• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Hmmm sorry for asking this question but if i find a pokemon in a hidden grotto and i want to rng it, is it under the stationary pokemon encounter or hidden grotto under encounter type. Does it make a difference??

Last edited:

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
BW2 only, yup. It allows for fast(er-ish) parameter checking, you just start up the game, noting date and time -> Unova Link -> Key System -> Send and Receive Keys -> Yes to the Launch communications prompt -> Note the starting position of the spinner -> Get the spinner position 9 more times (RNGR has up to 15 spots for arrows but 10 is enough per parameter check) -> Search, do this enough times until you feel you've narrowed down which of the many Timer0s is the most common.

alright im trying to do this what your talking about but im launching the infrared? im a bit confused how this works im stuck at the send and receive key area...someone help? im totally lost how to imput this maybe i should just do it the normal way to set my perimeters?

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
alright im trying to do this what your talking about but im launching the infrared? im a bit confused how this works im stuck at the send and receive key area...someone help? im totally lost how to imput this maybe i should just do it the normal way to set my perimeters?

If you're getting confused ten just do normal calibration. But you're supposed to launch the communications prompt and read the positions of the spinner, which you can plug into RNGR to find your Timer0 and junk. Its a little faster than normal calibration I've heard. I haven't tried it yet, but I will once I get around to RNGing Dream Radar.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
If you're getting confused ten just do normal calibration. But you're supposed to launch the communications prompt and read the positions of the spinner, which you can plug into RNGR to find your Timer0 and junk. Its a little faster than normal calibration I've heard. I haven't tried it yet, but I will once I get around to RNGing Dream Radar.

thing is that im confused how to read it and plug in what? i can't even figure out what to put in the reporter from the spinner? so i think normal calibration is the way to go...how long did it take you get your timer though in your bw2?

edit: nvm i got my perimeters set now XD

edit again: can anyone exlpain why every time i set my perimeters in white 2 version i keep not hitting my seed...is it true that there are more ten 20 timers in bw2? its quite annoying to set up to be honest :/

also i found how to do the unova thing but i learned that its broken on windows :/ so...yeah im stuck with a massive timer project of trying to find it :/ any tips?

Last edited:

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
thing is that im confused how to read it and plug in what? i can't even figure out what to put in the reporter from the spinner? so i think normal calibration is the way to go...how long did it take you get your timer though in your bw2?

edit: nvm i got my perimeters set now XD

edit again: can anyone exlpain why every time i set my perimeters in white 2 version i keep not hitting my seed...is it true that there are more ten 20 timers in bw2? its quite annoying to set up to be honest :/

also i found how to do the unova thing but i learned that its broken on windows :/ so...yeah im stuck with a massive timer project of trying to find it :/ any tips?

Timer0s fluctuate more in B2/W2. You have to calibrate more (I did 20 times to narrow down my Timer0)
Chances are though, if you're trying to hit a seed that requires a keypress, your game might shift a Timer0 value. Calibrate for both no keypresses and one keypress and switch those two values when you search for no keypresses or one keypress, respectively of course.

dewey911p

primus inter pares
Timer0s fluctuate more in B2/W2. You have to calibrate more (I did 20 times to narrow down my Timer0)
Chances are though, if you're trying to hit a seed that requires a keypress, your game might shift a Timer0 value. Calibrate for both no keypresses and one keypress and switch those two values when you search for no keypresses or one keypress, respectively of course.

That's actually not true. Bond697 proved, via machine assembly code and game debugging, that key \presses have no effect on Timer0. B/W2 are just really fickle with Timer0s. Just keep trying and eventually you will land on the right Timer0

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
That's actually not true. Bond697 proved, via machine assembly code and game debugging, that key \presses have no effect on Timer0. B/W2 are just really fickle with Timer0s. Just keep trying and eventually you will land on the right Timer0

oh okay thanks dewey and i got my 10 results now...i got 4 of the same timer but im want to make sure i got the timer correctly, the other trials were 3 or less which you told me that there nothing and just timer fluctuation...the reason is that i got 2 of the same timer with different natures and the other 2 is the exact same nature and pid number (gotta love pokecheck :p)? is this may be moving npc's...if it is then im all set to go...i think i got my timer correct then...

Last edited:

dewey911p

primus inter pares
No, WNPCs don't effect parameters because parameters just go off of the IVs and not the PID. If you feel confident that you know which value(s) are your most common, I would say you can go ahead and try RNGing with that value(s). As you start to RNG, if you find that you are getting the wrong Timer0 a lot, you can always use whatever it is you are RNGing for a parameter search to see if another value is more common. For example, say you are RNGing Kyurem and you keep getting wrong chatot pitches, well you can use the Master Ball, run a parameter search with Kyurem's IVs and see if you are getting the same Timer0 over and over again. If that is the case, you can try a seed with the other Timer0 or stick to the same seed and eventually you will get the right one.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
An thank you for correcting me. I just saw that in BearsFan's video and I assumed that was correct.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
No, WNPCs don't effect parameters because parameters just go off of the IVs and not the PID. If you feel confident that you know which value(s) are your most common, I would say you can go ahead and try RNGing with that value(s). As you start to RNG, if you find that you are getting the wrong Timer0 a lot, you can always use whatever it is you are RNGing for a parameter search to see if another value is more common. For example, say you are RNGing Kyurem and you keep getting wrong chatot pitches, well you can use the Master Ball, run a parameter search with Kyurem's IVs and see if you are getting the same Timer0 over and over again. If that is the case, you can try a seed with the other Timer0 or stick to the same seed and eventually you will get the right one.

okay and so how does it explain the same iv's then but different natures then? is that just and wait nevermind i saw you said it only goes of of iv's not pid XD so then i should be all set then cuaz i have 4 of the same iv's and i pretty sure that is the right timer0 for my seed hunting...thanks dewey...ill try doing my rnging then and see what happens and how would i check the iv's then for genescect with out depositing it in pokecheck cuaz it can't cuaz of the ribbon and also on top of it if it did i would not have a chance to rng it again...should i use the iv calculator then?

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator
Is it true a Wurmple's Personality Value can be checked/controlled through RNG Reporter?

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator

dewey911p

primus inter pares
Gee, thanks!^^ BTW, when you mean anything would that include Evo Stones in dustclouds?

Also, what is the current version of RNG Reporter? mine is still 9.96 alpha, because the beta version said it wasn't compatible with my Windows or something.

Yeah, RNGR has supported item abuse for awhile now in both shaking spots (of all kinds) and even held items on wild pokemon. I never bothered with item abuse as screwing around with my AR when I first got it gave me more items then I even wanted (and I can't get rid of the damn things either ~.~) but others have and I'm sure there are guides written about item abuse on smogon somewhere.

As for the most recent version of RNGR it's 9.96.5 beta which requires NET 4.5 (or something like that ... hell if I know) to run and as such, is not compatible with windows OS before Vista. So if you are still running XP, you're SoL as RNGR now requires Vista and beyond to work. The reason is because the developers figured a 40%+ increase in seed searching speed was a higher priority than support for an 11 year old OS.

Last edited:

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator
Yeah, RNGR has supported item abuse for awhile now in both shaking spots (of all kinds) and even held items on wild pokemon. I never bothered with item abuse as screwing around with my AR when I first got it gave me more items then I even wanted (and I can't get rid of the damn things either ~.~) but others have and I'm sure there are guides written about item abuse on smogon somewhere.

I'll check it out definitely.

As for the most recent version of RNGR it's 9.96.5 beta which requires NET 4.5 (or something like that ... hell if I know) to run and as such, is not compatible with windows OS before Vista. So if you are still running XP, you're SoL as RNGR now requires Vista and beyond to work. The reason is because the developers figured a 40%+ increase in seed searching speed was a higher priority than support for an 11 year old OS.

Wow, that...sucks. -.-

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
hey i got another question i did 5 more searches to be safe and i noticed i got two timers that show up the most? is it possible to have two timers that show up the most? and could i use either one for my rng's for bw2?

hey i got another question i did 5 more searches to be safe and i noticed i got two timers that show up the most? is it possible to have two timers that show up the most? and could i use either one for my rng's for bw2?

Yes, for RNGing targets try to get search results that land on your most common Timer0's if you can.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Yes, for RNGing targets try to get search results that land on your most common Timer0's if you can.

okay thank you very much quote...i was wondering if it was possible thanks a bunch...i have two timers show up like 5 times and the others are 4 and below...i think im ready to rng my first thing on bw2 now ^_^

MSK

So I'm about to go and RNG my Latias in White 2. I know I need to save a square away, do the usual, then take the step to start the encounter. What I want to know though is are there any NPC's in the dreamyard that'll affect my frame advances. I've got a penta-flawless sync frame that only requires 60 advances so don't want a load of NPC's that take me past this.

dewey911p

primus inter pares
There is one NPC in the Dreamyard but if you are fast enough they won't advance your frame. Just note that they are their though because they can screw with your results, but again, if you are fast enough they shouldn't be a problem.