1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

*Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation V Discussion' started by NoDice, Aug 4, 2011.

1. TDawg

TDawg Well-Known Member

Are you filling out the min and max like you should be or 1 exact IV for each box?

2. foxyman1167

foxyman1167 From Zero To Hero

I'm definitely filling out the min max.

Could the problem be that sometimes Cheren is there? Or does that matter?

3. ~Selene~

~Selene~ I Collect Shaymin

Your supposed to sweet scent as soon as you enter the game without moving.

4. TDawg

TDawg Well-Known Member

You wanna sweet scent to the room to the right of Cheren

5. Too Funk to Druck

Too Funk to Druck I am America

I'm pretty sure that Cheren doesn't move, so it doesn't really matter.

6. TDawg

TDawg Well-Known Member

Yeah I know :p I just always do that.

7. foxyman1167

Why does the OP suggest Victory Road? Wouldn't it be a better idea to go to Giant Chasm or something?

8. Too Funk to Druck

Too Funk to Druck I am America

I'm not exactly sure, but probably because you're more likely to get a good range of IVs from the Pokemon you catch. Earlier places may give you too big of a range, while places like Giant Chasm may not give you a range at all. But I didn't write the OP, so I don't actually know why.

9. foxyman1167

I feel so dumb, I had the wrong Mac Address :|

Such an idiot, now I'm getting results.

OK, after getting the exact VCount, Time0, GxStat, and VFrame, where do I go from there.

I've nailed the VCount, GxStat, and VFrame, but Time0 keeps flip flopping between C7E and C7F, any tips to determine which to use? I've tried at least 5 pokemon, and it flips back and forth every time.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
  10. TDawg

TDawg Well-Known Member

You click Use parameters in Time Finder and go from there with what ever you wanted to do. And you most likely just have two timer0s.

11. foxyman1167

So I'm all set?

Thanks for all the help everyone, hopefully I don't endure any more hiccups.

12. TDawg

TDawg Well-Known Member

Yeah you're ready to go.

Well you know where to go if you do.

13. ~Selene~

~Selene~ I Collect Shaymin

Actually Giant Chasm is a good place to get your parameters. Maybe the OP just prefers Victory Road?

14. foxyman1167

OK, I'm trying to RNG an Omanyte from an Egg, just trying to pick a good seed now.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
  15. craig87

craig87 New Member

Hi, im attempting to rng shiny flawless wild pokemon. Im hitting my seed and getting the right shiny frame but the ivs are normal. Is there a certain way to get flawless ivs with wild pokemon?

16. Kalosian

Kalosian Never Say Forever

You will need to find a new Seed with the desired IVs and a reasonably low shiny PID frame. If you haven't done an ID/SID abuse, you will most likely have to search for quite long to be able to find one, unless you would get lucky and find one quickly.

17. foxyman1167

Is there a Shifting Start Frame when RNG'ing for Eggs?

18. Aegon

Aegon Well-Known Member

Yes, due to the NPCs on Route 3. As soon as the season screen begins to appear, start mashing X to get the menu up as quickly as possible. Then, close the menu and collect the egg - again, as fast as can be. Hatch the egg and see where you landed via copying the seed into RNG Reporter's main window and filling out the correct information (Breeding (BW), etc.) and clicking generate.

19. foxyman1167

If I generate a seed for an Adamant Chlorophyll (Ability 0) Deerling with 31/31/31/31/31/31 on Route 6, figure out my SSF, view Chatot's summary, then Sweet Scent, if I don't find a Deerling, should the other pokemon also have the same perfect IVs as Deerling?

20. Kalosian

Kalosian Never Say Forever

Yes, it should, provinding your Timer0 doesn't fluctuate.