• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Vandslaux

Still need help with PID Entralink abuse. In fact, I haven't even been able to find a full guide.

Also, will my Timer0 have anything to do with hitting my Entralink seed? I'm pretty sure it only takes effect for standard seeds, since the game reseeds when you turn on the C-Gear.

At what rate does the PID frame advance, anyway? To me, seems similar to hitting a delay.

Overall, very confused on the process. Even a link to a guide would be a help.

TDawg

Still need help with PID Entralink abuse. In fact, I haven't even been able to find a full guide.

Also, will my Timer0 have anything to do with hitting my Entralink seed? I'm pretty sure it only takes effect for standard seeds, since the game reseeds when you turn on the C-Gear.

At what rate does the PID frame advance, anyway? To me, seems similar to hitting a delay.

Overall, very confused on the process. Even a link to a guide would be a help.
Currently no guide has been finished. :/
No it doesn't, just the standard seed which is how you get your Nature, but I'm pretty sure you knew that.
As for how many PIDs advance, just look at the time by each frame. That's what time the nature comes across. It's much like hitting a delay.

Vandslaux

Do I have this right?

SR like I would for a 4th gen delay, only pressing A at "-Your name- warped to the Entralink!" I have also read that I am supposed to start the third timer at this time for the nature, so what do I do? Do I start the third timer when I turn on the C-Gear at the Continue screen, assuming I'm saved in an area with no NPCs, since that will start the PID frame advancement, then come back to that when I hit my delay? I read that the PID frame advances VERY slowly, approximately once every 1.7 seconds. At the end of the third timer, do I talk to the pokemon? Or should I have already spoken to the pokemon and be on the yes/no screen?

How do I find my calibrated delay? And since my frame is at 1:56.25, I should put 116 in the First Timer in the 3rd gen tab, right? Also, I should keep the HL Calibration at -296, correct?

Last edited:

TDawg

Do I have this right?

SR like I would for a 4th gen delay, only pressing A at "-Your name- warped to the Entralink!" I have also read that I am supposed to start the third timer at this time for the nature, so what do I do? Do I start the third timer when I turn on the C-Gear at the Continue screen, assuming I'm saved in an area with no NPCs, since that will start the PID frame advancement, then come back to that when I hit my delay? I read that the PID frame advances VERY slowly, approximately once every 1.7 seconds. At the end of the third timer, do I talk to the pokemon? Or should I have already spoken to the pokemon and be on the yes/no screen?

No, at the first timer boot the game up. 2nd timer press A at "_______ warped to the Entralink." For the third timer, go the 3rd Gen setting and set the first timer to whatever second your nature come across (ignore the second one) and start that when you press A at "________ warped to the Entralink." Then at the end of that 3rd timer you should pressing A to encounter that Entralink Pkm.

How do I find my calibrated delay? And since my frame is at 1:56.25, I should put 116 in the First Timer in the 3rd gen tab, right? Also, I should keep the HL Calibration at -296, correct?

No, I think you should read these 2 guys for a better understanding of the delays.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=7626
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3159941&postcount=2

. .

Vandslaux

So press A and start the nature timer at the end of the second timer?

Edit: It's normal to get something way off your target delay when calibrating, correct? I've found my EL calibration to be 356 and I got about 80 off my target delay, but the right second.

Also, I should be turning on the C-Gear when prompted at the Continue screen, correct?

Last edited:

TDawg

So press A and start the nature timer at the end of the second timer?

Yup.

Edit: It's normal to get something way off your target delay when calibrating, correct? I've found my EL calibration to be 356 and I got about 80 off my target delay, but the right second.

Yeah it's perfectly normal.

Also, I should be turning on the C-Gear when prompted at the Continue screen, correct?

Not if you're trying to PID Abuse. Be sure to check if you hit standard seed before turning on the C-Gear.

bolded answers

Vandslaux

Honestly, I can't tell between the pitches.

Vandslaux

I found my calibrated C-Gear delay to be -82. I'm assuming it's just hit and miss from this point? Do I have this process down right?

start game at end of 1st timer
enter entralink at the end of 2nd timer (and start nature timer)
Wait around for the end of the nature timer, say yes

Also, will I have to recalibrate every time I Entralink RNG?

Edit: Consistently hitting the delay below my target delay. I'm hitting 4628, my target is 4629. Would I just change my calibrated delay to -83?

Edit: Hit my seed and Arceus had the desired IVs, but the nature was wrong, a nature about 5 seconds later, Sassy, from Arceus moving 3 times at a speed that was simply unstoppable. Would I set my 3rd gen timer 5 seconds back?

Also, does the time/date it says for the Search Entralink Nature seeds tool matter? Theoretically, with the C-Gear seed being the same, the date/time/second should be the same for all of them. IIRC, waiting 10 seconds longer in the Entralink won't change the seed.

Edit: Does the nature I'm getting have anything to do with hitting my delay for the IVs? I'm consistently getting my desired nature, but not my target seed. It has a cluster of 4.

Last edited:

Cyclone

^ where it all began
can someone help me out here? I've been RNGing pretty successfully for a couple of months now but there seems to be a huge difference in what RNG Reporter (I usually use 9.93 or 9.95) lists as my PID frames, compared to the results I get in the game. Recently I even followed the Chatot pitches for about 40 PID frames, and the pitches followed EXACTLY how they were listed in RNG Reporter. Then, when I used Sweet Scent and caught my Pokemon, the IVs were correct (all 31s) yet the Encounter Slot was WRONG (wrong Pokemon species). This has happened to me numerous times: either the encounter slot listed is different, or the nature, or the ability. The only thing that seems to match is the Chatot pitches. Also, the Initial PID frame seems to often be wrong as well.

In RNG reporter, I make sure I select everything needed such as the correct Method, Surfing Pokemon if I'm Surfing, Everstone/Sychronize, Ditto Parent, etc.

Perhaps the NPC are advancing the PID frame (or is it the IV frame they advance? I forget) but then how do you explain the 40 Chatot pitches I followed???

dewey911p

primus inter pares
can someone help me out here? I've been RNGing pretty successfully for a couple of months now but there seems to be a huge difference in what RNG Reporter (I usually use 9.93 or 9.95) lists as my PID frames, compared to the results I get in the game. Recently I even followed the Chatot pitches for about 40 PID frames, and the pitches followed EXACTLY how they were listed in RNG Reporter. Then, when I used Sweet Scent and caught my Pokemon, the IVs were correct (all 31s) yet the Encounter Slot was WRONG (wrong Pokemon species). This has happened to me numerous times: either the encounter slot listed is different, or the nature, or the ability. The only thing that seems to match is the Chatot pitches. Also, the Initial PID frame seems to often be wrong as well.

In RNG reporter, I make sure I select everything needed such as the correct Method, Surfing Pokemon if I'm Surfing, Everstone/Sychronize, Ditto Parent, etc.

Perhaps the NPC are advancing the PID frame (or is it the IV frame they advance? I forget) but then how do you explain the 40 Chatot pitches I followed???

its probably the NPCs, and its the PIDRNG they advance. The reason the pitches match but the PIUD is wrong is probably because the NPCs advance the frame in between the time you finish listening to the cries and the time you sweet scent. that really shouldnt happen, but maybe. Is there any weather conditions in the area, are there NPCs, are you walking in grass/a cave/surfing etc. those are all things that could affect your PID frame

Cyclone

^ where it all began
its probably the NPCs, and its the PIDRNG they advance. The reason the pitches match but the PIUD is wrong is probably because the NPCs advance the frame in between the time you finish listening to the cries and the time you sweet scent. that really shouldnt happen, but maybe. Is there any weather conditions in the area, are there NPCs, are you walking in grass/a cave/surfing etc. those are all things that could affect your PID frame

It happened when I was Surfing. No weather conditions. There were NPCs but i cant imagine they advanced the frame because I went directly from my Chatots' summary pages to my Pokemon's Sweet Scent -- I never closed the menu. And I had "Wild Pokemon (Surfing)" selected while viewing the PID frames in RNG Reporter. I just don't get it!

Last edited:

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
NPCs still move during the Sweet Scent animation, so it could possibly be NPCs. It would certainly explain why your pitches are matching, but you're missing your seed.

Magester

Dark Trainer
Do NPCs advance the PIDRNG if you can't see them on screen? Or is simply being on the route/in the cave with them moving enough to advance the PIDRNG?

As well, I'm finding I'm having problems getting Fraxure with the IVs I need. I'm still rather new to this and while I have been getting several flawless Pokemon, I'm finding some areas are not working well for me. =P

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
Do NPCs advance the PIDRNG if you can't see them on screen? Or is simply being on the route/in the cave with them moving enough to advance the PIDRNG?

As well, I'm finding I'm having problems getting Fraxure with the IVs I need. I'm still rather new to this and while I have been getting several flawless Pokemon, I'm finding some areas are not working well for me. =P

Yes, they do. In caves, it's only if they're on the same floor. If you're not getting IVs, it seems you're having a problem hitting the IV frame, which isn't affected by NPCs. It may be a Timer0 problem.

Magester

Dark Trainer
As for NPCs, are all NPCs advancing PIDRNG frames or just NPCs with "random" movements?

Any NPC that moves erratically, or NPCs that are trainers whether they're defeated or not that move will advance your PID frames. I think there's a list of places with no WNPCs to hinder you on page 1 of the thread, if you need it.