• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Pokemans man

magikarp trainer
hi i am having a problem with rng breeding. i can hit my seed but whenever im going for a frame where my timer0 is 123C my timer0 is 123D making me get a completely different pokemon (those are my 2 t0). is the timer0 just random or does it change specific for each seed?

Pokemans man

magikarp trainer
nevermind i just hatched my first bred rng a shiny magikarp :D

dewey911p

primus inter pares
hi i am having a problem with rng breeding. i can hit my seed but whenever im going for a frame where my timer0 is 123C my timer0 is 123D making me get a completely different pokemon (those are my 2 t0). is the timer0 just random or does it change specific for each seed?

In answer to your question anyway, Timer0 is random and uncontrollable. Just keep trying and it will eventually stick, or switch seeds. Either way timer0 is the one factor of RNGing that is still based on luck (Although one Timer0 is typically more common than the other one is).

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
nevermind i just hatched my first bred rng a shiny magikarp :D

congrats :D and wow guys im so stupid i keep missing alot of reading on the hg and ss and on top of it i was using the wrong method for the roamers :/ so i had to restart the whole search the seed again...i was trying to use method 1 which i should of been using method k :/ also i may go for a rash instead cuaz i can't search a timid hp ice flawless...got better results with the rash anyway...wish me luck on my first 4th gen rng...if i need some help ill post...

edit: second to what dewey said it took me forever to get my shiny flawless bellsprout cuaz of the timer0...

Pokemans man

magikarp trainer
thanks but its pretty easy to breed magikarps because they dont take long to hatch :D still happy though now comes the challenge, breeding shiny phiones :D

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
oh got one question guys forgot to ask now when im trying to get my dream roamer for example raikou...do i KO it first before search the seed or do i keep it roaming? i just want to make sure i do everthing right? and also once i get the seed do i KO the roamer while the game is still on with the delay and everything? just making sure im doing stuff right?

dewey911p

primus inter pares
oh got one question guys forgot to ask now when im trying to get my dream roamer for example raikou...do i KO it first before search the seed or do i keep it roaming? i just want to make sure i do everthing right? and also once i get the seed do i KO the roamer while the game is still on with the delay and everything? just making sure im doing stuff right?

search for the seed whenever, but when you go to RNG it you should first KO it (let the other 2 roam still) then go to the E4. Save right in front of lance and then hit your seed. Verify the seed with the location of the other 2 roamers and then advance the frame with Chatot (or the Radio, but i find that to be to inconsistent and unreliable). From there battle lance and once the game loads after the credits find and catch Raikou, verify your results and reset. Then do the other 2 the same way. If you dont want to do the other 2 roamers you can always reset and use a special ball to catch your Raikou (i would use a masterball first to confirm you did everything right, unless you want to fight with the catching mechanics for an hour just to find out you missed your frame).

Also, Roamers are indeed method 1 so be sure to use a method one seed

Last edited:

Pokemans man

magikarp trainer
i think you have to ko it then do the elite 4 again because after you beat them the roamer is generated. then save away from lance and do the rng stuff.
i never got it to work though

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
search for the seed whenever, but when you go to RNG it you should first KO it (let the other 2 roam still) then go to the E4. Save right in front of lance and then hit your seed. Verify the seed with the location of the other 2 roamers and then advance the frame with Chatot (or the Radio, but i find that to be to inconsistent and unreliable). From there battle lance and once the game loads after the credits find and catch Raikou, verify your results and reset. Then do the other 2 the same way. If you dont want to do the other 2 roamers you can always reset and use a special ball to catch your Raikou (i would use a masterball first to confirm you did everything right, unless you want to fight with the catching mechanics for an hour just to find out you missed your frame).

Also, Roamers are indeed method 1 so be sure to use a method one seed

hmmmmm okay why does the dang thing on the top say method 1 is not roamers on this site then? http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3467154 but later in the thing i readi it is was confusing but okay...so when loading with the delay right? i then KO Raikou then head to e4 which there save one step in front of lance then do my radio/chatot stuff there and then catch it...only thing is when i searched first on method 1 i got a frame that was the lowest was 491 which someone told me i should use the radio for this? so whats wrong with the radio though? and also if its the wrong seed then how do i fix that? do i just do the whole thing over again?

Last edited:

dewey911p

primus inter pares
hmmmmm okay why does the dang thing on the top say method 1 is not roamers on this site then? http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3467154 but later in the thing i readi it is was confusing but okay...so when loading with the delay right? i then KO Raikou then head to e4 which there save one step in front of lance then do my radio/chatot stuff there and then catch it...only thing is when i searched first on method 1 i got a frame that was the lowest was 491 which someone told me i should use the radio for this? so whats wrong with the radio though? and also if its the wrong seed then how do i fix that? do i just do the whole thing over again?

first KO the roamer you want to RNG then head to the E4 and save one step before the auto walk kicks in. Turn off the game and hit your seed. You can use the radio if you want, but it is inconsistent and unreliable so Chatot is the better, more controllable, method of frame advancement. As for correcting if you miss your seed/frame, well unfortunately the only way to correct it is to do the whole process all over again.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
first KO the roamer you want to RNG then head to the E4 and save one step before the auto walk kicks in. Turn off the game and hit your seed. You can use the radio if you want, but it is inconsistent and unreliable so Chatot is the better, more controllable, method of frame advancement. As for correcting if you miss your seed/frame, well unfortunately the only way to correct it is to do the whole process all over again.

oh okay thanks that makes sense im doing it right then ill try thanks again dewey your a life saver :) ill post in the my discuss thread when i get it :)

Zorua?!

CANNED
Does the timer0 HAVE to fluctuate?

I've found my parameters several times now, using 0,1,2, and 3 button presses, but my timer0 never changes and remains constant o_O

Aegon

I've found my parameters several times now, using 0,1,2, and 3 button presses, but my timer0 never changes and remains constant o_O
It may not be fluctuating right now (mine didn't noticeably until after a few months), but it likely will eventually. It doesn't matter, though, since you'll want to use your most common timer0, which you obviously know.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter

after awhile it will fluctuate...don't worry some seeds fluctuate harder then others so not to worry it took me some time to rng a flawless shiny bellsprout...its normal...

Phoenix_85x

Phantom Gengar
I tried to RNG eggs in gen 5 using This guide, but i don't know what i am doing wrong:

http://i45.*******.com/1ou6gw.png
And after copying the seed to clipboard:

http://i47.*******.com/t635fl.png

I then hit the seed, chattered up (as fast as possible to prevent the NPCs from advancing the frames) and then talked to the old day care man as fast as possible.
After that, i just hatched the egg but it didn't turn out as i wanted to.

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
I tried to RNG eggs in gen 5 using This guide, but i don't know what i am doing wrong:

http://i45.*******.com/1ou6gw.png
And after copying the seed to clipboard:

http://i47.*******.com/t635fl.png

I then hit the seed, chattered up (as fast as possible to prevent the NPCs from advancing the frames) and then talked to the old day care man as fast as possible.
After that, i just hatched the egg but it didn't turn out as i wanted to.

Bolded is the problem. You're not gonna prevent the NPCs from advancing the frame. Try again, this time chattering once to see how much the NPCs advance the frame, and then see how much you really need to advance it by.

MSK

Hey all

Been absolutely ages since I've been on here, haven't done much RNG for a while other than the Wondercard events. But am about to get my Jap copy of Black 2 and saw a couple of comments that the RNG is exactly the same as before so if anyone has them yet could you let me know where is the best place to find my parameters and if there are any other changes I should be worried about.
Also does anyone know if you can trade from Black & White 2 back to Black and White?

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
Hey all

Been absolutely ages since I've been on here, haven't done much RNG for a while other than the Wondercard events. But am about to get my Jap copy of Black 2 and saw a couple of comments that the RNG is exactly the same as before so if anyone has them yet could you let me know where is the best place to find my parameters and if there are any other changes I should be worried about.
Also does anyone know if you can trade from Black & White 2 back to Black and White?

I don't really know anything about the best place to get parameters, but the only real change is that there's more Timer0s you can hit than there were in BW. You can trade between them as soon as you get the c-gear.

Phoenix_85x

Phantom Gengar
Bolded is the problem. You're not gonna prevent the NPCs from advancing the frame. Try again, this time chattering once to see how much the NPCs advance the frame, and then see how much you really need to advance it by.

Should i chatter once and then directly get the egg or should i wait a second or so for the NPCs to move? And how will the NPCs affect how much i need to advance the frame by?
Anyway, i read in a guide that you need to have 2 flawless parents for the egg, is that true? since the guide i use says that it won't matter.
Anyway, i tried to RNG in HG to catch the flawless parents i need (since they aren't available in BW).
I used this guide, but it doesn't tell how to calibrate in HG.
Instead, it links to this guide, but it only shows how to calibrate in DPPT.

Does anyone have a good guide for HG RNG abuse? Also, do you need to download EonTimer? Since i remember that i read that somewhere.

Aegon

Should i chatter once and then directly get the egg or should i wait a second or so for the NPCs to move? And how will the NPCs affect how much i need to advance the frame by?
No, you should press X from the summary screen, and rapidly press A while the screen returns to the overworld to receive the egg as quickly as possible. Taking this approach, the NPCs should only advance by 2-5.

Anyway, i read in a guide that you need to have 2 flawless parents for the egg, is that true? since the guide i use says that it won't matter.
No. At the very least, you need three flawless IVs between the parents.

I used this guide, but it doesn't tell how to calibrate in HG.
Instead, it links to this guide, but it only shows how to calibrate in DPPT.
You don't need to calibrate anymore, thanks to EonTimer. Just enter 510 or thereabouts as your calibrated delay, then update EonTimer often with the delay you hit (only if you're considerably off the target delay).

Also, do you need to download EonTimer? Since i remember that i read that somewhere.
Yes. Here's a download link.

Try this revised guide. I haven't used it myself or read through it to a great degree, but it may be helpful.