Head / Sacred Sword
IVs: 31/31/31/15/31/31

These are the RNGs I got done over the weekend. I gave Vulpix those egg moves just because I can. xD I suspect I'll only use one or two in the end, but they're nice to have. I'm looking forward to EV training them. I caught Cobalion in a Quick Ball, so it took some time to catch it. It was worth it, though. I've still yet to pick up Thundurus, as I haven't found a suitable seed.

Last edited:

MSK

Just caught my Landorus on Jap Black. Brave Shiny 31/31/31/31/22/31

Darn wandering NPC in the area meant it took me a few go's to hit it but finally got there.
Only reason I went Brave was most of my seeds were coming out with 10000+ flips for shiny whereas this was only 20!!! lol

Now I can trade my Chatot's back to UK Black and get back to RNG breeding ready for the VGC in March :)

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Lemme get an honest answer here.

Is it easier to RNG on DPPtHGSS or Black/White? From what I understand, DPPt uses the Poketch, while BW uses the C-Gear.

I hear Wonder Card pokemon are easier to RNG, what about Gift Pokemon like Fossils?

I wanted to RNG for an Omanyte with HP [Grass] or HP [Electric] (haven't decided yet), and there is no way in hell I'm gonna breed for it.

Last edited:

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
Black and White. You don't need to use the c-gear for anything but entralink Pokemon. Unlike DPPt, you only need to enter the game at the exact second for BW. I recommend starting with BW for RNGing.