• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

TopDecking Shinobi

My Timer0 for both is 12BB. And some of them do some of them dont.

TopDecking Shinobi

Could I get someone here to explain how they go about getting shiny eggs in detail? Sorry to be a pain but if I knew how some of you did it exactly I may be able to figure this out. *sighs* Right now I think my main problem is hitting my seed and managing to get the chatters up to advance my frame to 58 so I can get a shiny 31/31/31/31/31/31 Solosis.

Could I get someone here to explain how they go about getting shiny eggs in detail? Sorry to be a pain but if I knew how some of you did it exactly I may be able to figure this out. *sighs* Right now I think my main problem is hitting my seed and managing to get the chatters up to advance my frame to 58 so I can get a shiny 31/31/31/31/31/31 Solosis.

It's really easy after a few successful attempts. Just have an egg in the Day-Care man's hands, save in front of him, and hit your seed. There are wandering NPCs on the day-care route (don't worry about the Cottonee/Petilil and Mincinno, they don't advance), just adjust your chatters to compensate for what you hit. If the results don't match your RNG Reporter window then it's prolly Timer0 fluctuation. I usually undershoot the chatters by 2 or 3 on purpose to compensate for WNPCs and hit my shiny on the first try most of the time.

Also, set RNG Reporter set to display characteristics, it'll make life easier. Right click any frame in the main window and click "Display Parents in Search" and enter parent IVs and click "Get IVs from RNG". This will make RNG Reporter list the characteristic and the IV spread for the frame instead of just inherited IVs. The Judge in Gear Station is also a great help for seed checking when a lot of your frames have the same characteristic.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
It's likely your timer0 and/or WNPCs. Do the results match up with any nearby PID frames?

I already got it? lol its alright though thanks for the help :) no it was just my timer trolling me since i was not hitting on the exact 1 min ahead...it fine now :) I posted it in Discuss thread...working on my shiny roselia now with spikes...then on to heartgold and soulsilver rngin to learn...

RNG_Reporter

i have a few more Unova pokemon to go and I will be complete in doing the entire region.. it has been my goal since BW came out.. but i've just been soooooooooooooo busy.

Hopefully it won't be pointless and will be important even when BW2 comes out.. i'm sure people will want them..

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
btw guys does anyone know if the rng stuff is the same for B&W 2? I was wondering cuaz i would like to learn that when the game comes out in my area which will be in the fall sometime...

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
btw guys does anyone know if the rng stuff is the same for B&W 2? I was wondering cuaz i would like to learn that when the game comes out in my area which will be in the fall sometime...

afaik, it's exactly the same as BW but with more Timer0s.

dewey911p

primus inter pares

people have already RNGed pokemon using B2/W2 and the current version of RNG reporter. the games are still unsupported i believe so it requires more user input (such as being able to find the right PID frame even though it might be 20 frames off) but aside from those little differences, which RNG reporter will most likely correct for the user when the next version is released, the RNG seems to be the same.

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
people have already RNGed pokemon using B2/W2 and the current version of RNG reporter. the games are still unsupported i believe so it requires more user input (such as being able to find the right PID frame even though it might be 20 frames off) but aside from those little differences, which RNG reporter will most likely correct for the user when the next version is released, the RNG seems to be the same.

They're supported in the alpha version of 9.96 and PPRNG 1.12.0

Zorua?!

CANNED
If walking advances the PID Frame by 2 every step and by X (# of pkmn in party) for every 128 steps for the IV Frame, wouldn't the PID Frame advance while you are trying to hit a IV Frame? Can't you pass/skip your PID Frame while trying to hit your IV Frame?

Also, for eggs, What exactly does ''Show Inheritance'' mean?
And on the main RNG window, when do we check ''Roamer Released?''

Last edited:

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
If walking advances the PID Frame by 2 every step and by X (# of pkmn in party) for every 128 steps for the IV Frame, wouldn't the PID Frame advance while you are trying to hit a IV Frame? Can't you pass/skip your PID Frame while trying to hit your IV Frame?

Also, for eggs, What exactly does ''Show Inheritance'' mean?
And on the main RNG window, when do we check ''Roamer Released?''

Yes, generally the PID advances when you go for an IV frame, so you could, but if you search for a high enough PID frame, it won't be a problem.

Show Inheritance shows what IVs the egg will get from the each parent. And you check Roamer Released if the roamer is roaming and hasn't been caught.

richi3f

Bug Catcher
This is the first time I try to RNG and I can't get it to work, so I would appreciate if someone helped me. I'm trying to get a Kyurem with perfect IVs (nature does not matter as this is only for testing matters). I already calibrated my DS Lite and then used the Time Finder to get target time (06/19/12 04:32:54) and frame (1). I set my DS date and time to 06/19/12 04:32 and start a chronometer. When the chronometer reaches 00:53 I start the game and do not press any keys. Then I load my save without turning C-Gear on and catch the Kyurem in front of me. I've tried this several times and I get the same Pokémon: a bashful Kyurem with the following spread: 30 / 0-1 / 19 / 15 / 11 / 12. What I'm doing wrong? I followed the instructions here.

Edit: I tried with a wild Pokémon. I wanted Sneasel so according to this sheet I had to select slot 2 as I'm Giant Chasm's Inner Cave. I followed the same steps from before, but this time I used Sweet Scent instead of interacting with Kyurem. I got a wild Golbat with the spread I wanted (31 / 30 / 30 / 4 / 30 / 30). It's kinda nice having it, but I have two questions: why isn't it Sneasel and why it didn't work with Kyurem?

Last edited:

TopDecking Shinobi

I think you hit a frame on a different seed, but not sure. New to this myself. I recently RNG'd a shiny Terrakion, took me a while to get it too. If you keep getting that same Kyurem, right click the seed you're using and click Generate Adjacent Seeds. Check the IV's of the Kyurem to see if it matches any nearby seeds. I believe I had to do that with my Terrakion and I think I was off slightly for hitting my seed. Again though I'm still kinda new at this, but I've RNG'd a regular Volcarona with 31 in everything except ATK, and 31 in everything but Sp. ATK on Terrakion and the Terrakion was shiny.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter

oh damn twenty frames off D: wow thats crazy but it sounds like a challenge to me ;) lol...glad to here its almost the same...once that game comes out im gunna upgrade my rng reporter for that :) unless i can use my old one? i got the 9.95 version right now...also im gunna break from this last shiny on my black and want to learn so bad on hg and ss...so someone help me i want to to know how to i get the reporter to give some results but it just doesn't give me any when i put it in the reporter for capture...i want to try to do stationary legendaries like moltres, zapdos, articuno and etc...some got some steps to do for me please? im so lost lol

Last edited:

Aegon

oh damn twenty frames off D: wow thats crazy but it sounds like a challenge to me ;) lol...glad to here its almost the same...once that game comes out im gunna upgrade my rng reporter for that :) unless i can use my old one? i got the 9.95 version right now...also im gunna break from this last shiny on my black and want to learn so bad on hg and ss...so someone help me i want to to know how to i get the reporter to give some results but it just doesn't give me any when i put it in the reporter for capture...i want to try to do stationary legendaries like moltres, zapdos, articuno and etc...some got some steps to do for me please? im so lost lol
Try reading through some guides first, like this one. If you have any specific questions, be sure to ask here. What do you need help with, exactly?

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Try reading through some guides first, like this one. If you have any specific questions, be sure to ask here. What do you need help with, exactly?

everything but first though is to get my reporter to give me a result first...i keep getting nothing...