• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

jolteon135

1.) Can anyone trade me a Chatot?
Serebii has a trade forum. You should use it.
2.) How do I find out my SID?
Pokecheck.org, ir-gts-bw or restart your game and RNG it.

3.) Is a foreign Ditto with flawless IV's neccesary for hatching flawless shinies?
No. It helps though.

I'll trade you the Chatot and a Flawless Japanese Ditto if you want but you might have to wait a few hours. I'll VM when I have them ready. In the meantime if someone else wants to help him out go ahead.

Tarro57

RNGer, haters hate.
As a newcomer to RNG'ing (first one completed yesterday) I think this thread is absolutely fantastic. It makes much more sense to anyone who is beginning from scratch and not Gen IV and I can't wait to use it to try PIDRNG's and Egg's etc..

I'm in a rush so haven't had time to read the top post, so sorry if these are answered there. But I have 3 questions to pose:
1.) Can anyone trade me a Chatot?
2.) How do I find out my SID?
3.) Is a foreign Ditto with flawless IV's neccesary for hatching flawless shinies?

Thanks in advance, and once again congratulations on a brilliant thread!

Here are my answers for you:

1.) I can trade you.
2.) You can use Pokecheck which tells you all of the details about the Pokemon you send there. (Requires Wi-Fi) (You keep the Pokemon you send)
3.) A foreign flawless Ditto is very, Very good when breeding but isn't necessary.

Kailassa

Nanna Ninetales
Date=Date you set the DS clock to
Time=Time you start up the game at from the DS menu (clock screen).
If you want to start up at 3:35:30 you would set the clock to 3:35, turn off the game, turn it back on and watch the seconds hand on the clock until the seconds hand hits 30. Press A to start up the game as soon as the seconds hand hits 30 and then wait for the gamefreak logo before you press any other buttons. Enter the game. Remember to choose "no" when asked if you want to turn on the c-gear. Then sweet scent and catch a Pokemon. Check it's IVs and enter all that info into the parameter finder.
Don't people commonly need to start up the game 1 second early because of a delay in the game?
I know I have to, to hit the right seed.

jolteon135

Don't people commonly need to start up the game 1 second early because of a delay in the game?
I know I have to, to hit the right seed.
He wasn't trying to hit a specific seed. He was trying to find his parameters.

i found a seed i like what do i do with it do i copy and paste it to the main rng reporter or what???
Well eggs aren't the way to start. Eggs are fairly difficult. I'd say a stationary or wild Pokemon is the way to start. Do you even have flawless Ditto to do eggs?

EDIT: I'm going to PM you something.

Last edited:

jolteon135

yes i have a flawless japanese ditto modest nature
EDIT: once i find my seed and i paste it into the seed (hex) what do i do to breed shiny eggs or would finding flawless pokemon in the wild be easier for me since im a begginner

So you're going to RNG a wild Pokemon? Well the first step is to make sure your IV frame is 1. Look in the time finder to see if the seed you chose says frame 1. If it's not frame 1 search again. Click "5th gen DS parameters setup" and choose 2 or 3 keypresses before searching.

After you post the seed in the main window and generate the list of PID frames you need to look for a frame that gives you what you want (nature, ability, encounter slot etc). Encounter slots determine what Pokemon you encounter when you sweet scent. For a list of encounter slots click on 5th gen tools in the main window of RNG reporter and click on Black or White Encounter Tables. Once you've found a target frame it's time to find your actual starting frame.

This is the tricky part. Your actual starting PID frame is usually slightly higher than the calculated initial PID frame that RNG reporter gives you because of the NPCs (unless you're in an area with no NPCs). To find it you must hit your seed, enter the game without turning on the c-gear, let the seasons message fade by itself. While the seasons message is fading press the X button rapidly to bring up the menu as quickly as possible. Then sweet scent and catch the Pokemon you encounter. Check it's IVs to see if you hit your seed. If you did hit your seed look at the list of PID frames and look for a PID frame near your "Calculated initial PID frame" that matches the caught Pokemon. The matching frame will have the same nature, ability, encounter slot etc. That's your actual starting PID frame. Turn off the game without saving and redo it to get your target PID frame.

To hit your target PID frame:
Once you've found your actual starting PID frame, hit your seed again, let the season message fade by itself. While the season message is fading press the X button rapidly to bring up the menu as soon as it fades. This time you view Chatot's summary the appropriate number of times to advance from your actual starting frame to your target frame. Remember each view of Chatot's summary advances the PID frame by 1 so target frame-actual starting frame=the number of times you need to view Chatot's summary before sweet scenting.
Note*: If you're using a synchronizer, put another Pokemon first in your party after you open the menu. The synchronizer will only complicate things when you're trying to find your actual starting PID frame.

P.S. That was all a part of what i sent you. Gotta actually read through it or use Ctrl+F. The answers to all your questions are there.

Last edited:

jolteon135

which frame are u talking about the min -max one or the vframe or the the frame i got in time finder

The frame you get in the time finder should be 1. That's your IV frame. The frames in the main window are your PID frames.

IV frame determines IVs, PID frame determines everything else.

jolteon135

so its bad if i got 356 than
Yes. Set min frame to 1 and max frame to 1 in the time finder. Click on 5th gen DS parameters setup and choose 2 or 3 keypresses. Keypresses help you find a result faster. Synchronizers help too. If you can catch/trade for a synchronizer with the correct nature that would be good. Synchronize Elgyems are easy to catch in the Celestial Tower and Munna can also have synchronize. If you're using a synchronize don't choose nature in the time finder. Only choose sync nature.

jolteon135

wait hold on i did do all that i set my keypresses to three and i have a alkazam modest synch and the frame i got was 356

The frame you got in the time finder? You can't get frame 356 in the time finder if your max frame is 1 so I don't know what you're looking at. Screenshot might help.

Metagross-

Trader/Breeder
Ok, I have a question, if I want to practice for just IVs, can I just try what the time finder tells me, or do I need the main window?

The ironic thing is, I got my first try at RNGing perfect, but I used a masterball and haven't been able to do it since, 2 days trying so far.

jolteon135

yes thats the place where it said 356 on my frame
it didnt say 1 like urs
Did you search again and set it up similar to mine? If you search again and you're still getting high IV frames you'll need to post a screenshot. Press Prnt Scrn then open up something like paint or photoshop and paste (Ctrl+ V) it then save it. Upload it somewhere like photobucket and post a link.

Ok, I have a question, if I want to practice for just IVs, can I just try what the time finder tells me, or do I need the main window?

The ironic thing is, I got my first try at RNGing perfect, but I used a masterball and haven't been able to do it since, 2 days trying so far.
The main window is for generating PID frames. If you're only concerned with IVs all you need is the time finder.

Last edited:

Too Funk to Druck

I am America

If you don't care about natures, you can just use Time Finder. If you do, you need to go into the main page to find your starting PID frame, and to see what PID Frame you need to hit for a certain nature.

jolteon135

i may be doing something wrong with the calibrating can u walk me throught it so i can see if im doing it write like step by step

That wouldn't affect anything for searching. You would only notice that when you actual attempt to RNG something in the game.

The parameters you found like correct parameters
vcount:60 ,vframe:6 , TImer0: C7C , Gxstat:6
That's it, right? Yeah those look correct. Click on 5th gen DS parameters setup and make sure the parameters there are the same as those.

Last edited:

Metagross-

Trader/Breeder
If I have tried multiple times for a flawless pokemon and I am sure I am doing the steps right, but I get th wrong IVs, should I try recalibrating?

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
If I have tried multiple times for a flawless pokemon and I am sure I am doing the steps right, but I get th wrong IVs, should I try recalibrating.

You can, but it might not be necessary. It's possible that you're simply starting the game slightly too early/late. And, are you making sure to start the game a second before the time you're given in Time Finder?

jolteon135

If I have tried multiple times for a flawless pokemon and I am sure I am doing the steps right, but I get th wrong IVs, should I try recalibrating?

Do you keep getting the same wrong IVs? Right click the seed in the time finder and click generate adjacent seeds (current frame). See if you can find the wrong IVs in there. If not try generate adjacent seeds (frame 1) and see if you find them there. If you can't find them at all then it's probably not a timing issue or timer0 issue. In that case you should recalibrate.

Metagross-

Trader/Breeder
Yes, a second before, I use military time, make sure date and time are correct, I hold the keypresses until the GameFreak sign(or whatever it is called) shows up and swee scent where I want the pokemon.

Edit: Thanks I'll try that.