• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

darthmalice777

Dark & Ghost FTW
after i copied the full seed to my seed (hex) do i click generate
and i have a question can u click on the shiny only box and it will generate shiny pokemon or no and if u can can u also mess with the nature and ability in the main rng screen

After you enter the seed, click "Calculate Initial PIDRNG frame", and then press generate. If you're only trying for IVs right now on a wild pokemon, you don't need the main RNG Reporter window. If your IV frame is 1, and you found a seed with the IV spread that you're looking for, you only need to start the game when it says to, and press any keys if necessary. You need to able to do this before you start worrying about shinies or natures.

jolteon135

after i copied the full seed to my seed (hex) do i click generate
and i have a question can u click on the shiny only box and it will generate shiny pokemon or no and if u can can u also mess with the nature and ability in the main rng screen

Right click your seed in the time finder and copy to clipboard. In the main window choose method 5 PIDRNG, paste your seed (Ctrl+V) where it says seed (hex), choose the encounter type, choose the sync nature (if applicable), click "Calculate Initial PID Frame" then click generate.

That's exactly what you should do, nothing else. Don't check shiny only, nature ,abilities or anything else. You will not be able to see the full list which you need to find your actual starting frame. If you want a shiny you should check "search for nearby shiny frames" in the time finder before you search.

After you do that, look for a PID frame that gives you what you desire (nature, ability, encounter slot etec). That will be your target PID frame.

jolteon135

since i just calibrated do i save the game or just turn it off because i used a durant to calibrate from victory road and i dont know if i save where i want to rng or i just turn it off

Yes you can turn off the game when you're done calibrating. Save in the area where you want to RNG. Make sure you have everything ready before saving. Sweet scenter, Chatot (with a recording), etc.

darthmalice777

Dark & Ghost FTW
since i just calibrated do i save the game or just turn it off because i used a durant to calibrate from victory road and i dont know if i save where i want to rng or i just turn it off

Save wherever you're planning on RNGing. Make sure to have all the necessary pokes in your party [sweet scenter, chatot(s), false swiper, etc].

Edit - ninja'd

Metagross-

Trader/Breeder
why do i need chatot
the date\time is this on my seed
8/03/11 and 12:10:03
dont i just set my ds clock to this time or no or what do i set it up

I know this one: you switch in between the summaries of chatots that have a voice recorded and it increases the PID Frame which is used for natures and shinies, correct me if I'm wrong, I want to learn. :)

jolteon135

^Yeah you're right.
why do i need chatot

Chatot is used to manipulate the PIDRNG which controls everything from nature to IVs, to shininess, what pokemon you encounter etc. If you just want a random pokemon with good IVs then you don't need Chatot. But if you're looking for a specific Pokemon/nature/ability/other stuff you will need a Chatot to manipulate the PIDRNG.

EDIT: Also that's a really annoying time. You'll have to set your DS Date to 8/03/2011 and set the clock to 12:09 then turn off/on and wait for almost an entire minute for 12:10:02. You're going to hit the A button to start up the game when the seconds hand hits 2 (yes 1 second before the time RNG reporter gives you).

Last edited:

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
why do i need chatot

Chatots are for PIDRNG advancements.

And to be honest I can't understand the last part. Please type better so we can help you better. No insult intended.

Metagross-

Trader/Breeder
I have another question: Is it fine that there is another seed with the exact same time and key presses but with different IVs? ._.

I'm checking to see if those are the IVs I'm getting.

EDIT: Another question, sorry! So if I want a pokemon with the same IVs, butI caught a pokemon on that seed, could I set the time back and use it again?

Last edited:

darthmalice777

Dark & Ghost FTW
I have another question: Is it fine that there is another seed with the exact same time and key presses but with different IVs? ._.

I'm checking to see if those are the IVs I'm getting.

Yes. Your timer0 can fluxuate, and when that happens you will get completely different IVs. That's why you right click on the seed you were going for, and select "find adjacent frames" and compare the IVs with what you did get.

And yes, you can re-use seeds.

Tarro57

RNGer, haters hate.

Metagross-

Trader/Breeder
Ok, so it was completely off, going to recalibrate and do it about 10 times to be absolutely sure. :)

jolteon135

so i can get a shiny with a modest nature and the ability i want correct
all i have to do is click on the shiny only box and choose the desired nature and ability on the main rng reporter page and than i click calculate initial PIDRNG Frame and if will give me my PIDRNG number and that determines how many chatot flips i need am i right and than after ur done u use sweet scent and it should be the pokemon u desire unless u did something wrong

No. The time finder is for searching. The main window is used to find your starting frame and a target frame if you're not going a shiny. If you are going for a shiny you click "search for nearby shiny frames" in the time finder before searching. You need your ID/SID too. The nearby shiny frame is your target PID frame. You will still need to generate the list of PIDs in the main window to find your starting frame. Also note that the "calculated initial PID frame" not necessarily your actual starting PID frame. The actual starting PID frame could be higher in areas with NPCs. This is why you need your IV frame to be 1 so you can deal with NPCs (I'll explain how do that when you have a suitable seed).

darthmalice777

Dark & Ghost FTW
so i can get a shiny with a modest nature and the ability i want correct
all i have to do is click on the shiny only box and choose the desired nature and ability on the main rng reporter page and than i click calculate initial PIDRNG Frame and if will give me my PIDRNG number and that determines how many chatot flips i need am i right and than after ur done u use sweet scent and it should be the pokemon u desire unless u did something wrong

In theory, yes, that is correct. But before you want to try for shinies/natures/abilities, you need to practice hitting the seed and getting the IVs you searched for. The more precise your request becomes (adding a specific ability/nature and shiny or not), the harder it becomes to figure out what went wrong. Trust us, we've all been there before. Start slow, get the hang of hitting your seed first...then add in the bells and whistles later.

jolteon135

so what do i do do i click calculate initial PIDRNG frame in the main window and on ur edit u said i had to start one second early do i click A at the ds menu or the game menu when its one second before my targets frame
Not sure what the first part of your question is. When you put a seed in the main window and choose method 5 PIDRNG there's a button that says "calculate initial PID frame." Click it.
Yes I mean from the DS menu. Thought that was obvious since I was telling you to watch the seconds hand on the clock (where else would you be watching the clock?).

arceusvictini

Taking over Serebii
I feel ashamed... I lost the DS Mac adress button on the latest RNG Reporter. Could someone show me where it is?

darthmalice777

Dark & Ghost FTW
so do i just click calculate initial PIDRNG Frame on the main rng page

For IVs only, you don't need to worry about the main RNG reporter window, only the time finder window.

@Arceusvictini: From the main RNG reporter window, click on DS parameter search. You will enter your MAC address in a field on the box that comes up.

Tarro57

RNGer, haters hate.
I feel ashamed... I lost the DS Mac adress button on the latest RNG Reporter. Could someone show me where it is?

Turn on the C-Gear, Click Internet/ Wi-Fi button, click the Wrenches on the Bottom-Left, Click options, And the then button on the top, it will show you.

jolteon135

Time finder, choose method 5 (standard seed), click on "5th gen DS parameters setup.

8/03/11 and 12:10:03 this is my targets time and date
so do i change my ds's date to 8/03/11 and change my date to what and at what time do i click A on the ds menu and at what time should i click A on the games menu do i click at 12:10:02 in the game or ds menu

You keep asking this question. Anything related to the date or time is done from the DS menu where you can actually see the time on the clock. Yes you need to click A to start up the game at 12:10:02 but you need to set the clock to 12:09:00 and wait for 12:10:02 because there's no way you're going to set the clock and turn the game off/on in 2 seconds.

Last edited:

darthmalice777

Dark & Ghost FTW
8/03/11 and 12:10:03 this is my targets time and date
so do i change my ds's date to 8/03/11 and change my date to what and at what time do i click A on the ds menu and at what time should i click A on the games menu do i click at 12:10:02 in the game or ds menu

Set your DS' date to 8/3/11, and the time to 12:09. Then you watch the clock from the DS main menu, and when it says 12:10:02 you push "A".