• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I'm trying to find my DS' Mac Address, using the DS' Parameters, but I'm not sure I'm doing it right, I got the exact same set of numbers with three pokemon.

I started the DS each time on the dot of 12:27:00, 12/19/11. Started mashing the A Button when N's Castle appeared, and Sweet Scent'd for three pokemon, two Boldore's and a Woobat.

Both Boldore's were the exact same, nature, gender, stats, etc.
Woobat was male, Relaxed, Quick to Flee, 7-9/8-9/0-2/21-23/17-18/29

Entered White Version, English, and DS/DS Lite, hit Search. Each time, the Mac Address is blank, and I have the same exact numbers.

Seconds: 0 - 10
VCount: 50 - 70
Time0: C60 - CA0
GxStat: 6
VFrame: 0

What am I doing wrong?

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
You need your MAC address. All you have to do is go to WFC settings -> options -> System Information, and you'll find it

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
You need your MAC address. All you have to do is go to WFC settings -> options -> System Information, and you'll find it

Thanks.

So I'm inputting IVs, version, DS, Mac Address, and it's not finding any results...

I'll try a different time and date, see if that changes anything.

When I enter the time I press A, if I use 8PM, do I enter 08:00:00 or 20:00:00?

EDIT: Got proper results this time, will repeat a few more times, and go from there.

Which is a better idea, hatching Omanyte or SRing for Omanyte from fossil revival?

Last edited:

TDawg

Thanks.

So I'm inputting IVs, version, DS, Mac Address, and it's not finding any results...

I'll try a different time and date, see if that changes anything.

When I enter the time I press A, if I use 8PM, do I enter 08:00:00 or 20:00:00?

EDIT: Got proper results this time, will repeat a few more times, and go from there.

Which is a better idea, hatching Omanyte or SRing for Omanyte from fossil revival?

First Question: 20:00:00

And 2nd: Hatching Omanyte from good parents. That way if you wanted a shiny one, you could get it. And it's way easier to get a seed that way as long as you have at least one flawless parent, but it isn't completely necessary.

Vandslaux

Wait, what? You're supposed to enter the time you enter the game? Makes a shitload more sense now. I was entering the time I hard resetted, is that why I wasn't getting any results? Is this also why I have been unable to hit my seeds?

Vandslaux

Do I enter the time I enter the game or the time I talk to the legendary?

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Do you have to do this SRing Sweet Scenting stuff every time, or just once?

Vandslaux

Can anybody help me find my Black SID? I want to go find my parameters, then go catch a shiny HP Ice Naive Landorus after I catch Tornadus.

Also, to get good shiny flawless spreads, will I have to restart my game and RNG my TID? I can accept pent-flawless spreads.

Last edited:

TDawg

Can anybody help me find my Black SID? I want to go find my parameters, then go catch a shiny HP Ice Naive Landorus after I catch Tornadus.

Also, to get good shiny flawless spreads, will I have to restart my game and RNG my TID? I can accept pent-flawless spreads.

Use pokecheck.org

No you should be fine. If you want exceptionally low seeds or to get a good seed for a roamer then that's the only reason to RNG you TID/SID combo. Otherwise if you just want penta flawless your fine.

Vandslaux

Pokecheck doesn't work with my internet.

Also, will anything happen with my seed if I mash A through the intro?

Last edited:

~Selene~

I Collect Shaymin
you can button mash only after youve said no to turning on the pokegear, if you do it before you will mess up, only press a once to continue when the stars fly in on the opening scene.

As for your SID, catch a wild patrat or something and pm/vm me your fc. I'll find it for you.

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
you can button mash only after youve said no to turning on the pokegear, if you do it before you will mess up, only press a once to continue when the stars fly in on the opening scene.

As for your SID, catch a wild patrat or something and pm/vm me your fc. I'll find it for you.

I button mash after the stars fly, and I don't mess up. :/ Depends in the person doing it I guess.

~Selene~

I Collect Shaymin
I can never hit my seed doing that, but thats more my fingers cramping up probably. I'll try again though.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I button mash after the stars fly, and I don't mess up. :/ Depends in the person doing it I guess.

Same here, I button mash as soon as I see the GF meteor.

Okay, now that is the fifth time I've gotten the same Docile Boldore (♂) L39, Alert To Sounds.

Am I doing something right or something wrong?

Each time I boot the game, I start at 3/26/2011, 04:20:00, and start mashing A after I see the comet.

I got VCount 60 / Time0 C7F / GxStat 6 / VFrame 6

Where do I go from here? The OP says DS/Game configuration settings, is that part of RNGReporter?

Last edited:

Aegon

Same here, I button mash as soon as I see the GF meteor.

Okay, now that is the fifth time I've gotten the same Docile Boldore (♂) L39, Alert To Sounds.

Am I doing something right or something wrong?

Each time I boot the game, I start at 3/26/2011, 04:20:00, and start mashing A after I see the comet.
You should be getting the exact same Pokémon if you start the game at the same time during each attempt, so you're doing fine. That's how the RNG works in Gen V; it's completely time-based. You should try out a few different random times to make sure you get the same parameter results each time. Here's a tip: If you use times like 12:30:30, you won't have to wait for the clock to go around to the next minute. It can help speed up the process. Also, you don't need to mash A to get into the game as fast as possible in Gen V (you can if you want; it makes no difference). Just make sure you don't press any buttons until the Nintendo logo appears.

You're on the right track. You've done everything right so far, just try out some other times (two or three) to ensure you're getting the correct parameters.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
You should be getting the exact same Pokémon if you start the game at the same time during each attempt, so you're doing fine. That's how the RNG works in Gen V; it's completely time-based. You should try out a few different random times to make sure you get the same parameter results each time. Here's a tip: If you use times like 12:30:30, you won't have to wait for the clock to go around to the next minute. It can help speed up the process. Also, you don't need to mash A to get into the game as fast as possible in Gen V (you can if you want; it makes no difference). Just make sure you don't press any buttons until the Nintendo logo appears.

You're on the right track. You've done everything right so far, just try out some other times (two or three) to ensure you're getting the correct parameters.

Good to know, I'll try some other times now. Where I go from there, I don't know, but hopefully I'll figure it out :3

Tried a different date, got the same Durant (♂) L42 Docile Likes To Fight, but when I enter the IVs in the Parameter finder, I get no results?

I'm gonna try again on a different date, using a different Pokemon.

I tried it two more times, with two different Boldore's that appeared twice and three times.

Last edited: