• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
I'm doing non C-gear RNG and I have typed everything in for the 5th gen time finder, and yet when I press generate, I find nothing. Any help?

Did you find your parameters? If so, what are you looking for? If you're doing wild/stationary, you might not find seeds all the time, especially if you're looking for a specific seed.

Too Funk to Druck

I am America

Vandslaux

For DPP starter abuse, would I wait in Twinleaf Town while the NPC(s) move around? I'm thinking of RNGing a shiny Impish spread and RNGing a shiny starter Turtwig. Impish gets Regirock, Registeel, Uxie, and Giratina. Any wild pokes it would be useful for? Aron, maybe? Though I don't care to learn Radar abuse. I've never even successfully chained.

SakuraLatias

Objection!
For DPP starter abuse, would I wait in Twinleaf Town while the NPC(s) move around? I'm thinking of RNGing a shiny Impish spread and RNGing a shiny starter Turtwig. Impish gets Regirock, Registeel, Uxie, and Giratina. Any wild pokes it would be useful for? Aron, maybe? Though I don't care to learn Radar abuse. I've never even successfully chained.

I know that the 128 steps will not advance, since that you don't have any Pokemon in your party. Give it a try. Aron could work with Impish. I'll try to do Poke Radar abuse on my English Platinum. Good luck with DPP Starter!

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
Hi lovely people.

So I'm researching Hidden Power Ground 70, and apparently the IV spread for it is 31,31,31,31,30,30 (hp/atk/def/spd/sp atk/sp def).

Firstly, is this correct? And secondly, does it have to be these IVs exactly, or can it just be any numbers so long as they follow the odd/even pattern?

edit - thanks, eleventh!

Last edited:

Vandslaux

When RNGing DPt IDs, do you press A at the end of the second timer so the TV screen disappears, or the "See you next week, same time, same channel!" screen? Though, like HGSS ID RNGing, it seems to require a different calibrated delay than normal, since it's uncontrollable when that screen stops, like the shrinking in HGSS. Or is it generated during the black screen between the shrinking and the TV screen? Basically, just press A at the other last screen and see what I hit, then adjust the calibrated delay?

Last edited:

Aegon

When RNGing DPt IDs, do you press A at the end of the second timer so the TV screen disappears, or the "See you next week, same time, same channel!" screen? Though, like HGSS ID RNGing, it seems to require a different calibrated delay than normal, since it's uncontrollable when that screen stops, like the shrinking in HGSS. Or is it generated during the black screen between the shrinking and the TV screen? Basically, just press A at the other last screen and see what I hit, then adjust the calibrated delay?
You have to press A at the end of the second timer to close the TV report on-screen in DPPt.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter

Vandslaux

IDK if I should post this in the DMP thread, but I just within 2 minutes ago RNGed my Platinum IDs.

Looking at the circumstances, DPt starter abuse on a retail cart looks sure as hell "don't try it".

Last edited:

KiltedTrainer

Guardian of Asgard
Why is it that when I RNG in gen 5, if I find a seed that I like that claims to need a cute charm, I enter the seed into the clipboard and generate everything, the shiny frame doesn't show up as the time finder reports it? It happens with every single seed I find that has a cute charm aspect to it. I can find and hit wild non-cute charm frames without fail, but I can't even try to go for the ones that are cute charm. I've heard cute charm isn't important unless working with genders but then why can't I use any seeds with it?

Vandslaux

You need a Cute Charm lead that's the opposite gender of your target, and your target has to have the listed M/F gender ratio. Click on the Synchronize button in the main screen, and it changes to Cute Charm (and Suction Cups, for whatever reason).