1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

*Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation V Discussion' started by NoDice, Aug 4, 2011.

1. foxyman1167

foxyman1167 From Zero To Hero

From my testing of my DS' Parameters, apparently it moves between C7E and C7F.

Would they also have the corresponding ability for Ability 0, which is Chlorophyll for Deerling?

2. Kalosian

Kalosian Never Say Forever

That is just normal. You have to check and see which of them appears more often and stick with it. If you have problems hitting getting the right one, try turning on your DS a little earlier or later on the second and it will probably solve the problem.

EDIT: Your Timer0 has nothing to do with which ability your targets get, that is determined by their PID.

3. MSK

MSK Well-Known Member

It should do if you hit the right seed, just need to check down the list in main window to see how far off you were then adjust accordingly. If IV's aren't correct then you either missed your seed or your timer0 has fluctuated.

I'm just in the process of chain breeding to get an egg move,

Flawless Ditto + Drowzee = Drowzee 31/31/31/31/31/31 Male Shiny, level up to Hypno and teach Switcheroo.

Flawless Drowzee + Cacturne = Cacnea 2/31/31/31/31/27 Male Shiny :(

Had 2 shiny Frames right next to each other and hit the wrong one :( lol, gotta try again now and keep missing it this time.

4. foxyman1167

Ok, I'm missing my seed then, because the pokemon that correspond to what I'm catching are listed at +200 Frame, and that can't be right, because the SSF is 67, and I'm viewing Chatot's summary <5 times.

5. MSK

MSK Well-Known Member

Well that depends, are there any wandering NPC's on the route, and also is there any weather in effect as both of these will rapidly advance the frame.
    Try finding seeds in Summer or Spring months as there will be no weather or use the trick somewhere earlier on here to get rid of weather for wild Pokemon.

6. Too Funk to Druck

Too Funk to Druck I am America

Yeah, I think Route 6 has weather on it depending on the season, so you're gonna have to get rid of the summer, or find a new seed.

And my definite not lying final RNG on my current save of Black(maybe):

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    #645 Landorus | NN: None | Gender:
    OT: Ayumi~★ | ID: 13423
    Naive | Caught: 2/2/2000 | Abundant Shrine
    Type:Ground/Flying | Ability: Sand Force
    Earthquake | Rock Slide | Sandstorm | Fissure
    31/39/30/31/31/31
    Hidden Power:Ice 70

I forgot that this existed and almost started the game over without catching it. <.< Whoops. ​

7. MSK

MSK Well-Known Member

Lol I take it that should be 29 for Attack otherwise that is one heavy hitting Landorus!! ;)

8. foxyman1167

It should probably be a 31 instead, not sure why you'd RNG for an IV of 29 on a peokmon that is heavily Attack based.

Anyone have any tips for RNG'ing a Fossil? I know there are a ton of NPCs in the Museum...

9. Too Funk to Druck

It should be a 30, which would give it HP Ice.

10. Kalosian

Fossils are very easy to RNG (in my opinion at least). The NPCs aren't as bad as they might seem, you will usually get a low SSF. I don't know how good you are at RNGing yet, but here is a small guide:

1. Obviously, you need to get a fossil of the Pokemon you want. You can Soft-reset in front of the fossil guy at Twist Mountain until he gives you one if you don't have it already.
    2. Have six Pokemon in your Party and go to the fossil reviver in Nacrene. Give her the fossil, and she will revive it, but you will not be able to get it yet since your party is full.
    3. Deposit at least one Pokemon in your PC, then return and save in front of the reviver.
    4. Find a seed with your desired IVs, for Frame 1, select Gift Pokemon as your Encounter Type.
    5. Hit your seed by starting the game at the right time, mash X once the Season screen appears to bring up the menu, and exit immediately. Mash A to recieve your Fossil, see what PID Frame you hit by checking the Nature/Ability/Chacteristics of your Pokemon and see where that frame is (Method 5 PIDRNG). Also make sure to check its IVs to see if you hit the right Timer0.
    6. Find your desired Nature/Ability in the list in the RNG Reporter. Make sure you have selected Gift Pokemon as Encounter Type. See how many chatters you need to do in order to get the Nature/Ability you want.
    7. Repeat step 5, but before exiting the Menu after bringing it up, do all the chatters you need. If done correctly, you should have the Fossil you wanted.

I suck at explaining, so I'm honestly not expecting you (or anyone else) to understand this...

Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
  11. foxyman1167

How do I know it has the desired IVs? I input the IVs I want, but the Seeds don't have a list for what their IVs are.

And you explained it quite coherently actually.

12. Kalosian

After getting your Parameters, go to the Time Finder (you could just press "Use Results in Time Finder" in the Parameter window). Select Gen V IVs (Standard Seed)* under Method and Gift Pokemon under Encounter Type (this doesn't matter, but I recommend it anyway). Set min/max frames to 1, and enter the year/month you want to search. Set the IVs you want in the IV tables and click generate. When you get a result, you will see what IVs it will have.
    Did that answer your question?

*will have a different name if you are using an earlier version than 9.93

Oh, and thank you.

13. foxyman1167

Should I be expecting a really highly numbered frame?

14. Kalosian

For the IV frame, no. Honestly, you should not be using anything above 1.
    But for the PID frame, maybe. It will depend on the seed you find, but I suppose you should be able to find what you want within frame 50-100 from your shifted starting frame.

15. Too Funk to Druck

Probably. It'll be higher with the more specific things you're looking for. Adding keypresses(go to 5th Gen parameters setup?) will make it easier to find seeds you want.

16. foxyman1167

Any videos for RNG'ing Gift Pokemon? I've only found such for hatching eggs and wild encounters.

17. Too Funk to Druck

There might not be, but it's essentially the same thing. Basically. start the game at the right time, and when you press continue, mash X until the menu comes up, do your Chatot flips, exit out of the Pokemon menu, and then exit out o the main menu mashing A as soon as you press B.

18. gunbomb90

gunbomb90 NickR3ita

Can some1 tell me how to do C Gear RNG-ing? I dont get it..

19. Too Funk to Druck

Why are you c-gear RNGing? You can just standard RNG. Unless your doing entralink stuff?

20. Aegon

Aegon Well-Known Member

There's a new version of RNG Reporter available now, 9.93 BETA. Now I can finally look for seeds for the event Thundurus. :D