• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Don Bonnigan

My Goodness!
Well my persistence paid off. I now have a Modest Genesect w/ 31/18/31/31/31/31. I plan on making him a rock polish sweeper.

Last edited:

Pidj

Back again. I really can't hit my seed for my wondercard Genesect. I've looked at re-doing my calibration but I'm still only hitting the same two timer0's. I've been trying to hit this for a couple of weeks now but no luck. When I look at adjacent seeds I also put in a range of timer0's to see if I can find it but no luck.

I've only ever successfully RNG'd on BW and when doing that I've only done wild RNG's and egg RNG's so Wondercards are definitely new ground but I'm sure I understand the process. Having said that does the date that I downloaded the card make a difference to my RNG?

I'm currently using RNG Reporter 9.96.4 and I've also ticked the box for BW2. My main concern here is that my initial frame and my target frame appears to change when I use the BW2 tickbox. For example the time finder says that my target frame is 55 but when I put the seed in to the reporter and tick the box for BW2 the target frame is 53. This just seems weird to me.

EDIT - Just tried to RNG the Terrakion on Route 22 and have hit the same spread too. But when I look at adjacent seeds I can't find the spread I'm hitting. I wouldn't mind so much if I could at least see the seed I am hitting!!

Last edited:

Ausgirl

Is it a good idea to callaborate in victory road? I plan on doing this just near the enterance before you reach the elite four. Also I read somewhere that you should have about five pokemon on your team when you're RNGing, including a sweet scent pokemon and at least two chatot's. I have all of the required pokemon but I wondered if you can do it using just the required pokemon and leave the other three spaces in your party free? Something else I was wondering is which method I'll need to use to RNG Cobalion and other in-game legends.

And I'm completely confused where I have to go to enter the colaboration details in the RNG reporter. Everytime I look at the RNG reporter and attempt to learn how to use it the layout changes.

Last edited:

Myrrh

If I want to RNG on my Black 2, do I have to do the calibration process like I did for Black 1 when I first started, or can I RNG on it with the info I already got?

Bokk

Two questions about RNGing for White 2 on my 3DS:

1. Do I still hold off on pressing A until the Gamefreak comet appears or has that changed?

2. Is there any danger to using the home button on the 3DS?

Thanks.

If I want to RNG on my Black 2, do I have to do the calibration process like I did for Black 1 when I first started, or can I RNG on it with the info I already got?

Yeah, you still need to calibrate like in BW, unless you happen to have PPRNG, in which case you can use the Unova Link to figure out your parameters a lot easier.

Two questions about RNGing for White 2 on my 3DS:

1. Do I still hold off on pressing A until the Gamefreak comet appears or has that changed?

2. Is there any danger to using the home button on the 3DS?

Thanks.

Yes, you still continue to hold A until the GF comet.

And I've got no clue, but I'd assume just to play it safe, don't press it.

Myrrh

Yeah, you still need to calibrate like in BW, unless you happen to have PPRNG, in which case you can use the Unova Link to figure out your parameters a lot easier.

Okay, thank you. Guess I'll have to figure out the best place to do that when I am ready to RNG on Black 2.

Okay, thank you. Guess I'll have to figure out the best place to do that when I am ready to RNG on Black 2.

If you haven't battled the stationary Amoonguss on Route 23, that'd be the place imo. Each is level 56, so it's high enough to get accurate results for the IVs, and you can just keep SRing in front of it until you've done it enough times (about twenty times from what I hear).

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!
Is it a good idea to callaborate in victory road? I plan on doing this just near the enterance before you reach the elite four. Also I read somewhere that you should have about five pokemon on your team when you're RNGing, including a sweet scent pokemon and at least two chatot's. I have all of the required pokemon but I wondered if you can do it using just the required pokemon and leave the other three spaces in your party free? Something else I was wondering is which method I'll need to use to RNG Cobalion and other in-game legends.

And I'm completely confused where I have to go to enter the colaboration details in the RNG reporter. Everytime I look at the RNG reporter and attempt to learn how to use it the layout changes.

Yeah, Victory road should be fine, as long as it's in one of the caves with out any NPC's. The only time you need to worry about the number of pokemon in your party is when there's an IV frame of 2 or higher, in which case it's 5 mon's for frame 6, 4 for frame 5, etc.. If the IV frame is 1, it doesn't matter, just take the pokemon you need and leave at least one slot open for the pokemon you're RNG'ing. If you're calibrating, the Chatot's and sweet scenter are fine on their own. The info for calibrating should be entered in the Find DS Parameters section of 5th Gen Tools.

For RNG'ing legendaries like Cobalion, Method: IV's (Standard Seed) and Encounter Type: Stationary Pokemon.

Bokk

Yes, you still continue to hold A until the GF comet.

And I've got no clue, but I'd assume just to play it safe, don't press it.

Thanks for the info. One more question. When RNGing with a 3DS, I'll always have to have it synched with some other type of clock right? So if I miss my seed, I'll have to sync to another clock because the 3DS doesn't have its own, or am I over-complicating this?

Thanks for the info. One more question. When RNGing with a 3DS, I'll always have to have it synched with some other type of clock right? So if I miss my seed, I'll have to sync to another clock because the 3DS doesn't have its own, or am I over-complicating this?

Yeah, that's right. One useful thing I've heard is using a DS Phat/Lite's clock to sync to the 3DS, but at that point it begs the question as to why you're not using the DS Lite in the first place. At any rate, a 3DS has more Timer0's than a DS Phat or Lite.

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
Just here to thank a lot Silvershark for letting me know such a great method of knowing pkmn's IVs.

Although.....the "funny" thing is my Emolga's IVs were already correct as I knew them before...so I'm still here trying to figure out why in the world I was able to hatch a shiny Alomomola and Lillipup in 1 attempt each, but it's been taking me WEEKS with this little effin' flying squirrel.
I guess I'll try a couple dozen times at finding my starting frame, to completely rule out the possibility of timer0 trolling. Other than that, I'm out of ideas. I really am .______.

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!
Just here to thank a lot Silvershark for letting me know such a great method of knowing pkmn's IVs.

Although.....the "funny" thing is my Emolga's IVs were already correct as I knew them before...so I'm still here trying to figure out why in the world I was able to hatch a shiny Alomomola and Lillipup in 1 attempt each, but it's been taking me WEEKS with this little effin' flying squirrel.
I guess I'll try a couple dozen times at finding my starting frame, to completely rule out the possibility of timer0 trolling. Other than that, I'm out of ideas. I really am .______.

You're welcome, glad I could help. :)

Some seeds just aren't as cooperative as others. If it's the Timer0 trolling you, try re-saving in front of the daycare man, that usually helps. That also may shift the starting frame by 1-2 frames from the previous RNG attempts (at least it does when I do it). Based on your earlier posts, I'm guessing its the Timer0, or you just have a seed that's very tricky to hit.

Bokk

Yeah, that's right. One useful thing I've heard is using a DS Phat/Lite's clock to sync to the 3DS, but at that point it begs the question as to why you're not using the DS Lite in the first place. At any rate, a 3DS has more Timer0's than a DS Phat or Lite.

Thanks for all your help, Agonist. Much appreciated.

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
OMG YESSSSHHHHH :D :D

Finally I was able to get something good out of my game. I tried to breed with another pokemon whose IVs were revealed from the battle vid in pokecheck, and it freaking worked. I hatched a male shiny Tepig with 31/31/29/26/29/28. Though I did have to try a couple times both when finding the starting frame and hitting the one I wanted, so I guess the main issue I had lately was a bit of lack of patience. Now I'm so much more motivated to keep trying for an Emolga. Imma get that ***** to hatch meh a brunette! >: O

But not right now. Now, I just can't wait to transfer this lil beauty over to B2 and start playing it...

Bokk

Does anyone else get an error when they check off Black/White 2 underneath calculate initial frame?

JTrainer

Pokemon SwordMaster
Does anything advance the PID frame in the area in Castelia City where you can catch wild eevees? Cause I tried to RNG there and I kept getting weird results whenever I tried advancing the frame via chatot chattering.

Pidj

Does anything advance the PID frame in the area in Castelia City where you can catch wild eevees? Cause I tried to RNG there and I kept getting weird results whenever I tried advancing the frame via chatot chattering.

I am very interested in this answer as this is where I have calibrated.

Its just occurred on me that as this little area is classed as castelia city all of the wnpc's on the streets (not visible in this little patch) could be advancing the frame like crazy. I originally assumed that as there are no wnpc's in this small area it would be perfect for calibration!

I am very interested in this answer as this is where I have calibrated.

Its just occurred on me that as this little area is classed as castelia city all of the wnpc's on the streets (not visible in this little patch) could be advancing the frame like crazy. I originally assumed that as there are no wnpc's in this small area it would be perfect for calibration!

No, there aren't any WNPCs in the park.

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
Btw, is it true what I'm hearing, that you can't abuse eggs in BW2? If it is, why?