• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Vandslaux

I've tried RNGing something for my sister, I tried RNGing it with her ID/SID, it didn't come out shiny. This was on a regular DS Lite. But I don't understand why it would hatch shiny in his game if the ID/SID aren't set to his.

Vandslaux

I think it's only shiny if you both have the same ID/SID combos.

Zorua?!

CANNED
I've a question, as I'm starting RNGing soon: how hard is using a DSi to RNG compared to a lite?
also, what are other drawbacks?

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
I've a question, as I'm starting RNGing soon: how hard is using a DSi to RNG compared to a lite?
also, what are other drawbacks?

The only real drawback of using a DSi/3DS to RNG on Gen V is that you don't have an analog clock with a seconds hand, so you'll need some way to keep track of seconds. Otherwise, it's pretty much exactly the same as far as I know.

SakuraLatias

Objection!
I'm trying to RNG Abuse my ID/SID on my Eng. HG. Whatever I'm trying to hit odd delay, I ended up hitting even delay. Or trying to hit an even delay, ended up hitting odd delay. Is it because I got the GBA Slot inserted? Or it is inconsistent?

EDIT: Never mind. I figured it out. Its my Calibrated Delay.

Last edited:

Myrrh

When using the time finder to search for frame 1 seeds for wild pokemon RNGs, is there any reason to search for a specific encounter slot at all? I ask this because it seems like you have to search for a frame in the main window that lists the encounter slot you want when you select Gen 5 PIDRNG anyways.

Vandslaux

When using the time finder to search for frame 1 seeds for wild pokemon RNGs, is there any reason to search for a specific encounter slot at all? I ask this because it seems like you have to search for a frame in the main window that lists the encounter slot you want when you select Gen 5 PIDRNG anyways.

When you find an IV seed, then, in the main window, put that IV seed in the seed box and change the encounter method to PIDRNG, then just skim the list for a desirable nature and encounter slot. Then just, taking your initial PID frame into account, Chatot flip to that frame and Sweet Scent.

Myrrh

When you find an IV seed, then, in the main window, put that IV seed in the seed box and change the encounter method to PIDRNG, then just skim the list for a desirable nature and encounter slot. Then just, taking your initial PID frame into account, Chatot flip to that frame and Sweet Scent.

Yeah I know. But I've been searching for IV seeds with specific encounter slots. Was this unecessary and causing me to turn up less seeds?

Vandslaux

Yeah I know. But I've been searching for IV seeds with specific encounter slots. Was this unecessary and causing me to turn up less seeds?

No, it has nothing to do with it.

Vandslaux

Does anybody know of a seed with a somewhat low frame that has a PID that, when turned into decimal form, is less than 656? Planning on RNGing a Munchlax from a Honey tree.

Too Funk to Druck

I am America

Yes. The more specific you are in your search, the less seeds you'll find. In most cases, Pokemon are available on more than one encounter slot, so there's no real reason to search for a specific one.

No, it has nothing to do with it.

Err, it does affect how many seeds you'll find.

Vandslaux

Yes. The more specific you are in your search, the less seeds you'll find. In most cases, Pokemon are available on more than one encounter slot, so there's no real reason to search for a specific one.

Err, it does affect how many seeds you'll find.

Searching for an encounter slot when finding a frame 1 IV seed means nothing. It doesn't show up with the encounter slot anyway, as that's up to the PIDRNG.

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
Guys, I don't have any original cartridge of Generation V games, so... Will RNG work in a flashcard (DStwo)?
I read somewhere that it does not work, but the thread is very outdated.

If not, I'll try to RNG in Generation IV games. Thanks!

KiltedTrainer

Guardian of Asgard
Is there a 4th Gen RNG discussion thread anywhere? I can't seem to find it/one... and I have questions relating issues I am running into with times not matching up no matter what I do. I don't want to post the stuff here since this is for 5th gen and I can do all of that well now, but 4th gen I need help on. No guides have an answer from what I've read so can anyone direct me to the place to ask 4th gen RNG questions?

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
Is there a 4th Gen RNG discussion thread anywhere? I can't seem to find it/one... and I have questions relating issues I am running into with times not matching up no matter what I do. I don't want to post the stuff here since this is for 5th gen and I can do all of that well now, but 4th gen I need help on. No guides have an answer from what I've read so can anyone direct me to the place to ask 4th gen RNG questions?

I think there is one, but you can just ask here.

KiltedTrainer

Guardian of Asgard
Alright, so I finally have read and read and READ every resource I can find on 4th gen rng and understand the basic stuff. I didn't RNG my ID/SID but found some seeds I like for the Lugia in my playthrough of SS right now and since I'm finally at Lugia I decided I'd try to RNG it tonight.

But alas, there's always a catch with RNG'ing the first time, isn't there? :p

I can't find any info on this issue, so I'll explain it in as much detail as possible.

I have found a seed for my ID/SID (42594/35945). the seed is: 861103BA

Seed to time info is as follows for that seed on 2-23-2011 at 17:58:30 (with the seconds set to 30 in the top box for seconds).

-Delay = 943

I generate +/- 50 seeds and +/- 2 seconds to see the surrounding seeds.

I have eontimer set to the following:

-Calibrated Delay: 480
-Calibrated Seconds: 14
-Target Delay: 943
-Target seconds: 30

Eontimer tells me that it is a 1 minute before target timeframe and the 1st countdown reads 68:27.

I hit as close as possible to get the delay and hit my seed just like everyone says to do. I've not gotten the delay corect anytime, but the delay has been close (I'm not quite getting the split-second button hitting yet, but that's not the issue hand from what I can tell).

The issue is that no matter what we (Wolveram and I) do, we never hit the right time. We are never hitting the target 30 seconds. Instead, we hit seeds that are there at 28 seconds. The 2 second difference is a straight constant, and if I switch the calibrated time to 12 seconds on eon timer, my result isn't in my seeds that are generated in seed to time whatsoever.

What is wrong that is causing this 2 second difference? I have a gut feeling that that difference is the only thing in my way frm 4th gen rng now, but I have no clue how to resolve it.

Thanks for any advice!

||Caboose||

Precision.
Try using +/- 99 seeds for a bigger range, that usually works for me, and using +/- 1 second. Also, in eontimer, go to settings, change the mode to visual or audio depending on what you want to use. Visual works best in case eontimer lags for you. I use 1 beep per second, and number of beeps at 9 because it gives a 10th beat at 0.00, but you can change it to whatever you want so you have a good indication of when you need to start the game. If you are using a ds phat or lite, you can put a pokemon gba game in the slot to help you hit even/odd delays, but I forgot which ones does which.

Hope I helped in some way :/